Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 92  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:26 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Floyd Mayweather says he “let Manny Pacquiao win two rounds” in their fight, says blame Pac for the fight not living up to expectations

James Slater - April 17, 2017 



Fight fans everywhere were at fever pitch for the so called “Fight of The Century” between superstars Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao. These same fans know full well how the fight turned out to be one big dud; possibly the biggest big-fight disappointment in 50 years or more.


Mayweather, possibly assisted by the undisclosed shoulder injury Pac-Man was carrying for long stages of the May 2015 fight, cruised to a clear 12 round decision victory, winning with his safety first, smart approach. Today, Mayweather is still angry at the way fight fans lay the blame for the fight not living up to the quite monstrous expectations at his feet.

Speaking with Fight Hype, “Money” said that it was Pacquiao’s fault the fight failed to deliver.

“They say, yeah, Floyd, the fight didn’t live up to expectations. No, [because] he [Pacquiao] didn’t do what the f**k he’s supposed to do. I went out there and I did what I was supposed to do,” Mayweather said. “I kicked his ***! I let him win two rounds, that’s it. I gave him two rounds.”

It’s true that nobody – outside of a wholly unrealistic Manny Pacquiao himself – argued with the verdict that had Floyd winning and winning handily. 10 rounds to 2 is probably about right, certainly it’s tough to make a case for Pac-Man winning more than three or four rounds at the absolute most.

Who knows if we would have been treated to a much better, and much closer, fight if Pacquiao had been 100-percent and injury free in the match-up that took place almost two years ago and smashed all pay-per-view records. We will never find out as no rematch will happen. Had the two rival superstars met in, say, 2009 or 2010, when Pacquiao was at his most ferocious, we may also have witnessed a totally different fight.

It’s all history now though, and according to Floyd, the boring nature of the 36 minutes the two greatest fighters of their era shared is down to one man: the southpaw dynamo he defused with his sheer boxing brilliance

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Roach on Pacquiao-Horn: Upsets Are Part of Life, But Not This Time!

Freddie Roach, trainer of eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, is confident that Jeff Horn will not become the newest upset sensation in their upcoming fight.

Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against the 2012 Australian Olympian at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on July 2, Horn's promoter Duco Events officially announced last week.

A deal for Pacquiao to defend his title against Horn had initially been scrapped in favour of a fight against Amir Khan in the United Arab Emirates on April 23, though the agreement with the British boxer eventually fell through.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-on-pac ... Jx8nJ.dpuf

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Image

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Pacquiao (59-6-2, 38 KOs) last fought on November 5 and defeated Jessie Vargas to reclaim the welterweight title he lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in their 2015 blockbuster showdown. Horn (16-0-1), 29, had been campaigning to fight Pacquiao for quite some time and will now get a chance to make a name for himself. "I'd never actually thought Pacquiao would still be around when I was going to get my shot at the world title. I'm still young, still under 30, so I'm ready to take this shot," Horn said. While Horn and his camp are confident of an upset - Roach rolls his eyes at the thought. Horn has never faced an opponent on the level of Pacquiao, and his two best wins have come against former champions Randall Bailey and Ali Funeka - both of which have seen much better days.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
"Upsets are part of life. That’s very true but this is a world title fight and we will not be leaving Australia without that belt, believe me. I come up with different game plans for different fighters. Horn is a different opponent to all the other guys, every fighter is different. Manny and I will sit down together in Manila and work out exactly how to beat Horn. Whatever Horn brings we will be ready for it," Roach said to Fox Sports.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-on-pac ... TWhax.dpuf

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Image

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
McGregor: If Mayweather Craps His Jocks, I Might Pick Pacquiao

By Chisanga Malata, courtesy of The Daily Star

CONOR MCGREGOR has revealed he’s willing to box WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao if his proposed fight with Floyd Mayweather falls through.

McGregor, Ireland's first UFC champion, has been pursuing a mega-money boxing match with the American for the last six months.

Negotiations between both camps have reached an advanced stage but an agreement to see the reigning UFC lightweight champ take on Mayweather hasn’t been agreed.

On Wednesday afternoon, UFC president Dana White revealed that he has yet to hold talks with Mayweather’s team.

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor-if- ... aVQiQ.dpuf

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
During an appearance on Fox Sports’ ‘The Herd’, White also admitted that a deal to see McGregor lock horns with the Olympic bronze medallist may not be struck. McGregor, who last graced the Octagon at UFC 205 back in November, is more than aware of that fact his pursuit of a fight with Mayweather might fall through. And 'The Notorious', who hasn’t been slacking on his other martial arts commitments, has revealed he could seek a fight with Pacquiao if Mayweather decides against fighting him.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
“The focus has been solely boxing lately but make no mistakes, the kicking and grappling aspects, and everything else got to do with unlimited free fighting, is still very much present in my thoughts,” 28-year-old McGregor said in a post on Instagram. “Floyd may crap his jocks after all and if so I will go back to true fighting or just pick another boxer like Manny or something. But whatever that's another conversation.”

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
McGregor's comments came a few hours after he denied White’s claim that he will make $75m if he fights Mayweather. The Nevada Athletic Commission are willing to license 'Mystic Mac', who recently paid the monetary portion of the sanctions imposed on him for his actions at the final UFC 202 pre-fight press conference. "We would be willing to give him a license," NAC executive director Bob Bennett told Starsport. "He will be approved for a license."

- See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor-if- ... aVQiQ.dpuf

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 862
boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
Floyd Mayweather says he “let Manny Pacquiao win two rounds” in their fight, says blame Pac for the fight not living up to expectations

James Slater - April 17, 2017 



Fight fans everywhere were at fever pitch for the so called “Fight of The Century” between superstars Floyd Mayweather Junior and Manny Pacquiao. These same fans know full well how the fight turned out to be one big dud; possibly the biggest big-fight disappointment in 50 years or more.


Mayweather, possibly assisted by the undisclosed shoulder injury Pac-Man was carrying for long stages of the May 2015 fight, cruised to a clear 12 round decision victory, winning with his safety first, smart approach. Today, Mayweather is still angry at the way fight fans lay the blame for the fight not living up to the quite monstrous expectations at his feet.

Speaking with Fight Hype, “Money” said that it was Pacquiao’s fault the fight failed to deliver.

“They say, yeah, Floyd, the fight didn’t live up to expectations. No, [because] he [Pacquiao] didn’t do what the f**k he’s supposed to do. I went out there and I did what I was supposed to do,” Mayweather said. “I kicked his ***! I let him win two rounds, that’s it. I gave him two rounds.”

It’s true that nobody – outside of a wholly unrealistic Manny Pacquiao himself – argued with the verdict that had Floyd winning and winning handily. 10 rounds to 2 is probably about right, certainly it’s tough to make a case for Pac-Man winning more than three or four rounds at the absolute most.

Who knows if we would have been treated to a much better, and much closer, fight if Pacquiao had been 100-percent and injury free in the match-up that took place almost two years ago and smashed all pay-per-view records. We will never find out as no rematch will happen. Had the two rival superstars met in, say, 2009 or 2010, when Pacquiao was at his most ferocious, we may also have witnessed a totally different fight.

It’s all history now though, and according to Floyd, the boring nature of the 36 minutes the two greatest fighters of their era shared is down to one man: the southpaw dynamo he defused with his sheer boxing brilliance


Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Conor McGregor open to fighting Manny Pacquiao if Floyd Mayweather fight falls through

CONOR MCGREGOR has revealed he’s willing to box Manny Pacquiao if his proposed fight with Floyd Mayweather falls through.

By Chisanga Malata

McGregor, Ireland's first UFC champion, has been pursuing a mega-money boxing match with the American for the last six months.

Negotiations between both camps have reached an advanced stage but an agreement to see the reigning UFC lightweight champ take on Mayweather hasn’t been agreed.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
On Wednesday afternoon, UFC president Dana White revealed that he has yet to hold talks with Mayweather’s team.

During an appearance on Fox Sports’ ‘The Herd’, White also admitted that a deal to see McGregor lock horns with the Olympic bronze medallist may not be struck.

McGregor, who last graced the Octagon at UFC 205 back in November, is more than aware of that fact his pursuit of a fight with Mayweather might fall through.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
And 'The Notorious', who hasn’t been slacking on his other martial arts commitments, has revealed he could seek a fight with Pacquiao if Mayweather decides against fighting him.

“The focus has been solely boxing lately but make no mistakes, the kicking and grappling aspects, and everything else got to do with unlimited free fighting, is still very much present in my thoughts,” 28-year-old McGregor said in a post on Instagram.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 21081
Location: Just here in front of my computer
The Nevada Athletic Commission are willing to license'Mystic Mac', who recently paid the monetary portion of the sanctions imposed on him for his actions at the final UFC 202 pre-fight press conference.

"We would be willing to give him a license," NAC executive director Bob Bennett told Starsport. "He will be approved for a license."

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 92  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group