Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 pm 
Heavyweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Now Pacman team's mouthpiece insinuates Arum is trying to sabotage the fight lol.

Pacman is thanking Golden Boy and Matthysse, not Top Rank.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-137375.html

So, now Pac is spending money to fight instead of making money?
TR was not involved in this fight outside of Arum enforcing his US TV rights to Pac's fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:35 pm 
Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:
Is Arum trying to sabotage this fight????

How can GBP leaked the story they have not been paid?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Doesn't matter to me, I just want to see Pacman fight 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

gritsteel2 wrote:

It will be a good fight.

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:05 pm 
Lightweight

:thunder: :idea2: :thunder: Arum could wish whatever comes in his mind regardless of the outcome of the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Mattysse, also whether this forthcoming fight be postponed or will go through as planned. On the other perspective, it sounds to me that Arum's public declaration with his doubts about the KL showdown not to transpire might be part of his mechanism for having not given the major role to promote it himself. A SOUR GRAPING in a certain degree I may call it. Below is Manny Pacquiao's statement as he remains focused with his forthcoming fight in KL. He himself is short in saying that " Oftentimes, fighters are being shortchanged by the wily promoters " which may cause something??. Could it be that he was also indirectly making a jab to Arum as one of the detractors to his (Pacquiao's ) own venture of promoting fights??? TRAIDOR ITONG SI BOB ARUM working behind scenes as he knows fully well the underground maneuvers to down other promoters being in the business for quite some times.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-137375.html

GENERAL SANTOS CITY – World’s lone eight-division boxing champion Manny Pacquiao has remained undisturbed despite efforts by some individuals to sabotage his July 15 showdown with Argentinian World Boxing Association (WBA) Welterweight titleholder Lucas Matthysse.

“The fight will proceed as scheduled. Nothing can stop that. I am training hard for the fight and I never allow any distraction to destroy my focus,” Pacquiao said.

Just recently, reports came out that the July 15 Pacquiao-Matthysse ring duel is in peril.

“I’m trying my best with the help of God to make this fight a success. I also pray for my detractors that God may enlighten their minds and soften their hearts,” Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao, through his own promotional outfit MP Promotions, is staging his first ever international boxing promotion dubbed as “Fight of Champions” slated to be held in Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

Pacquiao added that venturing into this endeavor is not all about money.

“I had a sad experience as a struggling boxer. Oftentimes, fighters are being shortchanged by the wily promoters. Staging my first ever international boxing promotion is part of my advocacy to help budding boxers, particularly those coming from Asia,” the Pinoy ring legend explained.

According to Pacquiao, he really doesn’t care if he earns little in this promotion.

“As long as I can provide jobs to those who work for MP Promotions and give decent and appropriate pay to boxers fighting in the undercard, I will be very happy. That’s what I believe is business with morality. Self-fulfillment and helping others are more important to me than money,” the Pinoy boxing idol said.

The Pinoy boxing sensation thanks Golden Boy Promotions and the Matthysse Camp for not yielding to the wicked intention of fight saboteurs.

“I’d like to extend my profound gratitude to Golden Boy Promotions of Oscar Dela Hoya and the Matthysse camp for their trust and confidence. This fight will push through as scheduled,” he said.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It is sad and disgusting that the filthy snake Arum is obviously trying very hard to undermine the Pac-Matthyse fight after bilking Pacquiao during his prime for years and years, and short-changing him with the talentless hack Horn in the Great Brisbane Robbery.

I see Pac working with GBP more in the twilight years of his boxing career from this point on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:46 pm 
Heavyweight

gritsteel2 wrote:

Pac, in essence, is paying to get hit in the face.
And endangering his health and life.
I have no clue how that's even worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

journeyman7 wrote:
It is sad and disgusting that the filthy snake Arum is obviously trying very hard to undermine the Pac-Matthyse fight after bilking Pacquiao during his prime for years and years, and short-changing him with the talentless hack Horn in the Great Brisbane Robbery.

I see Pac working with GBP more in the twilight years of his boxing career from this point on.

True but it is expected of Arum the old fart leech.

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:44 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:

Pac, in essence, is paying to get hit in the face.
And endangering his health and life.
I have no clue how that's even worth it.

Well, then don't watch the fight. I myself and many others are going to watch the fight and see him get hit everywhere, as he himself does the same to Lucas. Every boxer endanger their health and life the moment they take up the sport.

In Pacman's case, he thinks he still has it, and so do I. Not the same old Pacman, but still a force to reckon with.

You also don't know if he is "paying for it", you're just speculating. At any rate, not interested in that except as news, end of the day, I just want to watch his last fights.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 pm 
Heavyweight

journeyman7 wrote:

Well, I hope Pacman succeeds in his promoting endeavors even after his boxing career ends.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:58 pm 
Heavyweight

arum does not want pac to be a successful promoter

if pac-mathysse fight will be a huge success, arum can bid goodbye of promoting pac's future fight in china, macao and other asian countries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
arum does not want pac to be a successful promoter

if pac-mathysse fight will be a huge success, arum can bid goodbye of promoting pac's future fight in china, macao and other asian countries

+1 8)

He doesn't afford to repeat his mistake with DLH and AXF...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:11 pm 
Heavyweight

So it turns out Pacman team is not not late in their financial obligation to Lucas. Arum just fueled speculation.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-137411.html

Maybe late only for the TV stuff for Top Rank, but Pacman must have a good reason.

Anyway, that's fine, now we can watch Pacman fight again !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm 
Lightweight

:thunder: :idea2: :thunder: It was no doubt in my mind eversince before this news Article pasted below came into the eyes of the reading public as to the stand of Arum being doubted as one of the detractors trying to sabotage the KL forthcoming slugfest between Pacquiao and Mattyse.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-137441.html

News

NOTHING, NO ONE CAN STOP PACMAN’s JULY 15 TITLE FIGHT

By Aquiles Z. Zonio
PhilBoxing.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2018

GENERAL SANTOS CITY – Filipino ring sensation Manny Pacquiao has assured diehard boxing fans his July 15 Welterweight title showdown against World Boxing Association (WBA) Welterweight king Lucas Matthysse will definitely push through as scheduled.

Pacquiao issued the statement late Tuesday afternoon to allay fears generated by rumors from fight saboteurs that the July 15 “Fight of Champions” slated to be held in Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is in jeopardy.

“MP Promotions had already settled the financial issues. Last Monday, we sent the initial payment to the Golden Boy Promotions and the Matthysse Camp. The remaining amount will be released as scheduled,” Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao claimed he is in constant touched with the Matthysse camp and they both agreed nothing can stop this fight.

“We are now on the final phase of our preparations for the July 15 bout. Both of us are preparing hard. I don’t want to predict the outcome but I feel this fight will not last the full distance. May the best man win,” Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao thanked the Golden Boy Promotions and the Matthysse camp for ignoring the damaging insinuations especially the ones coming from wily promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank.

“Despite our efforts, there are still some individuals who wanted to sabotage the fight. I am saddened, but not affected, by what they are doing. May God enlighten their minds and soften their hearts,” Pacquiao said.

Barely three weeks away from the scheduled ring duel in Kuala Lumpur, Pacquiao has yet to receive support – even mere encouraging words -- from his longtime promoter.

Innate greed has again gobbled up Arum. He wants to sabotage the Pacquiao-Matthysse title fight so he can pit his guy, Terence Crawford, against the Argentinian boxing champion.

Arum is not only greedy. He also lacks decency and delicadeza.

Arum made Pacquiao his virtual milking cow for about 13 years.

Yet, Arum has never learned to value his friendship and companionship with his former prized ward.

Arum has shown to the world his real character – a man devoid of business morality and kindness.

Arum has been abusing Pacquiao’s kindheartedness. But, the Filipino ring icon refused to hit back.

True to his character as Born-Again Christian, he just turned to prayers to overcome the callousness and insensitivity of his former promoter. Be that as it may, a true Christian must never stoop down to the level of a heartless and uncaring boxing promoter.

During the height of their friendship, Arum was accorded with highest respect and hospitality by the Pacquiao family while on travel here in the Philippines. He was even treated like a member of the family.

Not all members of Team Pacquiao, however, will just take Arum’s disrespect and boorishness sitting down.

For several times in the past, Pacquiao managed to rein in members of Team Pacquiao who were pissed off by Arum’s negative statements issued to the media.

“Just ignore what he (Arum) said. He is already an old man. Let’s respect him,” Pacquiao was overheard telling the members of his team.

As Filipinos, we were taught inside our homes and classrooms to respect elders.

But Arum is showing no respect even to one of our national heroes. Hence, he deserves no respect. As the saying goes, “respect begets respect.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Golden Boy Promotions is now claiming MP promotions is late in making their second deposit.
Not looking good.

A-c-t-u-a-l-l-y dis is aaaaah part op deeee aaaaaah strategy op psycological warper in order por Matthysee not to tren hard. Tinking dat deeee aaah pight might not happen or dat he wil not be peid in pull. In pact, Matthysse wants his payment money put in eskrow or deposit in bank in advance por security peyoff apter deee aaaah pight. He is now insecured. When deeee aaaah dealdline por deee aaah pihgt is approoching, den money will be put up. Packy is not bothered , trinning hard with Buboy and could aaaaaah den knock Matthysse out at pight night a-l-s-o. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next