Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Spence vs Pacquiao
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm 
Lightweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
POORPAUL wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
We're talking about the same Pacquiao who fought Horn and struggled with the come-forward style... Spence will be so aggressive and use his size against Pacquiao way better than Horn...

Spence by 1st round murder...

Pac was alone by himself against 5 personas namely; 3 blind Judges, the ignoramus Ref and the dirty wrestler rugby boxer Horn in the turf of the Kangaroos down under. Despite all these, the eyes of the whole world in earnest had favored Pac to have won that ugly fight. Having said this and if ever Pac fights Spence in a one in one basis, there is a great chance that Pac could still dominate considering the come forward style of Spence which Pac prefers. Just my honest thoughts.. :thunder: :idea2: :thunder:

I never said that he lost that fight, but he clearly struggled due to Horn's size..

gritsteel2 wrote:
Pac is already on his way to Texas. Why bother to go there if he is not fighting the winner of Spence vs Garcia ? That's what's next. Some folks are now siding with Garcia. So we shall soon know who Pacman is fighting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterkahn/ ... ht-update/

Pacquiao needs to vacate his WBA (Regular) title to fight the IBF titleholder... I don't think WBA will strip Thurman now just for a unification (can't even do when he's inactive)...

My above statements justify WHY Pac struggled fighting against Horn in 5 personas at that fight despite dirty tactics and his size. I also respectfully respect your own thoughts and judgement that Spence will murder Pac just in the 1st round and again the summary of my statement humbly say it all to justify event that may far could happen. :thunder: :idea2: :thunder:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 am 
Middleweight

POORPAUL wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
We're talking about the same Pacquiao who fought Horn and struggled with the come-forward style... Spence will be so aggressive and use his size against Pacquiao way better than Horn...

Spence by 1st round murder...

Pac was alone by himself against 5 personas namely; 3 blind Judges, the ignoramus Ref and the dirty wrestler rugby boxer Horn in the turf of the Kangaroos down under. Despite all these, the eyes of the whole world in earnest had favored Pac to have won that ugly fight. Having said this and if ever Pac fights Spence in a one in one basis, there is a great chance that Pac could still dominate considering the come forward style of Spence which Pac prefers. Just my honest thoughts.. :thunder: :idea2: :thunder:

right..cos..it's a fact that horn adding that 5 persona you taking of...is not spence...horn's name spelled not as spence..theyre two different persons...in toughness, style, etc..etc..moreso of tactics that should spence has that same tactics of horn's padded by other persona you talking of...spence is more worst than horn...thus pac is in deep trouble going into that spence fight...

yet as spence is indeed is not horn, in style etc...and less that dirty tactics and that other personas you said...then pac could be better of with spence than he had with such unrecognizeable 5 persona boxer horn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Not even a technical guy in Mikey Garcia can outbox Spence... Pacquiao is watching ringside live...

Spence via first round murder...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 pm 
Heavyweight

No small guy, no matter how good, can beat Spence...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Spence was swarming all over Mikey because he felt the latter's punches were powerless.
Against Pacquiao, matatauhan siya kapag naramdaman niya ang lakas ni Pacman.
Believe me, Spence will go down once Pac hit him with a solid right hook or left staright.
The only thing Pac should avoid is Spences's continous stinging jabs,
Pac is vulnerable to jabs as evidenced in his fight with Cotto in the closing rounds.
And also stamina. If pac will gas out in the last few rounds, he's finished.
Spence loves to fight toe to toe & this will be Pac's advantage. Pag nagpupugan, may babagsak tiyak.
Sino? Sino pa, eh 'di si Errol. That will be Errol's biggest error.
Pacman will fight like a texas rooster once the fight pushes thru in Texas. Mark my words. 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
Spence was swarming all over Mikey because he felt the latter's punches were powerless.
Believe me, Spence will go down once Pac hit him with a solid right hook or left staright.
Pac is vulnerable to jabs as evidenced in his fight with Cotto in the closing rounds.
Spence loves to fight toe to toe & this will be Pac's advantage. Pag nagpupugan, may babagsak tiyak.
Pacman will fight like a texas rooster once the fight pushes thru in Texas. Mark my words. 8) 8)

Correct me if I'm wrong, Algieri once said that Spence hits harder than Pacquiao...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:21 pm 
Welterweight

It will be a calculated risk, Pac may win some rounds but once hit Pac is done. Why oh why did Pac accept the challenge. Kuya Dong Secuya just posted the article about our hero taking the challenge. Im praying for a miracle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Humble wrote:
It will be a calculated risk, Pac may win some rounds but once hit Pac is done. Why oh why did Pac accept the challenge. Kuya Dong Secuya just posted the article about our hero taking the challenge. Im praying for a miracle.

You might never know the advantage of carrying the experience that Pac has under his belt(s).....don't count him out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Humble wrote:

I think Spence's power is better than Cotto's, JMM's, Rios' and Matthysse's...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:34 pm 
Heavyweight

It would be a difficult fight for Pacquiao . I think Spence will box. Use his reach and height advantage.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:37 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Algieri once said that Spence hits harder than Pacquiao...
Maybe Spence can't take Pacquiao punch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 pm 
Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:
It would be a difficult fight for Pacquiao . I think Spence will box. Use his reach and height advantage.

Agree... Spence will fight similar to the Horn fight, except a clean fight, he will bully and pressure Pacquiao while staying at a zone where Pacquiao won't be able to attack and just defend until get caught with a murderous right cross...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Spence can box he show it against Garcia.
His Jab would be a big problem for Pacquiao.

Spence vs Crawford is pretty even

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Pac would make more money fighting Mikey in Dallas .
Better not take on Spence . Too big and too slick. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:58 pm 
Heavyweight

I think it's 50/50.

If Spence stick and move that would be too hard for Pacquiao. If he stays and trade with Manny. Pacman has a chance.

8)