Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Boxing rumors: What of Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, and more in 2020?
The rumor mill is churning as we close out 2019.

By Michael Woods on December 27, 2019 8:28 pm

The rumor mill is kicking into a higher gear than normal for the fight game, and much of the chatter is centered on the weltwerweight and middleweight divisions.

My man Mister X has his nose to the ground and ear to the doors; he’s hearing this and that, and much of the quiet yapping has to do with Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao and Bud Crawford.

X thinks Pacman vs Crawford could be in play; but wait, where would that faceoff land? Bud is beholden to ESPN, but Manny is in the PBC fold for one more fight — or more? So could that really get made? What about Bud vs Money?

X believes Eddie Hearn will be taking more runs at other big name game, like, for instance Pacman.

Jermall Charlo has or will be offered a one-fight deal to face Demetrius Andrade on DAZN, so it would be up to Jermall if he grabs that deal or not.

Andrade is expected to take care of his next opponent, Luke Keeler, so he’d be ready to go late spring/early summer versus the Texas twin.

”The winner of that would get to fight GGG,” X offered.

Hmm, intriguing; would GGG be the favorite versus Andrade? Versus Jermall? Both? Neither?

AND, might we see Floyd Mayweather, if he indeed does come back for 2020, do his thing on DAZN?

Depending on their strategy for 2020, those cats would be in play to snag a Floyd fight, their bank book is big enough, it’s simply a matter of, will John Skipper get the OK to write yet another ludicrous check for talent?

Danny Garcia’s name has been active on the chat scene. X thinks he could be the lead dog to get a Pacman fight in the summer. But if indeed Errol Spence has that miracle comeback in May/June, we’d think Garcia would be the top-most possibility to land a pair-up with Spence.

X believes it a possibility we see Terence Crawford fighting on DAZN, maybe. I say no way, ESPN+ isn’t keen on that site. I also think Al Haymon gets inventive and keeps Pacman within the PBC fold for 2020.

Y’all talk to me, what of these theories play out as reality?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao was named "Fighter of the Decade" for the 2000s by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA), World Boxing Council (WBC), and World Boxing Organization (WBO). He is also a three-time Ring magazine and BWAA Fighter of the Year, winning the award in 2006, 2008 and 2009, as well as the winner of the Best Fighter ESPY Award in 2009 and 2011. In 2016, Pacquiao was ranked No. 2 on ESPN's list of top pound for pound boxers of the past 25 years and currently ranks No. 4 in BoxRec's ranking of the greatest pound for pound boxers of all time. World-renowned boxing expert and historian Bert Sugar ranked Pacquiao as the greatest southpaw fighter of all time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:09 am 
Heavyweight

Manny Pacquiao displayed his basketball skill, dishing out a triple-double in a game in Calgary as his Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) toured Canada.

The boxer-senator led Team Pacquiao with 31 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds as his squad ran down Casem Calgary 116-99 in the MPBL exhibition match held at Seven Chiefs Sportsplex.

Pacquiao was given a warm welcome by the Filipino community in Calgary, getting mobbed by fans at the city's international airport and the local hotel where he was staying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Super WBA welterweight champion Sen. Manny Pacquiao was undefeated in two fights in 2019 and at 41, is looking forward to bigger bouts in the New Year, possibly against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a much-awaited rematch.

Filipino fighters figured in 22 world title fights sanctioned by the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO over the last 12 months, winning 10 and losing 12. Last year, the count was 10 wins, 13 losses, three draws and one no-contest. Pacquiao, IBF superflyweight ruler Jerwin Ancajas, WBO bantamweight king Johnriel Casimero and IBF minimumweight titlist Pedro Taduran are the reigning Filipino world champions at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:56 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao made believers out of skeptics who thought he was over the hill by thrashing Adrien Broner to keep his regular WBA welterweight crown last January and Keith Thurman to unify the super and regular WBA welterweight titles last July. Pacquiao floored Thurman in the first round and nearly toppled the brash American with a body shot in the 10th before winning by a split decision. There was no doubt who was the superior fighter and Pacquiao re-established himself as the world’s preeminent welterweight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97