Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

I mean, if Manny disposes of DDD come June 28, there are still other marketable fights..like with the big-mouths Campbell, Cassamayor or Guzman, or a third fight with JMM. Will a brawl with knock-out sensation Valero be your pick?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:32 am 
Flyweight

No I would rather have manny unify the light weight division. He shouldn't fight valero until after he has a few fights in the U.S. so he can build up his marketability and his fanbase. Manny should fight Nate Campbell and then the winner of the supposed matchup of Casamayor vs Marquez. :D Then hopefully ricky hatton

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

Campbell or Casamayor are the best options after Diaz because they have the belts. Joan Guzman, no benefits. Valero is a good option and I believe that most of the boxing fans are waiting for this, I myself wants to see if Valero's power will much PACMAN. My only question is in what weight? If @ 130 lbs, it will not be a good idea because Pacman is having a little bit of a hard time attaining or maintaining 130 lbs.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 am 
Cruiserweight

this wiLL be a TOK_TOK fight.. .!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:03 am 
Flyweight

No I believe Manny should retire while he is popular and on top of his career.Hes got the money anyway and the reputation he wants. We are chasing the wind my friend.Like greed there is no end to this adventure. Lahat may katapat at katapusan.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:26 am 
Welterweight

No way! I'm a firm believer in proving yourself first before getting the big money fights. Valero has not fought anyone of significant and has ducked real fighters (Guzman) so to keep his Manny sweeptakes alive.

There are plenty of more deserving fighters that should be of higher priority (provided the price is reasonable to Pac and opponent). The deserving opponents I believe fall in this order:

1. David Diaz (not well recognized but a tough a opponent and has the 135 belt Manny wants)
2. Nate Campbell (unification fight. Beat the crap out of Juan Diaz)
3. Ricky Hatton (this will be a great fight at 140. Despite the size difference, Freddie is very confident that Packy can take RH out)
3. Marquez (Should fight Campbell, Guzman, or other named fighters before Pac. But he deserves his third shot at Packy)
4. Guzman (I say Guzman and Campbell will be the toughest test for Packy)
5. Casamayor (He maybe too old when he gets his shot, but he still one of the elites at 135)
6. Katsadis (Gatti type fighter. I love this guy's heart and should give Packy a great exciting matchup)
7. Juan Diaz (major disappointment after Campbell. He was exposed---butt naked!)

Opponents that should not be considered since they have not proven a damn thing:
1. Valero (I put him on top simply because people continue to tout this guy who is little more than a club brawler and major ducker--Guzman anyone. This guy is hype! I say prove yourself first)
2. Amir Khan (He gave a shout out to Packy for his chance at Megamanny-hey who wouldn't. But need to fight named fighters first (Marquez, Guzman, even Valero would be nice). No free meal ticket buddy.
3. Chris John (no comment)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:31 am 
Heavyweight

Campbell.... :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

atomicflip wrote:
No way! I'm a firm believer in proving yourself first before getting the big money fights. Valero has not fought anyone of significant and has ducked real fighters (Guzman) so to keep his Manny sweeptakes alive.

There are plenty of more deserving fighters that should be of higher priority (provided the price is reasonable to Pac and opponent). The deserving opponents I believe fall in this order:

1. David Diaz (not well recognized but a tough a opponent and has the 135 belt Manny wants)
3. Ricky Hatton (this will be a great fight at 140. Despite the size difference, Freddie is very confident that Packy can take RH out)
3. Marquez (Should fight Campbell, Guzman, or other named fighters before Pac. But he deserves his third shot at Packy)
5. Casamayor (He maybe too old when he gets his shot, but he still one of the elites at 135)
6. Katsadis (Gatti type fighter. I love this guy's heart and should give Packy a great exciting matchup)
7. Juan Diaz (major disappointment after Campbell. He was exposed---butt naked!)

Opponents that should not be considered since they have not proven a damn thing:
1. Valero (I put him on top simply because people continue to tout this guy who is little more than a club brawler and major ducker--Guzman anyone. This guy is hype! I say prove yourself first)
2. Amir Khan (He gave a shout out to Packy for his chance at Megamanny-hey who wouldn't. But need to fight named fighters first (Marquez, Guzman, even Valero would be nice). No free meal ticket buddy.

I agree with you at some point, CAMPBELL and CASAMAYOR are best options, the only reason why I want PACMAN to fight VALERO is I think that will be an easy fight for the PACMAN and to test Valero's power. Guzman, why not fight Marquez first.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:45 am 
Middleweight

No. Fight Nate so he can finally fight a 'black' fighter. 8)

-D. Bruce KNBR 680

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:58 am 
Heavyweight

rightcross wrote:
No I believe Manny should retire while he is popular and on top of his career.Hes got the money anyway and the reputation he wants. We are chasing the wind my friend.Like greed there is no end to this adventure. Lahat may katapat at katapusan.

too early for that bro. manny is barely 30 years old. and this is the time he is being watch by a lot of boxing fans all around the globe which translates into millions of dollars of ppv revenues. give him 1 to 2 years more and he can already retire.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:05 am 
Heavyweight

atomicflip wrote:

You should put ricky hatton at the bottom of your list! Manny will have a hard time going back to 135Lbs after moving up to 140lbs! That may look easy but it takes a lot of your energy when one moves down in weight. Let Packy adjust himself to 135 first!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:29 am 
Heavyweight

You should put ricky hatton at the bottom of your list! Manny will have a hard time going back to 135Lbs after moving up to 140lbs! That may look easy but it takes a lot of your energy when one moves down in weight. Let Packy adjust himself to 135 first![/quote]

i agree on this one. he should establish himself first as "the man" in the lightwt division. 3 to 4 fights in this division is good for him. a possible fight with hatton should be manny's first and last fight as a jr welterwt. after that fight he can already retire.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm 
Welterweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
You should put ricky hatton at the bottom of your list! Manny will have a hard time going back to 135Lbs after moving up to 140lbs! That may look easy but it takes a lot of your energy when one moves down in weight. Let Packy adjust himself to 135 first!

i agree on this one. he should establish himself first as "the man" in the lightwt division. 3 to 4 fights in this division is good for him. a possible fight with hatton should be manny's first and last fight as a jr welterwt. after that fight he can already retire.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with you. But I'm putting him there because (1) this is the best money fight out of all the possible fights for Manny outside of Delahoya; need to get it while the iron is hot (2) Freddie seems very confident that Manny can KO this guy so I'll believe Freddie on this one (3) after RH, Manny should fight Marquez at a catch weight--let's say 137lbs. Marquez will agree to anything just to fight Manny again. He is in love with Packy :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:03 pm 
Heavyweight

rightcross wrote:

Many will surely disagree. Yet, it may be the wisest decision Manny could make not only in his professional boxing career but in his entire life. Set the example, Manny . . . do what most of your great predecessors failed to do. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i think valero should establish himself first and fight top flight boxers first before fighting manny.. saw some of valero's fights and geeeez manny would easily dispose this guy. Super raw pa ang talent.. needs some polishing.