Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It is better for Manny to avoid another fight with Juan Manuel Marquez.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:41 pm 
Heavyweight

what will be Manny's gain in fighting Valero? Is Valero marketable?

if Manny choose to fight Casamayor and win, he will be "The Man" in 135 by getting the ring belt.

if Manny choose to fight Campbell and win, he will unify the 135 division.

Again, what will be Manny's gain in fighting Valero?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:

if Manny choose to fight Casamayor and win, he will be "The Man" in 135 by getting the ring belt.

Good point bro! :D Maybe Arum believes, Valero could become Manny's driver after their fight! Just kidding! :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:33 pm 
Middleweight

win or lose against DDiaz, I think a fight with Valero is a good match up, becuase Valero has a perfect record and perfect KO but I think beatable if he faces Manny.This fight will draw a lot of viewers, and if we think of the money, I think at this point in Manny's career he'll have high paycheck who ever he fight.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:34 pm 
Heavyweight

namme wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:

Good point bro! :D Maybe Arum believes, Valero could become Manny's driver after their fight! Just kidding! :D

Thanks bro. This has been discuss here many times and I'm one of those who's not in favor of Valero-MP match NOW. Valero is one lucky son of a Bi*** if he get the fight with Pacman given that he haven't prove anything yet to be the chosen one. just my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:37 pm 
Heavyweight

erinkeon wrote:
win or lose against DDiaz, I think a fight with Valero is a good match up, becuase Valero has a perfect record and perfect KO but I think beatable if he faces Manny.This fight will draw a lot of viewers, and if we think of the money, I think at this point in Manny's career he'll have high paycheck who ever he fight.

Valero's perfect record/KO - All BUMS!
Manny is the attraction even without Valero...

Sorry, for me this is not a good match-up as of now.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny should not fight Valero next or even in the foreseaable future. Valero has a "brain injury" which might be aggravated in a confrontation with the Pacman. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

ricoannamostajo wrote:
I mean, if Manny disposes of DDD come June 28, there are still other marketable fights..like with the big-mouths Campbell, Cassamayor or Guzman, or a third fight with JMM. Will a brawl with knock-out sensation Valero be your pick?

Not advisable! He is a tricycle driver, no prestige!!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:54 pm 
Featherweight

CHEAP FIGHT.....

GO FOR THE BIG FISH MANNY!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Valero is not established. He should get a breakthrough fight before Manny. Fight Guzman, JMM, Juan Diaz, etc. If he doesn't win, no right to fight Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny fighting Valero, I believe, is not exactly a bad idea. Why not? Valero might even KO Manny if they meet each other in Macau. Ma-lutong Makaw si Manny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:28 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
erinkeon wrote:

Valero's perfect record/KO - All BUMS!
Manny is the attraction even without Valero...

Sorry, for me this is not a good match-up as of now.

Yes, Valero would be one very lucky boxer when Manny fights him alright! Never have to undergo the mandatory process of fighting...Its not really fair also for other boxers who are much more deserving than Valero to face Manny! Even if Valero is beatable, what would Manny gain from beating Valero? Critics would simply say, "why was Manny fighting an overhyped boxer who did not even go to the mandatory process of fighting?"

I agree with you bro! Not a good match up for now! Valero still has to prove himself by fighting worthy challengers (not bums) to his title and not go straight and fight Manny! He does not deserve it alright!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:33 pm 
Welterweight

buknoii wrote:
i think valero should establish himself first and fight top flight boxers first before fighting manny.. saw some of valero's fights and geeeez manny would easily dispose this guy. Super raw pa ang talent.. needs some polishing.

You're right! To me Valero is just a wandering man who will take on just about anybody to draw attention to himself. He's been drooling over the prospect of fighting the Pacman but I don't think it will be worth the hype. WIth that boxing style of his, I see him losing to the Pacman by KO in the first 60 secs of the first round. He should be careful with what he wishes for.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:16 pm 

I like Manny to fight the TS for posting in the wrong forum!

Moved ===>

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ricoannamostajo wrote:
I mean, if Manny disposes of DDD come June 28, there are still other marketable fights..like with the big-mouths Campbell, Cassamayor or Guzman, or a third fight with JMM. Will a brawl with knock-out sensation Valero be your pick?

I'll prefer Valero... He was calling Manny's name for years now, it's time to shut him up!