Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

Pacquiao vs Valero? Bring it on!!!

Whoever Pac choses to fight next, JUST BRING IT ON and Pac will do the rest. :boxing:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:35 am 
Welterweight

High risk with no reward in a valero fight. I'd rather see pac fight with Grandpa Campbell or Grandpa Casamayor.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:37 am 
Lightweight

rightcross wrote:
No I believe Manny should retire while he is popular and on top of his career.Hes got the money anyway and the reputation he wants. We are chasing the wind my friend.Like greed there is no end to this adventure. Lahat may katapat at katapusan.

Many will surely disagree. Yet, it may be the wisest decision Manny could make not only in his professional boxing career but in his entire life. Set the example, Manny . . . do what most of your great predecessors failed to do.

Absolutely right!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:26 am 
Lightweight

It's not a wise idea Manny fighting Valero next on my opinion. As most of you guys have already said, "high risk and low reward". Manny should go for the money fights and not the fights just to silence somebody or to prove some more of his bravado. Manny has already proven himself.

After David Diaz, I would prefer him fighting:

1. Nate Campbell
2. Ricky Hatton

After Hatton, win or lose, he has the better option. If he wishes to retire then so be it, but at least he's got tons and tons of $$$. If he feels that it's not time yet, then maybe he can fight anybody who's calling him or he can go and fight somebody just to satisfy the cravings of the boxing fans.

With this scenario, all the aces will be on his hand and he can just simply play around.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:30 am 
Heavyweight

Valero.....low reward? i dont think so. The fact that his name always pop out everytime the subject touches on who's fightinh Manny next is a proof that there are a lot of people willing to shell out their hard earned money to see them fight. Valero's KO record has intrigued a lot of us.....is he for real or has been fighting patsies all along, hence the nice record? Manny wasnt exactly a superstar much more a star when he first faced MAB. Is that the "high"risk reason why they dont want him to fight this "Tuk-tuk" driver? Are Manny's handler's afraid Valero's gonna do what Manny has done to MAB? IMO, this has a making of a great fight....great in the sense that Valero will be exposed as a pretender.....great that this will hopefully silence pretenders who keep on challenging Manny. Manny by 3rd rnd KO.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 am 
Heavyweight

ricoannamostajo wrote:
I mean, if Manny disposes of DDD come June 28, there are still other marketable fights..like with the big-mouths Campbell, Cassamayor or Guzman, or a third fight with JMM. Will a brawl with knock-out sensation Valero be your pick?
nah i would really like to see pacman fight either campbell or casamayor next. Campbell cuz he has 3 titles is my 1st choice but pacman vs casamayor is much more attractive fight.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:50 am 
Welterweight

Well if the price is right go for it, anyway Valero is a champion and still undefeated on his boxing career... I'm sure it will add Manny's popularity.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 pm 
Heavyweight

1.) IF BOLERO WANTS TO FIGHT PACMAN... HE MIGHT AS WELL GO TO THE WILD CARD GYM... THAT'S THE ONLY WAY HE CAN FIGHT PACMAN... BE HIS SPARRING PARTNER... :lol:
2.) YOU WANT PACMAN...BOLERO. YOU GO UP TO 135 LBS....
3.) BEAT GUZMAN OR JMM FIRST....
4.) CAN YOU FIGHT IN THE STATE???