Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:03 pm 
Heavyweight

Since Pacquiao doesn't get hit too often, I don't see him getting washed-up soon.
If he keeps in tip-top shape and fights 2-3 fights a year, I think he can reach the age of 40 and still remain as no.1 P4P fighter, maybe all the way to light middleweight. Nobody, not even the younger fighters, can beat him.

If you think I'm talking nonsense, look at JMM and Bernard Hopkins, they're older but are still #2 and #3 P4P respectively.

My only concern at this point is if Roach will always be available to coach him within the 10 year period.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:06 pm 
Heavyweight

10 years? Sobra naman na yata yan, bro. See yah, guys. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:13 pm 
Heavyweight

If he doesn't retire of course. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

That's too much bro! :) Remember he started boxing at the age of 14. He has been boxing for the last 16yrs.

Secondly, Manny's disposition is just too different from the guys you mentioned. If you've been aware of Manny's activities when he does not have a fight coming up, you can always say that Manny believes he has so many things to do outside of boxing. Those stuffs in themselves can catch Manny's attention away from boxing.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Dog years, maybe.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 pm 
Heavyweight

I have no doubt that he'll be the greatest of all time if this happens, way way ahead of whoever is in second place.
Manny is still improving and doesn't show any signs of damage from previous fights. It's scary to think how good he could still be. Hope he doesn't give up boxing for politics.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:40 pm 
Heavyweight

I think this prediction is starting to come true.
There are some recent info that Pacquiao is still going to fight, albeit part-time just like what ODLH did.

If he fights 1 mega-fight each year for ten years and wins every fight, then my prediction will come true. No need to tell your children/grandchildren stories about Pacquiao since they'll actually be able to see a still active and #1 P4P Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:56 pm 
Heavyweight

He should remain fighting until the age of 40, after which he'll be old enough to run as President. In the meantime, Pac should forget running as congressman of Sarangani.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:58 pm 
Heavyweight

The only way to make it realistic is to do a Mayweather. Dodge fighters who pose major threats,let them beat one another. Then retire as "Champion emeritus forever" like Kenny said of Mayweather.

Kidding aside, 2 years is reasonable but 10 years is wishful thinking. I would like Manny to retire with his honor still intact, whether he goes out with a bang or a whimper. Not when he starts embarrasing himself by losing to bums who will not last 6 minutes with him in his prime, and hanging on too long for money at the risk of putting his health in danger.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:00 pm 
Heavyweight

mysql wrote:
Since Pacquiao doesn't get hit too often, I don't see him getting washed-up soon.
If he keeps in tip-top shape and fights 2-3 fights a year, I think he can reach the age of 40 and still remain as no.1 P4P fighter, maybe all the way to light middleweight. Nobody, not even the younger fighters, can beat him.

If you think I'm talking nonsense, look at JMM and Bernard Hopkins, they're older but are still #2 and #3 P4P respectively.

My only concern at this point is if Roach will always be available to coach him within the 10 year period.
Pac has been hit by Jmm in a single round more than the fighters Pac fought combined.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:

Pac has been hit by Jmm in a single round more than the fighters Pac fought combined.

and you forgot JMM knockdown by PACMAN more than the fighters Juanita fought combined. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry Merchant
May 24, 2011

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:03 pm 
Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:

IOW, Pac should avoid JMM the next ten years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:

I think its "pinched"..................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:33 pm 
Heavyweight

:lol:

Can't wait to dig this thread on 2019.

Hope we're all still alive by then.

:mrgreen: :pistol: :peace: :throwup: :bounce1: :finger: :biglaugh: :carnival: :birthday: :chainsaw:

KOWatcher wrote:
ASONG KALYE wrote:
mysql wrote:

I think its "pinched"..................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:36 pm 
Heavyweight

This is sensible bro. By age of 40, he can already run for president.

Ed Sa wrote:
He should remain fighting until the age of 40, after which he'll be old enough to run as President. In the meantime, Pac should forget running as congressman of Sarangani.