Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:02 pm 
Middleweight

Hey TS, are you somewhat over-dose with Xanax or your mind is in "Lala Land". Non sense thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14 pm 
Middleweight

mysql wrote:
Since Pacquiao doesn't get hit too often, I don't see him getting washed-up soon.
If he keeps in tip-top shape and fights 2-3 fights a year, I think he can reach the age of 40 and still remain as no.1 P4P fighter, maybe all the way to light middleweight. Nobody, not even the younger fighters, can beat him.

If you think I'm talking nonsense, look at JMM and Bernard Hopkins, they're older but are still #2 and #3 P4P respectively.

My only concern at this point is if Roach will always be available to coach him within the 10 year period.

that's full of crap, there is always someone out there better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Look at JMM and Hopkins. 44 and 35 respectively, but still #2 and #3 at the P4P list.

quimat wrote:
mysql wrote:
Since Pacquiao doesn't get hit too often, I don't see him getting washed-up soon.
If he keeps in tip-top shape and fights 2-3 fights a year, I think he can reach the age of 40 and still remain as no.1 P4P fighter, maybe all the way to light middleweight. Nobody, not even the younger fighters, can beat him.

If you think I'm talking nonsense, look at JMM and Bernard Hopkins, they're older but are still #2 and #3 P4P respectively.

My only concern at this point is if Roach will always be available to coach him within the 10 year period.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:20 pm 
Heavyweight

What nonsense? I supported my thread in my first post. This is a serious thread.

:snoring:

Dr. LOVE wrote:
Hey TS, are you somewhat over-dose with Xanax or your mind is in "Lala Land". Non sense thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:25 pm 
Heavyweight

10 years ONLY??? Why not make it 50 years?

Another Pachugger-gone-crazy thread. :biglaugh:

Last edited by Wong on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mysql wrote:

can't agree more.. Federer stack-up titles by avoiding chasing balls that are physically harmful like the now injury prone Nadal. If Manny won't be fooled on artificially chasing weights that his body can't take which is more harmful than his opponents punches but instead keep his patient to let his body naturally evolve as years go, he can be there for a long ride if he wishes.. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 pm 
Middleweight

mysql wrote:
Look at JMM and Hopkins. 44 and 35 respectively, but still #2 and #3 at the P4P list.

quimat wrote:
mysql wrote:

bhop ranking is rubbish, p4p rating should be fiven to figther who is busy at the same time fighting quality opposition, meaning they should fight being perceived as the underdog in that particular bout, although jmm victory is impressive his rivals are considered underdogs compared to him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

tingin ko...

you need rest... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 pm 
Heavyweight

That's right bro. :D

Zone7one wrote:
mysql wrote:

can't agree more.. Federer stack-up titles by avoiding chasing balls that are physically harmful like the now injury prone Nadal. If Manny won't be fooled on artificially chasing weights that his body can't take which is more harmful than his opponents punches but instead keep his patient to let his body naturally evolve as years go, he can be there for a long ride if he wishes.. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mysql wrote:

If that's the case, orderbayag22 will make a dehydration thread in the next 10 years. :biglaugh: :lol: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Then who do you think should be P4P #2 and #3? :shock:
My point here is that even at their age, they still managed to be recognized as P4P best fighters. So it's also not impossible for Pacquiao.

Pacquiao wasn't always perceived as the underdog in his fights (re. Diaz, Hatton, and other previous fights).

Quote:
bhop ranking is rubbish, p4p rating should be fiven to figther who is busy at the same time fighting quality opposition, meaning they should fight being perceived as the underdog in that particular bout, although jmm victory is impressive his rivals are considered underdogs compared to him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Heavyweight

As one of the poster's here said, Pacquiao should let his weight develop normally.
As he grows older, it's likely that his weight will also go higher. So there might be a chance that he'll be fighting in light middleweight or middleweight soon.

There's still the issue of catchweight (@155lbs I think), but that would be understandable since he'll be in middleweight territory already.

pinoy_sh00ter wrote:
mysql wrote:

If that's the case, orderbayag22 will make a dehydration thread in the next 10 years. :biglaugh: :lol: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:58 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny can just fight part-time. Even 1 fight a year is enough. :D

namme wrote:
That's too much bro! :) Remember he started boxing at the age of 14. He has been boxing for the last 16yrs.

Secondly, Manny's disposition is just too different from the guys you mentioned. If you've been aware of Manny's activities when he does not have a fight coming up, you can always say that Manny believes he has so many things to do outside of boxing. Those stuffs in themselves can catch Manny's attention away from boxing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:01 pm 
Heavyweight

1 fight a year, but if he suffers a defeat (hopefully just by SD), then retire immediately to avoid tarnishing his legacy.

helven wrote:
The only way to make it realistic is to do a Mayweather. Dodge fighters who pose major threats,let them beat one another. Then retire as "Champion emeritus forever" like Kenny said of Mayweather.

Kidding aside, 2 years is reasonable but 10 years is wishful thinking. I would like Manny to retire with his honor still intact, whether he goes out with a bang or a whimper. Not when he starts embarrasing himself by losing to bums who will not last 6 minutes with him in his prime, and hanging on too long for money at the risk of putting his health in danger.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:03 pm 
Heavyweight

10 years only. Because when Pacquiao reaches 40, he'll run for president.

Wong wrote:
10 years ONLY??? Why not make it 50 years?

Another Pachugger-gone-crazy thread. :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next