Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:39 am 
Cruiserweight

Freddie Roach, the American born Irish who is the BWAA 4 times trainer of the year, had committed lots of foolish mistakes as the head trainer of PACMAN.

The Blunders of Freddie Roach,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1.Month of August 2003, Freedie first choice for PAC opponent after he won the fight against Lucero was the rugged Mexican Boxer Ayala, bc he was afraid to match PAC to BARRERA and he insisted that PAC needed a tune up fight in the feather division. The late Mr. Nazario was the manager then of Pacman and he didn't heed the advised of Freddie so BARRERA and PAC fought, that fight was the JUMPSTART of PAC boxing carreer

2.Year 2004 to2007, Mr.Roach refused to let PACMAN fighr the Feather Champ In Jin Chi and Valero Superfeather champ for the Featherweight and Superfeather belts, these 2 fights according to BObArum would be BLOCKBUSTER bc it will be held in MACAO, the GAMBLING MECCA in ASIA and
gamblers Money will be pouring in Macao, PAC can easily win the 2 Crowns with a big Rewards and perhaps he will not experience the humiliation that he received from JUANITA, who went to the Phil.to let him sign the Return Bout Contractt and in Local TV station telling everyone that he won the fight.

3.April 2008, The Manager of Juan Diaz was challenging PAC to meet his Undefeated, Volume puncher, and Relentless WBA,IBF,and WBO Lightweight Champion the BABY BULL, but Freddie Declined ( PAC can easily knockout the BaBy Bull) and he chose David Diaz. If Team Pacquiao didn't refuse the challenged of Juan Diaz, Juanita will not go up in the 135 lbs weight bc PAC is the lightweight Champ and PAC won't fight him then of course he will not be Lightweight Champion so Floyd JR. will not fight Juanita bc he is only a SuperFeather champion and he can't BRAGs for what he is Bragging now he is better fighter than PAC bc he gave Juanita a boxing Lesson then the result less money for FloydJR.

4.December 2009, a month after PAC captured the WBO WELTER, manager of Yuri Foreman challenged Team Pacquiao for a PAC vs.Foreman in LasVegas and also Shane Mosley keep on Barking to Team Pacquiao for a Blockbuster fight, but Mr.Roach declined and went to Clottey. IF PAC fought Foreman he is now the WBA LightMiddleWeight Champ and he can defend his Lightmiddle Title to MARGA ( Mexican Money) or if he fought Shane Mosley, Floyd can't brags that he got a fight (Floyd/Mosley is the 2nd Highest Non-heavyweight fight ) that is a big Pay per View sales and 1.4 million TV revenues, and PacMan will be ahead to Floyd in Forbes Listing of Boxers earnings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:44 am 
Heavyweight

ok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
I dont believe that Roach has the final say on Pac's oppoents. As always he is asked about his opinion and he's not shy to spill it.

But Roach should not be blamed when it comes to Pacquiao's choice of opponent. I believe Pac and Arum are the ones who decide on this matter.

If it was Roach, I believe Pac would be facing more GBP fighters instead of TR.

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

Freddie Roach is not the one who's making the decision on the match-making, its the promoter and manager.
I dont remember Roach disagreed with the Pac-Barrera match.

Last edited by miman on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 pm 
Heavyweight

visayanboy wrote:
Freddie Roach, the American born Irish who is the BWAA 4 times trainer of the year, had committed lots of foolish mistakes as the head trainer of PACMAN.

The Blunders of Freddie Roach,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1.Month of August 2003, Freedie first choice for PAC opponent after he won the fight against Lucero was the rugged Mexican Boxer Ayala, bc he was afraid to match PAC to BARRERA and he insisted that PAC needed a tune up fight in the feather division. The late Mr. Nazario was the manager then of Pacman and he didn't heed the advised of Freddie so BARRERA and PAC fought, that fight was the JUMPSTART of PAC boxing carreer

2.Year 2004 to2007, Mr.Roach refused to let PACMAN fighr the Feather Champ In Jin Chi and Valero Superfeather champ for the Featherweight and Superfeather belts, these 2 fights according to BObArum would be BLOCKBUSTER bc it will be held in MACAO, the GAMBLING MECCA in ASIA and
gamblers Money will be pouring in Macao, PAC can easily win the 2 Crowns with a big Rewards and perhaps he will not experience the humiliation that he received from JUANITA, who went to the Phil.to let him sign the Return Bout Contractt and in Local TV station telling everyone that he won the fight.

3.April 2008, The Manager of Juan Diaz was challenging PAC to meet his Undefeated, Volume puncher, and Relentless WBA,IBF,and WBO Lightweight Champion the BABY BULL, but Freddie Declined ( PAC can easily knockout the BaBy Bull) and he chose David Diaz. If Team Pacquiao didn't refuse the challenged of Juan Diaz, Juanita will not go up in the 135 lbs weight bc PAC is the lightweight Champ and PAC won't fight him then of course he will not be Lightweight Champion so Floyd JR. will not fight Juanita bc he is only a SuperFeather champion and he can't BRAGs for what he is Bragging now he is better fighter than PAC bc he gave Juanita a boxing Lesson then the result less money for FloydJR.

4.December 2009, a month after PAC captured the WBO WELTER, manager of Yuri Foreman challenged Team Pacquiao for a PAC vs.Foreman in LasVegas and also Shane Mosley keep on Barking to Team Pacquiao for a Blockbuster fight, but Mr.Roach declined and went to Clottey. IF PAC fought Foreman he is now the WBA LightMiddleWeight Champ and he can defend his Lightmiddle Title to MARGA ( Mexican Money) or if he fought Shane Mosley, Floyd can't brags that he got a fight (Floyd/Mosley is the 2nd Highest Non-heavyweight fight ) that is a big Pay per View sales and 1.4 million TV revenues, and PacMan will be ahead to Floyd in Forbes Listing of Boxers earnings.

Are all these your personal observations or taken from you 160 back issues of Ring Magazine?
If yes, please acknowledge your source or link.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm 
Heavyweight

The only blunder of Freddie Roach I recognize here is the Pacquiao-Barrera I fight. It's not even a blunder considering the partnership has only started. He preferred Ayala before Barrera but gave way to Nazario when Pac himself said he wanted Barrera already.

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:21 pm 
Heavyweight

the dissemination of boxing knowledges continues :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:25 pm 
Heavyweight

No blunders whatsoever. PacMan is where he is supposed to be. TS should move on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 pm 
Heavyweight

What a thread.

5.) Roach didn't try his best to convince Pac to fight Bradley or Berto , to prove that he's not
scared to face a genuine black boxer. Instead, the two agreed with the caprice of Arum to
have Margarito as Pac's next opponent with the old man reasoning that it will attract more
gate attendance and PPV sales.Margarito, a proven cheater, must not given any chance to
fight Pac or be re-given his boxing license as claimed by many boxing fans.Roach, a father
like to Manny should have induced the latter to reject Margarito but the lure of big money
prevented the great trainer in doing so.Is Roach losing his principle due to greediness?
The TS is good in analyzing every topic in boxing albeit he can't please some Paclanders and
surely two big posters will come in any moment to challenge this thread of the great vb.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

One cannot fault Coach Roach because he is just protecting his fighter. He knows back then that Manny is still unpolished and has a lot to learn. What he didn't put into the equation is Manny's heart and warrior mentality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

reigncourts wrote:
The only blunder of Freddie Roach I recognize here is the Pacquiao-Barrera I fight. It's not even a blunder considering the partnership has only started. He preferred Ayala before Barrera but gave way to Nazario when Pac himself said he wanted Barrera already.

Mr.ReignCourts, for that 1 right answer I gave you a reward, I included you the MARIANG PALAD GROUPS, pls try to locate your groups assigment..God Bless

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:45 pm 
Heavyweight

visayanboy wrote:
reigncourts wrote:

Mr.ReignCourts, for that 1 right answer I gave you a reward, I included you the MARIANG PALAD GROUPS, pls try to locate your groups assigment..God Bless

is that answer also from your ring magazine collections?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:45 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
Are all these your personal observations or taken from you 160 back issues of Ring Magazine?
If yes, please acknowledge your source or link.

Literature Cited:

Bantigue (2010). "I Will Not be Caught Sleeping Again When God Grants Wisdom To People." Damaguete Journal of Human Kinetics. Silahis Press, pp 105-112.

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm 
Middleweight

this has got to be one of the most brillant observations a pacnut has ever made. stuff that made pacnuthuggers legendary

i wonder had freddie roach not made these blunders, i assumed u might have made him BWAA Trainer of the Year every year until the year manny retires from boxing?

only a boxing sage can come up with these intelligent points.

RIP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

visayanboy wrote:
reigncourts wrote:

visayanboy, can you also make "the blunders of juanita". he has a nice story like: instead of fighting pacman for the second time he opted to fight chris john and lose. :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next