Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:08 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Experia wrote:

bonifacio is a bum.. even if they will rescue rizal.. they would still fail.. as i say..he never won a single battle.. they had no chance against the spaniards...

so there is a chance... even they will fail.. it is still a chance...

if bonifacio is a bum, how come he founded katipunan... ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Experia wrote:

yes, he had no chance.. because he died..

just like andres bonifacio..he had no chance against th spaniards...haha never won a single battle... what a bum..

Bonifacio might never won a single battle... but he did trying eventhough the chance is nil...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:43 pm 
Middleweight

bugoyparin wrote:
Experia wrote:

bonifacio is a bum.. even if they will rescue rizal.. they would still fail.. as i say..he never won a single battle.. they had no chance against the spaniards...

yes, he founded the katipunan...then that's all.. the only highlight in his resume is the tearing of cedulas...

HE NEVER WON A SINGLE F***ING BATTLE.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I totally disagree with the TS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Experia wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:
Experia wrote:

yes, he founded the katipunan...then that's all.. the only highlight in his resume is the tearing of cedulas...

then he is not a bum... he able to do something...

if he was not murdered by fellow filipino, he might still trying to win a single battle.... a single fuc***g battle...!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:51 pm 
Cruiserweight

Rizal actually retracted from all his writings. Be it by brute force or what, Rizal – our National Hero retracted.
See below. vvvvvv

Texts of Rizal's Retraction
The "original" discovered by Fr. Manuel Garcia, C.M. on May 18, 1935

Me declaro catolica y en esta Religion en que naci y me eduque quiero vivir y morir.
Me retracto de todo corazon de cuanto en mis palabras, escritos, inpresos y conducta ha habido contrario a mi cualidad de hijo de la Iglesia Catolica. Creo y profeso cuanto ella enseña y me somento a cuanto ella manda. Abomino de la Masonaria, como enigma que es de la Iglesia, y como Sociedad prohibida por la Iglesia. Puede el Prelado Diocesano, como Autoridad Superior Eclesiastica hacer publica esta manifastacion espontanea mia para reparar el escandalo que mis actos hayan podido causar y para que Dios y los hombers me perdonen.
Manila 29 de Deciembre de 1896
Jose Rizal

Jefe del Piquete
Juan del Fresno

Ayudante de Plaza
Eloy Moure

Translation (English)

I declare myself a catholic and in this Religion in which I was born and educated I wish to live and die.
I retract with all my heart whatever in my words, writings, publications and conduct has been contrary to my character as son of the Catholic Church. I believe and I confess whatever she teaches and I submit to whatever she demands. I abominate Masonry, as the enemy which is of the Church, and as a Society prohibited by the Church. The Diocesan Prelate may, as the Superior Ecclesiastical Authority, make public this spontaneous manifestation of mine in order to repair the scandal which my acts may have caused and so that God and people may pardon me.
Manila 29 of December of 1896
Jose Rizal

See it here:
http://www.joserizal.ph/rt02.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm 
Featherweight

el critico wrote:
pacquiao should replace Jesus Christ :biglaugh:

your comment seems like you sip a pee of marquez huh.. you even enjoying it truly.. :biglaugh:

Last edited by danpaul on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
pacquiao should replace Jesus Christ :biglaugh:

God bless you!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm 
Middleweight

Experia wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:
Experia wrote:

but he's still a hero..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:01 pm 
Middleweight

bugoyparin wrote:

if he was not murdered by fellow filipino, he might still trying to win a single battle.... a single fuc***g battle...!!!!

nah,he's a bum supremo...
the records tells everything... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:17 pm 
Middleweight

Experia wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:

may galit ka siguro kay bonifacio! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm 
Featherweight

What the heck? This is simply outrageous! I don't and can't even force myself into writing details as if I do, it means I am entertaining even just a hint that such comparison is possible.

With my utmost respect, pls. don't turn Manny into something like a God/National Hero/Defender of truth and justice/etc... He has yet to show his skills on other areas other than boxing.

This can turn to be an insult to thousands/possibly millions of Filipinos excelling and doing something great in their own way... 'just not doin' it in sports such as boxing. But their impact can be greater than Manny's.

Example, our support and fight for the cause for Manny to be treated fairly. A lot of us "trusts" Manny into his current pedestal. BUT we know the cause is for the Filipinos in general, it is not for Manny. Manny is an instance, an example of why Filipinos unite. It is then not Manny who is great, it is the Filipinos' capacity to unite, given a situation.

So where is Manny in the picture? His skills in boxing, AND us Filipinos supporting him, fighting for fairness and equality.

I hope this clarifies a lot of people's confusion... it is us who matters and why it matters, not an individual. Manny is a great example.
I am a great fan of Manny, but same as Nonito and Mayweather (well what can I say, he's great boxer too and we're talking about boxing). For equality of course, I despise those actions by example, written that Mayweathers/others who portray PacMan on the negative, negating his accomplishments. BUT I do stay within the actions done and don't attack the person/people. This allows us/everyone to heal and to be given chance to recover and succeed even after failures.

Anyway, idolatry is a sin according to catholic beliefs. I hope we don't idolize or Godify PacMan.

Sincerely...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 pm 
Cruiserweight

nije08 wrote:
Experia wrote:
bugoyparin wrote:

may galit ka siguro kay bonifacio! :D

His surname is Aguinaldo. Do you have a problem with that? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 pm 
Heavyweight

A hero can be one of those who worked hard for their family (especially OFW's) and doing the right thing for the community. Even in a simple way... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 pm 
Middleweight

PacCute wrote:
Rizal actually retracted from all his writings. Be it by brute force or what, Rizal – our National Hero retracted.
See below. vvvvvv

Texts of Rizal's Retraction
The "original" discovered by Fr. Manuel Garcia, C.M. on May 18, 1935

Me declaro catolica y en esta Religion en que naci y me eduque quiero vivir y morir.
Me retracto de todo corazon de cuanto en mis palabras, escritos, inpresos y conducta ha habido contrario a mi cualidad de hijo de la Iglesia Catolica. Creo y profeso cuanto ella enseña y me somento a cuanto ella manda. Abomino de la Masonaria, como enigma que es de la Iglesia, y como Sociedad prohibida por la Iglesia. Puede el Prelado Diocesano, como Autoridad Superior Eclesiastica hacer publica esta manifastacion espontanea mia para reparar el escandalo que mis actos hayan podido causar y para que Dios y los hombers me perdonen.
Manila 29 de Deciembre de 1896
Jose Rizal

Jefe del Piquete
Juan del Fresno

Ayudante de Plaza
Eloy Moure

Translation (English)

I declare myself a catholic and in this Religion in which I was born and educated I wish to live and die.
I retract with all my heart whatever in my words, writings, publications and conduct has been contrary to my character as son of the Catholic Church. I believe and I confess whatever she teaches and I submit to whatever she demands. I abominate Masonry, as the enemy which is of the Church, and as a Society prohibited by the Church. The Diocesan Prelate may, as the Superior Ecclesiastical Authority, make public this spontaneous manifestation of mine in order to repair the scandal which my acts may have caused and so that God and people may pardon me.
Manila 29 of December of 1896
Jose Rizal

See it here:
http://www.joserizal.ph/rt02.html

The so-called retraction was forged by a certain Roman Roque.

Here is the link:
http://www.manilatimes.net/sunday-times ... ery-cases/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next