Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:30 pm 
Heavyweight

PacCute wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
since you started this thing about comparing rizal and pacquiao...let me ask you a favor mr. david paulart. can you possibly ask manny pacquiao if he's willing to be shot by a firing squad anytime..any place...anywhere..for the sake of the filipino people..?? :lol:

I never knew that Rizal was willing to be shot by firing squad anytime, anywhere for the sake of Pinoys. Did he volunteered?
The last time I read, death penalty was imposed on him.

I guess the only person here who's willing to die for someone is Subersive. Guess for whom. :lol:

maybe you can read my post again...nowhere in my post did i ever wrote rizal was willing to die by firing squad.. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

Brightest_Star wrote:
PacCute wrote:
Rizal actually retracted from all his writings. Be it by brute force or what, Rizal – our National Hero retracted.
See below. vvvvvv

Texts of Rizal's Retraction
The "original" discovered by Fr. Manuel Garcia, C.M. on May 18, 1935

Me declaro catolica y en esta Religion en que naci y me eduque quiero vivir y morir.
Me retracto de todo corazon de cuanto en mis palabras, escritos, inpresos y conducta ha habido contrario a mi cualidad de hijo de la Iglesia Catolica. Creo y profeso cuanto ella enseña y me somento a cuanto ella manda. Abomino de la Masonaria, como enigma que es de la Iglesia, y como Sociedad prohibida por la Iglesia. Puede el Prelado Diocesano, como Autoridad Superior Eclesiastica hacer publica esta manifastacion espontanea mia para reparar el escandalo que mis actos hayan podido causar y para que Dios y los hombers me perdonen.
Manila 29 de Deciembre de 1896
Jose Rizal

Jefe del Piquete
Juan del Fresno

Ayudante de Plaza
Eloy Moure

Translation (English)

I declare myself a catholic and in this Religion in which I was born and educated I wish to live and die.
I retract with all my heart whatever in my words, writings, publications and conduct has been contrary to my character as son of the Catholic Church. I believe and I confess whatever she teaches and I submit to whatever she demands. I abominate Masonry, as the enemy which is of the Church, and as a Society prohibited by the Church. The Diocesan Prelate may, as the Superior Ecclesiastical Authority, make public this spontaneous manifestation of mine in order to repair the scandal which my acts may have caused and so that God and people may pardon me.
Manila 29 of December of 1896
Jose Rizal

See it here:
http://www.joserizal.ph/rt02.html

The so-called retraction was forged by a certain Roman Roque.

Here is the link:
http://www.manilatimes.net/sunday-times ... ery-cases/

According to the article, the retraction as well as the forgery is still under study. No one knows the truth behind this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:36 pm 
Light Heavyweight

GUSTO MO YATANG - I - FIRING SQUAD SI MANNY TS.... Sobrang Sipsip mo naman. Let Manny be Manny. Jose Rizal was unsurpassable. Though he came from a rich family, he was destined to be a hero. He can be a rich doctor in Hongkong or in Japan, but he rather choice to be in his homeland and that was bravery on his part. Manny is not a brave man because he fight a big man. It was his profession and he was paid to do it. So stop comparing Manny to Rizal. Ok. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Ramrod wrote:
PacCute wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
since you started this thing about comparing rizal and pacquiao...let me ask you a favor mr. david paulart. can you possibly ask manny pacquiao if he's willing to be shot by a firing squad anytime..any place...anywhere..for the sake of the filipino people..?? :lol:

I never knew that Rizal was willing to be shot by firing squad anytime, anywhere for the sake of Pinoys. Did he volunteered?

I guess the only person here who's willing to die for someone is Subersive. Guess for whom. :lol:

maybe you can read my post again...nowhere in my post did i ever wrote rizal was willing to die by firing squad.. :shock:

If you didn't assumed, why ask Manny if he is "WILLING"? Who are you comparing him with? Isn't it Rizal – the part of the topic? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PacCute wrote:
JCOOL2329 wrote:
PacCute wrote:

Yea I remembered as a kid when we studied his life and times that he was put into trial and then to be executed.....right ? but nonetheless he died for our country.

But Manny fights for the country, he could have died fighting too. :lol:

C'mon, lets be realistic. Manny fights for money first, next in line is his family.. then for his country. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

kuya_john wrote:
PacCute wrote:
JCOOL2329 wrote:
Yea I remembered as a kid when we studied his life and times that he was put into trial and then to be executed.....right ? but nonetheless he died for our country.

But Manny fights for the country, he could have died fighting too. :lol:

C'mon, lets be realistic. Manny fights for money first, next in line is his family.. then for his country. :)

I never said Manny fights for the country only. :lol:
I'm just merely quoting the earlier post that Rizal died for the country.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:56 pm 
Middleweight

PacCute wrote:
Brightest_Star wrote:
PacCute wrote:
Rizal actually retracted from all his writings. Be it by brute force or what, Rizal – our National Hero retracted.
See below. vvvvvv

Texts of Rizal's Retraction
The "original" discovered by Fr. Manuel Garcia, C.M. on May 18, 1935

Me declaro catolica y en esta Religion en que naci y me eduque quiero vivir y morir.
Me retracto de todo corazon de cuanto en mis palabras, escritos, inpresos y conducta ha habido contrario a mi cualidad de hijo de la Iglesia Catolica. Creo y profeso cuanto ella enseña y me somento a cuanto ella manda. Abomino de la Masonaria, como enigma que es de la Iglesia, y como Sociedad prohibida por la Iglesia. Puede el Prelado Diocesano, como Autoridad Superior Eclesiastica hacer publica esta manifastacion espontanea mia para reparar el escandalo que mis actos hayan podido causar y para que Dios y los hombers me perdonen.
Manila 29 de Deciembre de 1896
Jose Rizal

Jefe del Piquete
Juan del Fresno

Ayudante de Plaza
Eloy Moure

Translation (English)

I declare myself a catholic and in this Religion in which I was born and educated I wish to live and die.
I retract with all my heart whatever in my words, writings, publications and conduct has been contrary to my character as son of the Catholic Church. I believe and I confess whatever she teaches and I submit to whatever she demands. I abominate Masonry, as the enemy which is of the Church, and as a Society prohibited by the Church. The Diocesan Prelate may, as the Superior Ecclesiastical Authority, make public this spontaneous manifestation of mine in order to repair the scandal which my acts may have caused and so that God and people may pardon me.
Manila 29 of December of 1896
Jose Rizal

See it here:
http://www.joserizal.ph/rt02.html

The so-called retraction was forged by a certain Roman Roque.

Here is the link:
http://www.manilatimes.net/sunday-times ... ery-cases/

According to the article, the retraction as well as the forgery is still under study. No one knows the truth behind this.

Yes, but I believe in Rizal's conviction. I believe he did not retract and believe what he said when somebody was trying to convince him to retract his writings - “What my right hand did, my left will not deny.”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:10 pm 
Cruiserweight

Bonifacio might had a better chance of succeeding in battle if the Katipunan wasn't exposed till they're well armed and well trained as per advice of our national hero Rizal himself to seek first and foremost...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 pm 
Welterweight

I THINK DAVID PAULART IS A PAID PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER OF MANNY PACQUIAO SO THAT HE WILL REMAIN RELEVANT. I CAPITALIZED ALL MY LETTER BECAUSE I AM INSULTED BY THIS THREAD BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY THAT MANNY PACQUIAO SHOULD BE COMPARED AND ELEVATED TO THE LEVEL OF DR. JOSE RIZAL. IT IS SAD BECAUSE THERE ARE THOSE WHO ARE STARTING A CULT FOLLOWER OF MANNY NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES. MANNY IS JUST A FREAK OF INCIDENT. BECAUSE OF HIS BOXING SKILL, PACTARDS ELEVATED HIM TO A DEMI-GOD. HE IS JUST HUMAN AND PRONE TO MAKE MISTAKES. LET US JUST ADMIRE HIM AS A GREAT BOXER.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

redhorse wrote:
TheSubversive wrote:
Rizal was a highly educated linguist, physician, author, artist, etc, etc just to name a few. Pacquiao has not earned a college degree (even though he now has the means to do so)

Rizal fought against the abuses of the Catholic church and their corruption. Pacquiao SUPPORTS the Catholic church on their EVERY stance.

IMO there is no comparison. Pacquiao is an athlete that should be admired for his accomplishments on his ONE field. Rizal was a renaissance man who is the greatest individual our race, the Malays have every produced. His work has laid the foundation for pinoys to gain self-empowerment and self-governance.

Also there are many points you made there that are quite erroneous and ridiculous. Rizal not brave? Why should one measure bravery only by fighting. He was brave in opposing tyranny and fighting for the civil liberties of his people. the other points are just laughable and not worth debating.

Pacquiao is also not "pure pinoy" because there is no such thing. Malays came from the chinese Mainland long ago. Pacquiao is a CHINESE name....notice the "QUIAO" at the end, which is blatantly Chinese.

Comparing Pacquiao to Rizal is a thousand miles a far. How about comparing Nonits and Rizal? :lol: :lol: :lol:

the ts will then post another topic manny compare to GOD. what a fanatical. Only dillusional fans of pacyaw called pactards will make this such an argument. Stupidity.

time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

TS, how much does they pay you.
you are moronic and insulting the Filipinos.
the Filipinos are not that stupid as what you think.
your cheap talk and dark sarcasm reflects your personality.
get a decent job, if you are paid at least do decent endeavour.
dont ruin the Filipino's integrity and modesty.
dont underestimate the Filipinos.

anyway, by the gayish picture of poochiao you post,
i think you are just ridiculing the hypocrisy.

Rev. 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm 
Heavyweight

pacquiao is GOD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 pm 
Welterweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
pacquiao is GOD

:( :( :( :(
isa ka pa.
balita ko abogago ka. GET A LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm 
Heavyweight

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm 
Heavyweight

Dentista wrote:
Romy Nabas wrote:
pacquiao is GOD

:( :( :( :(
isa ka pa.
balita ko abogago ka. GET A LIFE

so what if pacquiao is god?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next