Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 pm 
Middleweight

After a lot of fuss about the recent defeat, there is a public waning about the next fight. The only thing that is meaningful in the ring right now is Pac vs. Mayweather. Of course, everyone should expect it would be a total snore fest.

However, a lot of people are now in the verge of waning their interest towards Pacquiao. Even in this website. Nonito Donaire is more popular than Manny Pacquiao. As a matter of fact, many would wanted to see if that Arce vs. Donaire than another boring slugfest courtesy of Pac and JMM.

Then, we heard things like Manny promising a knockout. Well, this could be dangerous. Manny might just be going for headhunting. And if this will happen, he will surely lose the second time around.

It seemed that it is true. Manny has lost his magic. His gimmickry will not work anymore. It is time to hang up gloves. And just retire as people will still be fantasizing that match against Floyd. The thing is that if Manny will retire, Floyd will forever be considered the greatest coward. That would be more interesting as compared to pursuing that third fight against JMM.

And by the way, this is just another money-making scheme so that Manny will have lots of funds in the coming election. This time, I hope you will be thinking twice of buying that pay-per-view. I would predict that the coming pay per view will not even reach 500k buys.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

i dont knw but this is the first time that pac is hyping his fight, but lets give pac a benefit of a doubt, if he does what he say so by knocking out grandpa jmm, this time for good, to shut his critics up, it would prove us all wrong that he is still the best pound for pound fighter today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

i dont knw but this is the first time that pac is hyping his fight, but lets give pac a benefit of a doubt, if he does what he say so by knocking out grandpa jmm, this time for good, to shut his critics up, it would prove us all wrong that he is still the best pound for pound fighter today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 pm 
Middleweight

Si Pacquiao nga hindi interested sa laban na to ... wala pa balak u,alis para mag-train at mg-promote ng laban, yung mga fans pa kaya ... malamang late na naman pagpasok sa ring yan dahil nanonood ng tv or may session ang mga born against

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:31 am 
Lightweight

As much as I wanted him to win but his actions and distractions dictates that he's bound to lose.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:37 am 
Cruiserweight

trust pac, manny knows winning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 am 
Lightweight

yup too much distraction like the Bradley fight, making the fight fans, judges, bradley wait for almost an hour because of watching his favorite Celtics/Heat Basketball Game......

For his show Manny Many Prizes to Manny Many Distractions........JOKEEEEEEEE!!!!

But anyway it's Pac decision on how he prepares for a fight.
Just like what he said, "Don't be nervous because I am the one who will fight in the ring!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:05 am 
Cruiserweight

Pacquiao not training early at the Wild Card Gym is already generating a lot of hype.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

Before, the complain was, Manny is always absent with his duties in congress. He's not really a serious politician.

Now, the complain is, Manny is always late on his training. He's not really serious boxer.

Manny if you can see this, just ignore them critics/haters. No matter what you do in life there will always be critics/haters. Everyone is a hater/critic, even me, I'm a hater/critic too. Everyone has a hater/critic, even Jesus has some. But you know what, they don't define who you are. So keep doing what you think is right. If you think politics is more important than training for Marquez, so be it. On one side of the coin, you have become lazy in training, but on the other side, you are now a serious politician. So do what you have to do. So what if Marquez has to comply with moving the fight date? He has done that before with Mayweather. You have a better reason than a "broken rib" excuse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

bob_80 wrote:
As much as I wanted him to win but his actions and distractions dictates that he's bound to lose.

So this is probably the best time to Bet on Marquez?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 am 
Light Heavyweight

i feel this website is not as flaming hot as before.
previously during a pacquiao fight you can barely
keep up with the news and discussion about
pacquiao.

pacquiao is so in a hurry into politics, acting, singing
and many more that people realized why would they
heck care too about boxing?

people see that boxing is just a paycheck for pacquiao
and none of that for the philippines BS. i think even
with mayweather, that magic is now lost.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:51 pm 
Welterweight

pac vs jmm is still a good fight compare to other promotions of Golden Boy and Top Rank, this will sell for sure...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Many people will still watch this fight. Pacquiao-Marquez is always a best-seller. That's why we now have Pacquiao-Marquez 5.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 am 
Middleweight

Even the pay per views are now on the bargain. I heard Skycable is offering 500.00 for the pay per view.

Bisitaa ang akong mga sugilanon sa www.mga-sugilanon.blogspot.com