Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am 
Lightweight

I have no problem with Pacquiao becoming a born again Christian but I can't understand why he can't admit it. Manny continues to say that he is a Catholic but during an interview with Lem Satterfield of Ring magazine, he says "Thanksgiving is a wonderful American holiday for families to get together and celebrate God's blessings. I chose Westside Shepherd of the Hills to do this because a house of God, where I attend services, seemed an appropriate place to share my blessings," said Pacquiao. This is a Protestant and not a Catholic Church.
"http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/175927-pacquiao-eyes-lucky-seventh-appearance-on-kimmel

I suspect that it's because of his political ambitions. He wants to get the Catholic vote in the next election. That is why he is keeping his new Born again Christian faith under wraps. I smell duplicity and dishonesty here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:36 am 
Heavyweight

OK..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

It indeed is a "house of God" as much as any Catholic houses of God. It so happened that that is the particular "house of God" that Pacquiao attends to, more so, i believe, for the convenience as it is in close proximity to Wild Card. Protestant/Catholic/BornAgain/etc., all believes in the Creator God, Father of Jesus Christ, so why should we need be so cantankerous about denominations? Your Catholicism as much as anyone's Protestantism cannot bring you to heaven, or change you. Deal with it. And let Manny be.

As for the "Catholic" vote, is there even such a thing in the Phils? Catholics are not like INC's.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:54 am 
Middleweight

TS.. I watch Pacman because of him being a boxer.. I don't give a sh!t of anything else.

In regard to religion, that is his own business and personal thing..

Wag kang pakialamero...

Trans: Mind your own business.. Just enjoy the fight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

goldunderfire wrote:
TS.. I watch Pacman because of him being a boxer.. I don't give a sh!t of anything else.

In regard to religion, that is his own business and personal thing..

Wag kang pakialamero...

Trans: Mind your own business.. Just enjoy the fight.

Great post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 am 
Cruiserweight

kung gusto nya mag iglesia ni cristo, el shadai, mormon or saksi ni hova bahala sya.basta i knock out nya lang si marquez sa december.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:25 am 
Heavyweight

cubao_ibabaw wrote:
kung gusto nya mag iglesia ni cristo, el shadai, mormon or saksi ni hova bahala sya.basta i knock out nya lang si marquez sa december.. :mrgreen:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 am 
Lightweight

ts, there is no such thing as a "catholic vote" in the phil.
if he doesn't want to admit it, maybe you can ask the MPD
to interrogate him. hehehe. (joke).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 am 
Bantamweight

Iglesia Ni Kristo, Catholic, Protestant or whatever all prayed to the same God.Why is it a problem for you what Pacquaio does with his personal life? Get a life!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 am 
Heavyweight

:snoring: :snoring: :snoring: :snoring: :snoring:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am 
Cruiserweight

buti nga si Manny less educated pero nagbukas ng bible kaya nakakita ng KATOTOHANAN.

( you will learn of the Truth and the Truth shall set you free)

e ikaw????????

uto-uto pa rin :lol:

"The universe is but one vast Symbol of God."
-Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 am 
Heavyweight

I don't give a fock if he's a Jihadist....as long as he knocks out Marquez.

bandwagon fans - noun; definition see Miami Heat fans

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 am 
Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:
I have no problem with Pacquiao becoming a born again Christian but I can't understand why he can't admit it. Manny continues to say that he is a Catholic but during an interview with Lem Satterfield of Ring magazine, he says "Thanksgiving is a wonderful American holiday for families to get together and celebrate God's blessings. I chose Westside Shepherd of the Hills to do this because a house of God, where I attend services, seemed an appropriate place to share my blessings," said Pacquiao. This is a Protestant and not a Catholic Church.
"http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/175927-pacquiao-eyes-lucky-seventh-appearance-on-kimmel

I suspect that it's because of his political ambitions. He wants to get the Catholic vote in the next election. That is why he is keeping his new Born again Christian faith under wraps. I smell duplicity and dishonesty here.

I think Pacman does not need to broadcast what his religion , that's personal. What u see is what u get

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 am 
Welterweight

It also doesn't matter to me what Pacman's religion is. He could be Muslim, Buddhist, Pastafarian, whatever else and he'd still be my favorite boxer. So what if somebody's worshipping Jesus as god instead of one who is named Juan? In my personal point of view, if there is indeed a god who is supposed to be loving, kind, and forgiving, he wouldn't just send us to hell for worshiping him under a wrong name. What he'd consider is how "good" we are in life and if we shared love with others. He wouldn't punish us for eternity just because we got his name wrong or because we ended up in the wrong "group". He would judge us by how we lived our life and our true personality.

If there really is a god, I'd rather worship one who is loving and forgiving who knows that we're just imperfect humans who commit mistakes all the time, not one who would send you to hell for eternity just because you thought his name was Raul, you ended up in the wrong group of worshipers, or you didn't commit mass genocide in his (correct) name. The latter sounds like something a very self-conscious egoistic dictator would do right?

Anyway good job for Pacman, at least he is spreading love and fun to the people even though he has no obligation to, and to me I believe that's what really matters in life whether or not you're planning to go to a better place in the afterlife or not. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 am 
Heavyweight

Why are you whining about what pacman do and say? You sound like a little girl ts.p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next