Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:26 am 
Heavyweight

Let's face it, Pacquiao is not the same fighter who had spectacular wins against Ricky Hatton, Oscar dela Hoya, Erik Morales, and Miguel Cotto. His last three fights were proof of that (vs. Mosley, Marquez III, Bradley).

I believe he will lose his upcoming fight against Juan Manuel Marquez, if the judges call it properly. He made sure of that by starting his training camp very late. Changing his style will only ensure his loss; after all, old dogs don't learn new tricks. And I am quite sure he won't be able to muster his old fire back. He just doesn't have it anymore.

It would be best if Pacquiao retires after another bad performance, or a loss, to Marquez. Continuing to fight will only tarnish his hard-earned legacy. An all-too-probable knockout loss to Floyd Mayweather or even Saul Alvarez won't look good in his resume once he winds up his career.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 pm 
Heavyweight

I just viewed the active topics, and one thing I immediately noticed is that nobody is talking about Manny Pacquiao. Even the threads about Pacquiao are not related to the upcoming Marquez fight. Wow! Manny, you have definitely gone to an all-time low in terms of popularity (I have no real numbers or hard facts, just basing it on what's discussed here on Pinoygreats).

Manny, if you want to stay relevant in politics, be sure to take care of your boxing career first because this is what made you today. Nobody wants a loser, always put that in your mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 pm 
Heavyweight

I am one of the biggest Pacquiao fans, but "the writing was on the wall," and those who preferred to deny the clear facts must be mourning now. Not me, because I saw it coming.

I knew before the fight that Pacquiao-Marquez IV will be the end of the Pacquiao era.

Don't tell me you have not been warned. Now, stop mourning and get back to work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:08 pm 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 pm 
Middleweight

dhudes_rally wrote:

Yes!!! Kasama natin sya at di iiwan sa pakikipaglaban. Naitaas natin ang ating noo dahil sa kanya. I'm proud to be pinoy. Karuwagan para sa isang Pilipino na ang concern lamang ay kung nananalo pero nang iiwan kapag natatalo. Sabi nga natin sa ating pambansang awit."ANG MAMATAY NG DAHIL SAYO."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 pm 
Heavyweight

The punch that ended the Pacquiao era.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm 
Featherweight

zorann wrote:
I think Manny should retire after this fight. Reports of him missing his morning run because of late-night bible studies is really blood-boiling that I want to skin these pastors alive. And now this. Let's face it - Manny's head is no longer into the game and I'd really hate to see his career end in fashion similar to De La Hoya or Hatton.

And this was my post last Nov. 30 in this thread --> Pacquiao Not Doing Strength and Conditioning - ARIZA. Nagkatotoo na nga ang kinatatakutan ko.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 pm 
Welterweight

dhudes_rally wrote:

saludo kame sa'yo manny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:38 pm 
Middleweight

there was too much pressure for pacquiao to KO marqes, he got over-aggressive
maybe training/studying again of marqes other fights was insufficient

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am 
Heavyweight

dhudes_rally wrote: