Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:33 am 
Middleweight

USA Today Nov 20, 2012, Page 6A
Aid for Humanity by the Iglesia Ni Cristo

What? Filipinos giving aid to Americans? Yes only the Iglesia ni Cristo! At 2pm, NYC time , thousands of brethren as well recipients of the Lingap will meet in Times Square.Radio and TV stations are now announcing the Big Event!

The International Aid for Humanity of the I.N.C. was held in the Times Square of the Big Apple. No less than the Mayor and Governor of NYC graced the occassion! Some 2500 homeless families and 500 orphans were the recipients! Praises unto God!

I think this is not necessarily a filipinos, It happens that this church is emerged in the Philippines and now a global institutions. Glory be to God of the INC! - Jet7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:48 am 
Middleweight

I think this is not necessarily a filipinos, It happens that this church was emerged in the Philippines and now a global institutions. Glory be to God of the INC! - Jet7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 am 
Heavyweight

amen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 am 
Heavyweight

Jet7 wrote:

What? Filipinos giving aid to Americans? Yes only the Iglesia ni Cristo! At 2pm, NYC time , thousands of brethren as well recipients of the Lingap will meet in Times Square.Radio and TV stations are now announcing the Big Event!

The International Aid for Humanity of the I.N.C. was held in the Times Square of the Big Apple. No less than the Mayor and Governor of NYC graced the occassion! Some 2500 homeless families and 500 orphans were the recipients! Praises unto God!

I think this is not necessarily a filipinos, It happens that this church is emerged in the Philippines and now a global institutions. Glory be to God of the INC! - Jet7

I see investment strategy than aid for humanity.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 am 
Lightweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Jet7 wrote:

Indeed. And may I add that the INC is not really a religion. It's an institution run by Manalo, a succesful 'businessman'. The 'church' is almost forcing all their members/follower to pay the 10% they owe to Manalo.... errrr.... GOD.

Moreover, they deprive their followers of free will by block-voting a POLITICIAN. Why?.... MONEY and POWER.

It should be Iglesia ni Manalo if you ask me.

On the other hand, helping is helping. If their objective is sincere, i thank INC or whatever institution that comes to aid. Thank you INC and thanks to all the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 am 
Middleweight

I'm sure this is not the first time a filipino oriented group gave aid to disaster victims, regardless if it's here in the US for american's or in other countries.

Maybe they didn't get the publicity like this one did, but don't act like it's unheard of.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:20 am 
Heavyweight

PRMO na to.. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:05 am 
Middleweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Jet7 wrote:

they are giving loose change out of the 10% collected from their members. this is not charity, this is publicity right in the biggest city in the world! religion and politics working in harmony.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 am 
Welterweight

I'm a member of Iglesia Ni Cristo, this event is about giving back to community in need without any discrimination to anybody, regardless of religious affiliation, race , status, etc. I can sense negativity and or hatred from some posters above, typical of old age mentality we Filipinos have or had. I suggest we all do the same, give back a little to those people in need and be thankful instead. For those ungrateful folks out there, keep your rotten mouth shut. This is not the time or place for any debate, there's a place for that. This site has many readers not just local folks. Shameful it is to bicker rather than be united with this goal. Every foreign souls who benefit from this event probably won't even remember "Iglesia Ni Cristo", but I'm pretty sure they will remember those "Brown Folks" who handed them goodies, and who are they again? That's right, "WE FILIPINOS".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 am 
Middleweight

dhanpogi wrote:
I'm a member of Iglesia Ni Cristo, this event is about giving back to community in need without any discrimination to anybody, regardless of religious affiliation, race , status, etc. I can sense negativity and or hatred from some posters above, typical of old age mentality we Filipinos have or had. I suggest we all do the same, give back a little to those people in need and be thankful instead. For those ungrateful folks out there, keep your rotten mouth shut. This is not the time or place for any debate, there's a place for that. This site has many readers not just local folks. Shameful it is to bicker rather than be united with this goal. Every foreign souls who benefit from this event probably won't even remember "Iglesia Ni Cristo", but I'm pretty sure they will remember those "Brown Folks" who handed them goodies, and who are they again? That's right, "WE FILIPINOS".

if they are indeed sincere helping the poor then there are more unfortunate ones experiencing economic hardships in the philippines than in new york. and why do you have to broadcast it? you dont need the patronage of the city mayor, dont you? there is a rich history of INC an politics in the philippines and now penetrating the international scene. can you blame others for thinking otherwise from this so called charity work?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:38 am 
Heavyweight

a calculated move by the INC to parlay some mullah to develop some clout in the US.

next, US politics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:55 am 
Welterweight

onelenz wrote:
dhanpogi wrote:

if they are indeed sincere helping the poor then there are more unfortunate ones experiencing economic hardships in the philippines than in new york. and why do you have to broadcast it? you dont need the patronage of the city mayor, dont you? there is a rich history of INC an politics in the philippines and now penetrating the international scene. can you blame others for thinking otherwise from this so called charity work?

Open your eyes and see the big picture. East coast, more specifically New York and New Jersey area just got hit by one of the biggest calamity they ever had. Once in a while, take a peek outside of your window and inform yourself of what's happening around you. And not to worry about The Philippines, we do "Lingap Sa Mamamayan" annually on every of its region. You have to let people know about it so they will be informed on where and when will they get such help. You also need the approval of the city to do such thing, there's a law and regulation for everything! It's a big movement that needs the help of the local leader which in that case is the Mayor. See it as it is, 'A helping hand'. Don't look to far nor try to over analyze everything. Let that good spirit within you prevail and you might probably sleep better. I urge you, come and join us in our gathering and hopefully it'll straighten you up from misconception. It's not fair to judge unless you experience it first hand. God bless us all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Jet7 wrote:

yeah, a promotional move

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 am 
Welterweight

ito problema sa ibang Pilipino eh, lagi nag hahanap ng negative sa magandang ginagawa ng ating kapwa, kahit anung religion mo obligasyon natin ang tumulong sa nangagnailangan kahit anong race pa.

35 Sapagkat ako'y inyong pinakain noong ako'y nagugutom; ako'y inyong pinainom noong ako'y nauuhaw. Ako'y isang dayuhan at inyong pinatuloy. 36 Ako'y walang maisuot at inyong dinamitan, nagkasakit at inyong dinalaw, nabilanggo at inyong pinuntahan.'

37 "Sasagot ang mga matuwid, 'Panginoon, kailan po namin kayo nakitang nagutom at aming pinakain, o nauhaw at aming pinainom? 38 Kailan po kayo naging dayuhan at aming pinatuloy, o kaya'y walang maisuot at aming dinamitan? 39 At kailan po namin kayo nakitang nagkasakit o nabilanggo at kayo'y aming dinalaw?'

40 "Sasabihin ng Hari, 'Tandaan ninyo, nang gawin ninyo ito sa isa sa mga alagad ko, siya man ang pinakahamak, ako ang inyong tinulungan.'

Yun ngal ang...

Ganito ang sabi ng Panginoon: Sumpain ang tao na tumitiwala sa tao - Jer 17:5 eh si Kristo paniwala ng INC ay tao di ba?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 am 
Cruiserweight

My take to this is ..."Sounding a trumpet while helping is disingenuous to the true spirit of service."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next