Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 am 
Heavyweight

MANNY PACQUIAO: "I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT HIS STRENGTH...HE NEEDS TO PROVE SOMETHING"

"I'm not worried about his strength...I'm giving him a chance to prove; he's claiming that he won the fight...It's really important for me, this fight...He needs to prove something; that he really won the fight," stated 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, who held a conference call to discuss his December 8 fourth encounter with ring-rival Juan Manuel Marquez. Check out what else he had to say!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13640.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 am 
Lightweight

EXACTLY! The burden of proof is on marquez. He is the one who has lost 2 out of the three (should be 3/3) and yet people want pacquiao to prove that he is the better fighter...that is completely backwards. You don't get awarded championship fights you have to TAKE them, and JMM has done nothing to decisively take these victories.

Pacquiao doesn't need a KO, it is JMM who needs the KO. I've always been bothered with the mentality that Pacquiao has to prove himself, thats such a poor mentality (too humble imo, too Asian). That lack of demanding respect and credit where credit is due sends the wrong message (the message of being accountable for your own action). JMM has never taken accountability for his losses and nobody in the media has focused on that. JMM could have done many things to make his so called "victories over pacquiao" a reality including: moving forward to clear any doubt of ring generalship, make pacquiao backpedal, finishing rounds strong, not getting knockdown, scoring kds himself, finishing the championship rounds strong, etc..

The focus should be on JMM erasing doubts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:15 am 
Light Heavyweight

MMAPinoy wrote:
EXACTLY! The burden of proof is on marquez. He is the one who has lost 2 out of the three (should be 3/3) and yet people want pacquiao to prove that he is the better fighter...that is completely backwards. You don't get awarded championship fights you have to TAKE them, and JMM has done nothing to decisively take these victories.

Pacquiao doesn't need a KO, it is JMM who needs the KO. I've always been bothered with the mentality that Pacquiao has to prove himself, thats such a poor mentality (too humble imo, too Asian). That lack of demanding respect and credit where credit is due sends the wrong message (the message of being accountable for your own action). JMM has never taken accountability for his losses and nobody in the media has focused on that. JMM could have done many things to make his so called "victories over pacquiao" a reality including: moving forward to clear any doubt of ring generalship, make pacquiao backpedal, finishing rounds strong, not getting knockdown, scoring kds himself, finishing the championship rounds strong, etc..

The focus should be on JMM erasing doubts.

This kind of thinking will not help repair the reputation of Pac which was damaged by his close fights with jmm.

All jmm has to do is to simply eke out a close fight and people will be screaming again that he won. I believe this is jmm's plan since he already learned from his 3 fights with pac he can't win convincingly. A close fight result will damage pac more than jmm. It is pac that has a legacy to protect.

If the purpose of pac's statement is to encourage jmm to come out and seek pac aggressively, I think it will fail. The mexican is too intelligent to fall for that. Pac can't expect jmm to give up his counter punching advantage by being aggressive. Jmm will continue with countering but with quicker and stronger punches this time. That is what they are working on.

I hope Pac and roach have learned from the 2nd and 3rd fight game plans that didn't work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 am 
Flyweight

Yes, he definitely needs to prove something here for the Mayweather fight to become a reality. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 am 
Cruiserweight

fh_editor wrote:
MANNY PACQUIAO: "I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT HIS STRENGTH...HE NEEDS TO PROVE SOMETHING"

"I'm not worried about his strength...I'm giving him a chance to prove; he's claiming that he won the fight...It's really important for me, this fight...He needs to prove something; that he really won the fight," stated 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, who held a conference call to discuss his December 8 fourth encounter with ring-rival Juan Manuel Marquez. Check out what else he had to say!

read more

hahahaha afaic, both of them has something to prove. Only a K.O. win will convince boxing fans as to who really is supreme over the other less than that, u can throw it over the crocodile's den.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 am 
Cruiserweight

fh_editor wrote:

read more

HARSH & VERY ALARMING COMMENT

FROM IDOL PAC.

:shake:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 am 
Heavyweight

well, marquez can scream all he wants.

if he really wants to win, then he needs to be more aggressive and take the fight to pacman.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

dencio73 wrote:
Yes, he definitely needs to prove something here for the Mayweather fight to become a reality. :D

And if pac can make an statement say, he KO JMM, mayweather will forever hide....no win here for pac, just accept if the outcome in UD or split. Mayweather is running......next probaly is Tim, of course I'm not BOB.