Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Pacquiao vs Guerrero!?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm 
Lightweight

Guerrero is a great Mexican warrior, 6 time world champ! After Marquez, Manny should get in the ring with him to continue the Mexicution like old times.. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Guerrero just called out Mayweather in the post fight interview.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:53 pm 
Heavyweight

they are both leftie...

the fight showed why mayweather is afraid with pacquiao...

the bully leftie guerrero showed that shoulder roll berto will be ineffective and can be broken...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 pm 
Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:
Guerrero just called out Mayweather in the post fight interview.

mayweather will be on a second thought fighting leftie guerrero...

guerrero knows how to penetrate the shoulder roll defense...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:56 pm 
Lightweight

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

.......theres nothing to gain if they will face each other,and Manny is on the twilight of his career..MONEY IS NOT THERE against this HIT AND HOLD FIGHTER... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm 
Welterweight

Rios vs. Guerrero.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:14 pm 
Lightweight

martti santos wrote:
.......theres nothing to gain if they will face each other,and Manny is on the twilight of his career..MONEY IS NOT THERE against this HIT AND HOLD FIGHTER... :lol:

LOL check your facts bro, Guerrero made 10 Million with this fight with Berto. He is a known fighter internationally and a Californian superstar. He can draw major crowds of Hispanics to Las Vegas given the chance he has a fight with Pacquiao. I'd like to see the continuation of how Manny became the Legend he is today by dominating Mexican fighters and Guerrero is the best option after Marquez. I mean who else is there to fight Manny?.. Bradley? Mayweather? ahaa 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:20 pm 
Middleweight

the ghost...an armani suit made for pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:15 pm 
Welterweight

TATAY MO wrote:
martti santos wrote:

LOL check your facts bro, Guerrero made 10 Million with this fight with Berto. He is a known fighter internationally and a Californian superstar. He can draw major crowds of Hispanics to Las Vegas given the chance he has a fight with Pacquiao. I'd like to see the continuation of how Manny became the Legend he is today by dominating Mexican fighters and Guerrero is the best option after Marquez. I mean who else is there to fight Manny?.. Bradley? Mayweather? ahaa 8)

10 million??? :shock: this fight isnt even a pay per view..my take is guerrero got almost a million in this fight, about 700 to 800 grand.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:20 pm 
Welterweight

TATAY MO wrote:
martti santos wrote:

ROBERT GUERRERO WINS NASTY BRAWL WITH ANDRE BERTO, FLOYD MAYWEATHER NEXT?
Written by Tim Starks on Sunday, 25 November 2012 05:46.

The $2.6 million in purses shared by welterweights Robert Guerrero and Andre Berto for Saturday night's HBO main event raised a few eyebrows, but both men had to work hard for every penny in what was the grittiest fight of 2012 so far. It was a bout where both men fought half-blind, through swollen eyes and engaged in some of the most outstanding exchanges you'll see in a boxing ring, even if they couldn't see them themselves. Guerrero came out on top thanks to a couple knockdowns and a blistering work rate, even though he had to pay a heavy price in the form of sizzling flush uppercuts from the faster, harder-hitting Berto.

On the undercard, power-punching prospect Keith Thurman stepped up to a new level of opposition and easily wrecked Carlos Quintana, suggesting that he's ready for yet another step up.

ROBERT GUERRERO-ANDRE BERTO

HBO's announcing team once more got carried away with historical comparisons, and Jim Lampley saying that Guerrero-Berto reminded him of Carmen Basilio-Gene Fullmer did the fight no favors. But for all its mauling and wrestling and dirty tactics, the bout did eventually work itself into an excellent one, with moments of memorable briliance and a more appropriate reminder via Lampley that for all the courage it takes to be an elite athlete, no other sports puts the kind of courage on display that boxing does.

Early on, it looked like those who wanted to see Berto take a beatdown would see their hopes fulfilled. Berto got $1.6 million for this fight, a paycheck out of whack with his marketability, and he has always gotten that kind of HBO love, while Guerrero got $1 million and brought the majority of the fans Saturday in Ontario, Calif. Plus, Berto had tested positive for a banned substance earlier this year, and no amount of "It was only a contaminated supplement!" was going to convince people who are sick of Berto specifically and sick of performance enhancing drug excuses generally

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:50 pm 
Lightweight

inglourious_comeback wrote:
10 million??? :shock: this fight isnt even a pay per view..my take is guerrero got almost a million in this fight, about 700 to 800 grand.

My bad for the typo I meant $1.0 Million 8) :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:04 pm 
Heavyweight

that is a good match up but they are from different promoters. manny hinted that its either cotto or rios after his dec 8 fight with marquez.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:37 pm 
Middleweight

For me it's a good match up. Guerrero vs Pacman might be an awaited and will become a super fight specially that he won against Berto.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Daud Yordan rematch!and no quitting this time 8)

Genghis Khan