Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 am
Posts: 294
Location: Intramuros, Manila
Pacquiao must decide – retire or train seriously


As the nation continues to ponder over what went possibly wrong in Manny Pacquiao’s fourth fight with archrival Juan Manuel Marquez, there is no denying that the Mexican deserves credit for working hard for the win and devoted at least four months of training for the fight.

Two things were very obvious prior to the fight—Marquez trained like a man possessed, while Pacquiao stepped up his training only a few weeks before the fight. It was like a student cramming for a major examination.

Marquez even employed “new school” strength training techniques that the Pacquiao camp discounted when it came to increasing the punching power of the Mexican. When fight night came, it was obvious that Marquez finally had the power to send the Filipino to dreamland (unlike in the past fights).

Nonetheless, Pacquiao still gave his best and even landed more punches (92 versus the 56 of Marquez) prior to eating the death punch of the Mexican.........


read full story....

_________________
You may Visit to our site at www.manilatimes.net for the other stories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18610
Location: Paradise
Sadly, Pac did not give enough respect to Juan before the 4th fight. :shock:
2 weeks late at the Wild Card. And that clumsy attack at the end of the 6th round.

Pac does way too many things. He should quit being a congressman b/c he's not even doing that job anymore.
He just likes the status it brings I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 301
Well, better do politics full-time as he can be in it for a much longer time.

His career as a boxer is already wrapping up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18610
Location: Paradise
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
Well, better do politics full-time as he can be in it for a much longer time.

His career as a boxer is already wrapping up.

Sadly, he was going to fight in April for campaign money.
How twisted is that?

JMM-Pac V could be the BIGGEST FIGHT OF ALL TIME.
We're talking probably $30M-$40M each here.
These two have put a beating on each other too much already .
Juan might be spent already after 1 year with Heredia.
Pac might be spent now, period.

But, I suspect they'll fight again.
How many times does Pac get a shot at putting Juan out for good ?
The fifth one, even if he wins, might not be all that big in the glory department as Juan would be 40 then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 301
JoeyInCali wrote:
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
Well, better do politics full-time as he can be in it for a much longer time.

His career as a boxer is already wrapping up.

Sadly, he was going to fight in April for campaign money.
How twisted is that?

JMM-Pac V could be the BIGGEST FIGHT OF ALL TIME.
We're talking probably $30M-$40M each here.
These two have put a beating on each other too much already .
Juan might be spent already after 1 year with Heredia.
Pac might be spent now, period.

But, I suspect they'll fight again.
How many times does Pac get a shot at putting Juan out for good ?
The fifth one, even if he wins, might not be all that big in the glory department as Juan would be 40 then.


Another problem is, if he loses again, he might not win and just waste his funds for campaign.

That mentality exist here.

Plus, there is a danger of losing his faculties or life with another war.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:25 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm
Posts: 294
catholic ka muna manny pra may miracle ulit

_________________
How many Mexicans will it take to knock-out Manny Pacquiao? Answer - Juan (One)
How many Mexicans were knocked out by Manny Pacquiao? Answer - Manny (Many)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:30 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:55 pm
Posts: 293
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
Well, better do politics full-time as he can be in it for a much longer time.

His career as a boxer is already wrapping up.

Sadly, he was going to fight in April for campaign money.
How twisted is that?

JMM-Pac V could be the BIGGEST FIGHT OF ALL TIME.
We're talking probably $30M-$40M each here.
These two have put a beating on each other too much already .
Juan might be spent already after 1 year with Heredia.
Pac might be spent now, period.

But, I suspect they'll fight again.
How many times does Pac get a shot at putting Juan out for good ?
The fifth one, even if he wins, might not be all that big in the glory department as Juan would be 40 then.


Another problem is, if he loses again, he might not win and just waste his funds for campaign.

That mentality exist here.

Plus, there is a danger of losing his faculties or life with another war.


This might sound like putting him down but I wish he will lost his political ambitions including his wife's and brother's. That way, he can concentrate with boxing, else he should quit boxing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:53 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:34 pm
Posts: 1347
Location: Tri State
Manny is a power hungry, he wants to be a successful actor, actor politician, singer, basketball player and a preacher. He needs boxing to sustain all of his dreams.

_________________
http://i50.tinypic.com/24ou4d0.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 49
He needs to prioritize boxing first, politics, acting and all his other ventures will always be there, he only has a few more fights left in him before he retires


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:20 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:13 am
Posts: 206
As Mayweather said, you have to be seriously dedicated to the sport. Marquez was on a mission. He trained like a man possessed. Manny traveled around with a massive entourage, as if he were invincible. It was fitting that Mitt Romney went to his room before the fight. Romney also surrounded himself with people who constantly praised his worthiness and swore to him that there was no way he could lose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:59 am
Posts: 1213
Location: West Side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lala land
Manny loves the limelight! He loves the fact that he is worship by all kinds of people. His ego swelled so big he thought he was invincible. He used to schedule concerts after his fights. He acts, sings, gets into politics...etc.
Distractions everywhere !!! Sure he's on for a fifth fight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 698
march99 wrote:
Manny loves the limelight! He loves the fact that he is worship by all kinds of people. His ego swelled so big he thought he was invincible. He used to schedule concerts after his fights. He acts, sings, gets into politics...etc.
Distractions everywhere !!! Sure he's on for a fifth fight


Parang hindi ka yata nabalatuan dyan ha. Magkano ba talo natin bro? Sabihin mo lang.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:09 am
Posts: 1586
Location: Sin City, NV
sherwin_arnaiz2000 wrote:
Pacquiao must decide – retire or train seriously


As the nation continues to ponder over what went possibly wrong in Manny Pacquiao’s fourth fight with archrival Juan Manuel Marquez, there is no denying that the Mexican deserves credit for working hard for the win and devoted at least four months of training for the fight.

Two things were very obvious prior to the fight—Marquez trained like a man possessed, while Pacquiao stepped up his training only a few weeks before the fight. It was like a student cramming for a major examination.

Marquez even employed “new school” strength training techniques that the Pacquiao camp discounted when it came to increasing the punching power of the Mexican. When fight night came, it was obvious that Marquez finally had the power to send the Filipino to dreamland (unlike in the past fights).

Nonetheless, Pacquiao still gave his best and even landed more punches (92 versus the 56 of Marquez) prior to eating the death punch of the Mexican.........


read full story....

pac should focus on boxing 1000% pac was reckless that counter right has been there since fight 1 pac become mindful and cautious on fight 2 and 3 that's why he won those fights and fight 4 he become reckless and kaboom plus heredia's magic potion made a diffrence...if there is fight 5 i don't know what's the game plan. stick and move ala mayweather and not be reckless and don't attack to much pac should have called the attack mode a bluff and let marquez come to him rather than he attack and get that counter right...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:12 am
Posts: 925
Location: Malolos city
Manny Needs to Employ


Plyometrics training program
Perhaps one of the few things that were very wrong with the latest training camp of Pacquiao was his lack of a plyometrics training program, the same that Marquez employed to develop his physique and punching power.

Is it true as bruited about that there were intramurals between Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach and his conditioning coach Alex Ariza?

Also, the two-month training he devoted to fight Marquez a fourth time paled in comparison to the time, intensity and focus he used to give before each fight—especially when he was scheduled to face dela Hoya.

He must realize is staying on top of the game—or specifically preserving his status as being the first or second best pound-for-pound boxer in the world—deserves 101-percent dedication.

And if he wants to face Marquez a fifth time, he must devote at least six months of intense and focused training, because for sure, the Mexican will train equally hard just to make sure that the Filipino doesn’t get his sweet revenge.

Sycophantic media
If there is one group also to blame for Pacquiao’s shocking loss (besides the hanger-ons and useless members of his official entourage), it is the media that formed part of his circus in fights in the US mainland. A close scrutiny of all the reports by Filipino mediamen from the United States prior to the fight shows that no one honestly reported that something was amiss. Like sycophants to a feared dictator, they all said there was absolutely nothing wrong with Pacquiao’s preparations, even when in fact it was very clear that he was way behind in training compared to Marquez.

All those rosy reports must have made Pacquiao believe that he was superman.

It’s not yet too late for Pacquiao to redeem himself because at 34 years old, he still has two to three more fighting years, and a chance to avenge his loss to Marquez.

But if Pacquiao couldn’t devote his full attention to becoming the great boxer that he was before, and put his camp in order, he might as well hang up his gloves before he racks up more losses.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 am 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:23 am
Posts: 68
I honestly agree to this post. No excuse to the loss on this fight. Both fighters were evenly match in skills, determination, heart and experience. They know each others strengths and weaknesses, but only the focus and preparation in training and conditioning. Let's all admit it. Marquez is the S-M-A-R-T-E-R fighter not the the better. He hired an expert (strength and conditioning coach) though somewhat controversial to make it even in power. He knows that since Manny was being suspected of using PEDS, no one would require a strict testing and can get away with it easily.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PacDaddy1 and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group