Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 am 
Welterweight

I think the solution to Manny's leg cramping could be solved if he wore compression pants or calf sleeves like Dywane Wade and other players have worn in the NBA for the same very reason. From my understanding, and I've worn them myself, the muscles are kept warm by the compression and keep the circulation going or whatever and so oxygen is absorbed in that area, the muscles remain loose, so that cramping does not occur.

I'm not so well versed in the rules of boxing and all the ins and out of the sport...but is this something that could be done? What are the rules as far as fight attire? What is the rule on what a fighter has to wear in the ring? Are there any regulations and are they enforced? I've seen some fighters wear boxing shoes and I've seen some that looked like they were wearing regular high top sneakers. I've seen fighters wear boxing trunks and then there's some that wear something akin to a skirt...some can be leather, some can look like a Roman soldier's leather lappets, some can be velvet or fur. Does anyone know the rules regarding this? Why does a boxer have to wear what he wears? Can he wear MMA trunks or banana hammocks like in the WCW should a fighter choose to? Do they have to wear shorts or could they wear judo pants maybe if they wanted? As long as they're not wearing protective clothing limiting an opponents attack, or limits their own movement, I don't see a problem. I'm not saying wear arm sleeves like Iverson or Underarmor tops...below the belt isn't targeted so it shouldn't matter what they wear as trousers...does it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 am 
Cruiserweight

KTFO marquez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:52 am 
Welterweight

mikeguisado wrote:
I think the solution to Manny's leg cramping could be solved if he wore compression pants or calf sleeves like Dywane Wade and other players have worn in the NBA for the same very reason. From my understanding, and I've worn them myself, the muscles are kept warm by the compression and keep the circulation going or whatever and so oxygen is absorbed in that area, the muscles remain loose, so that cramping does not occur.

I'm not so well versed in the rules of boxing and all the ins and out of the sport...but is this something that could be done? What are the rules as far as fight attire? What is the rule on what a fighter has to wear in the ring? Are there any regulations and are they enforced? I've seen some fighters wear boxing shoes and I've seen some that looked like they were wearing regular high top sneakers. I've seen fighters wear boxing trunks and then there's some that wear something akin to a skirt...some can be leather, some can look like a Roman soldier's leather lappets, some can be velvet or fur. Does anyone know the rules regarding this? Why does a boxer have to wear what he wears? Can he wear MMA trunks or banana hammocks like in the WCW should a fighter choose to? Do they have to wear shorts or could they wear judo pants maybe if they wanted? As long as they're not wearing protective clothing limiting an opponents attack, or limits their own movement, I don't see a problem. I'm not saying wear arm sleeves like Iverson or Underarmor tops...below the belt isn't targeted so it shouldn't matter what they wear as trousers...does it?

Knock that B*tch out early!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 am 
Heavyweight

That can be an option. I've never seen a boxer wear one.....so maybe it's not allowed

bandwagon fans - noun; definition see Miami Heat fans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am 
Middleweight

As far as I know there's no rule against this... Jorge Paez used to wear REALLY long boxing trunks to the ring... the reason boxers don't usually wear longer pants is because when they get wet it becomes alot more weight to carry but compression pants/spandex wouldn't hold the extra water so it wouldn't weigh that much more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 am 
Heavyweight

there's really one solution, stop pretending there's really leg cramps :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 am 
Welterweight

don't know if it's just in my head, but they've worked for me thus far...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:01 am 
Cruiserweight

Pac would look hilarious with these on. :lol:

And it's boxing, meaning tough men only. All other sports could wear these but not in boxing.

:biglaugh:

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 am 
Welterweight

Borrow DeLa Hoya's stocking - this will also distract Marquez' focus while they're on top of the ring. :lol: :lol: