Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:42 pm 
Featherweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:
As you lay down motionless in the canvass, I felt like a part of me died. Manny you have given me and my son plenty of good memories. Over the years, your fights have been our special bonding time. I tried to teach my son the nuances of boxing as we watched you in wonder and admiration. Your speed and skills were dazzling. With every punch that you took, as if we got hit with you. When you made the sign of the cross, we knew that you were asking for help from a power greater than any of us. This is where you made you biggest impact. Your simple ways and acceptance of God's plans made you bigger than just boxing. I could teach my son, that here is a man who instead of rejoicing in his personal victory offers it to God. Every victory, every defeat, the blood, sweat and tears that you offered for our sake speaks of the love you have for those who believe in you. You have failed many times in your life but even in failure you taught us how to rise up from devastating defeat. Despite all your flaws, weaknesses, and frailties you were our hero and will continue to be our hero. You will probably fight again but we know that the reign of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, the pound for pound best fighter of the decade now belongs to the annals of history. You may have lost this battle but I think you are now ready to fight bigger wars. I would just like to say thank you for the memories of a great man. Not just a great boxer but a great man who will forever live in our hearts. You may have been diminished as a fighter but never as a God centered human being. May God always keep you and your loved ones in His loving care.

Very well written message bro. Manny has been an inspiration for our family as well specially me, my brother, and our father. As an adoring fan, I dont want to watch my idol kissing the canvas again uncocnscious. I hope he just retire after this or fight one more fight with a nobody, knock him out and call it quits.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 pm 
Middleweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
Good post bro.TS.It is really touching to refresh Manny's memories.
But believe me,he'll come back against Marquez in the planned 5th fight,
And yours & your son's memories of him will end in a happy note,
Manny will show again why he's the greatest fighter of this decade. :)

Yes, TS that is a very touching post. You and your son are not alone. Countless of Filipinos are in the same boat.
I also believe there is a 5th fight.
Vengeance is ours!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm 
Heavyweight

martti santos wrote:
..............BUYSET!!!... Respect naman mga bro.... if you don't like the message,then STFU... do you have to make fun out of everyones thread?... if you want respect from other members,YOU HAVE TO EARN it as well..

pinuri ang thread sabay kailan daw ang LIBING??.. dying is not an event to laugh about birdbrain.. and at the expense of our Pambansang kamao pa ha?.... people on this site sometimes really pisses me off... NO WONDER many of us turned into lurkers than posters.... :banghead:

Take it easy.

You are already Light Heavyweight. You should already know by now how it is like to be a poser here in pinoygreats.

Posers here joke and banter around a lot. I am simply bringing this to the attention of the TS by injecting a teasing but dark humor to his essay.

The mood of his essay is, without a doubt, serious and highly respectful of Manny Pacquiao which is fine but it was done in such a way as to be very morbid. Eulogy po yong "arrive" and I am not the only who noticed it. It is like my way of telling him not to overreact with his emotions as he could be sendng only the wrong impression instead.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 pm 
Lightweight

Buhay pa si Manny! Nakakalungkot kasi natalo sya but he's alive and he'll bounce back..
Cheer up! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

noel3393 wrote:
martti santos wrote:
..............BUYSET!!!... Respect naman mga bro.... if you don't like the message,then STFU... do you have to make fun out of everyones thread?... if you want respect from other members,YOU HAVE TO EARN it as well..

pinuri ang thread sabay kailan daw ang LIBING??.. dying is not an event to laugh about birdbrain.. and at the expense of our Pambansang kamao pa ha?.... people on this site sometimes really pisses me off... NO WONDER many of us turned into lurkers than posters.... :banghead:

Take it easy.

You are already Light Heavyweight. You should already know by now how it is like to be a poser here in pinoygreats.

Posers here joke and banter around a lot. I am simply bringing this to the attention of the TS by injecting a teasing but dark humor to his essay.

The mood of his essay is, without a doubt, serious and highly respectful of Manny Pacquiao which is fine but it was done in such a way as to be very morbid. Eulogy po yong "arrive" and I am not the only who noticed it. It is like my way of telling him not to overreact with his emotions as he could be sendng only the wrong impression instead.

nagpapaliwanag ka pa ha..... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

noel3393 wrote:
martti santos wrote:

Take it easy.

......To you maybe it's funny bro, but if you are goin to put yourself into the TS shoes what will you feel... the guy is feeling really low at the moment because of that DEVASTATING loss and some members here like you are insensitive and trying to be comedians...wag nyo na gayahin si El clits kasi trying hard din yun unggoy na yun tol...Be sensible sometimes and jokes are posted on the funny threads para sakin but not this one..... see you around :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:25 pm 
Welterweight

buhay pa naman si emmanuel dapidran a.....pero gusto ko ang paghanga mo sa kanya.. :D

"Give me 10 thousand filipinos and i will conquer the world"-- General Douglas McArthur

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:57 pm 
Heavyweight

noel3393 wrote:
Take it easy.

martti santos wrote:
......To you maybe it's funny bro, but if you are goin to put yourself into the TS shoes what will you feel... the guy is feeling really low at the moment because of that DEVASTATING loss and some members here like you are insensitive and trying to be comedians...wag nyo na gayahin si El clits kasi trying hard din yun unggoy na yun tol...Be sensible sometimes and jokes are posted on the funny threads para sakin but not this one..... see you around :wink:

Next alibi of noela.. you should have read between the lines. :biglaugh:

Just leave him alone bro, he is a joke here. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:31 am 
Heavyweight

martti santos wrote:
noel3393 wrote:
martti santos wrote:

Take it easy.

The TS is funny without trying to. Perhaps it was due to the way he expressed himself as he was obviously caught up in the moment.

I had just wanted to make light of a situation that is too somber and sentimental for comfort. I also felt that it doesn't have to be that way, you know, as if it's the end of the road for him because it's not. He is still relatively young at marami pa siyang puedeng kayang gawin sa buhay nya, inside and outside of the boxing ring.

Thanks, by the way, and also see you around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 am 
Heavyweight

The TS is funny without trying to. Perhaps it was due to the way he expressed himself as he was obviously caught up in the moment.

I had just wanted to make light of a situation that is too somber and sentimental for comfort. I also felt that it doesn't have to be that way, you know, as if it's the end of the road for Manny Pacquiao because it's not. Manny is still relatively young at marami pa siyang puedeng kayang gawin sa buhay nya, inside and outside of the boxing ring.

Thanks, by the way, and also see you around.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 pm 
Lightweight

Don't worry guys. I can take the teasing just like I can take punches when I spar in the gym. I can also be very honest with my feelings. I'm sure that despite the many tough posturing that brothers in this forum have taken, many of them feel the same way I do. If some of you think that I'm delivering a eulogy, its because that's how I feel. It's like somebody died. I guess the only thing that died was the dream for Manny to knock out Juan Manuel Marquez and later on to knock out Floyd Mayweather Jr. He can then retire and take his place among the legends of the boxing world. Knowing Manny he can still do that. What I don't want to see is for him to get hurt in the process of chasing our dream. Personally I feel that he has already exceeded all of his personal dreams. He deserves to enjoy the rewards of all that he's worked hard for including all the accolades that he got. I do hope that he will retire soon while his health is still intact. In fact, all those who love Manny now wants him to retire. You can continue with the jokes and the teasing that's part of the game too but I speak in behalf of all those who quietly shed a tear for a fallen hero.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 pm 
Heavyweight

I think the most important thing is that Manny Pacquiao was not seriously hurt or suffered any permanent damage like what happened to Gerald McClellan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGz-unNi1dU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

my condolences.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 pm 
Welterweight

Nice post TS.

Huwag na lang natin kalimutan lahat ng nagawa ni Manny, tandaan niyo na kada laban niya naging masaya kayo, kahit sa last fight niya kay Marquez kitang kita na gusto niya na maging masaya tayo, kung hindi niyo kaya irespeto yung pagkatalo niya, irespeto na lang sana yung pagkatao niya. Baka wala pa sa 5% ng nagawa ni Manny yang mga nagagawa niyo sa buhay niyo at para sa ibang tao.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next