Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:58 pm 
Heavyweight

jhinxz wrote:
Dan Rightcross wrote:
As you lay down motionless in the canvass, I felt like a part of me died. Manny you have given me and my son plenty of good memories. Over the years, your fights have been our special bonding time. I tried to teach my son the nuances of boxing as we watched you in wonder and admiration. Your speed and skills were dazzling. With every punch that you took, as if we got hit with you. When you made the sign of the cross, we knew that you were asking for help from a power greater than any of us. This is where you made you biggest impact. Your simple ways and acceptance of God's plans made you bigger than just boxing. I could teach my son, that here is a man who instead of rejoicing in his personal victory offers it to God. Every victory, every defeat, the blood, sweat and tears that you offered for our sake speaks of the love you have for those who believe in you. You have failed many times in your life but even in failure you taught us how to rise up from devastating defeat. Despite all your flaws, weaknesses, and frailties you were our hero and will continue to be our hero. You will probably fight again but we know that the reign of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, the pound for pound best fighter of the decade now belongs to the annals of history. You may have lost this battle but I think you are now ready to fight bigger wars. I would just like to say thank you for the memories of a great man. Not just a great boxer but a great man who will forever live in our hearts. You may have been diminished as a fighter but never as a God centered human being. May God always keep you and your loved ones in His loving care.

Very well written message bro. Manny has been an inspiration for our family as well specially me, my brother, and our father. As an adoring fan, I dont want to watch my idol kissing the canvas again uncocnscious. I hope he just retire after this or fight one more fight with a nobody, knock him out and call it quits.

ts --------> Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
jhinxz wrote:
Dan Rightcross wrote:
As you lay down motionless in the canvass, I felt like a part of me died. Manny you have given me and my son plenty of good memories. Over the years, your fights have been our special bonding time. I tried to teach my son the nuances of boxing as we watched you in wonder and admiration. Your speed and skills were dazzling. With every punch that you took, as if we got hit with you. When you made the sign of the cross, we knew that you were asking for help from a power greater than any of us. This is where you made you biggest impact. Your simple ways and acceptance of God's plans made you bigger than just boxing. I could teach my son, that here is a man who instead of rejoicing in his personal victory offers it to God. Every victory, every defeat, the blood, sweat and tears that you offered for our sake speaks of the love you have for those who believe in you. You have failed many times in your life but even in failure you taught us how to rise up from devastating defeat. Despite all your flaws, weaknesses, and frailties you were our hero and will continue to be our hero. You will probably fight again but we know that the reign of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, the pound for pound best fighter of the decade now belongs to the annals of history. You may have lost this battle but I think you are now ready to fight bigger wars. I would just like to say thank you for the memories of a great man. Not just a great boxer but a great man who will forever live in our hearts. You may have been diminished as a fighter but never as a God centered human being. May God always keep you and your loved ones in His loving care.

Very well written message bro. Manny has been an inspiration for our family as well specially me, my brother, and our father. As an adoring fan, I dont want to watch my idol kissing the canvas again uncocnscious. I hope he just retire after this or fight one more fight with a nobody, knock him out and call it quits.

ts --------> Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it is way over the top naman.

EVen a dead person wouldn't want his relatives to look that way during the time of his/her mourning. It is like making a mockery out of an otherwise very solemn and sad occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 pm 
Welterweight

Pacquiao-Barrera, the best win ever.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 pm 
Middleweight

His love scene with the canvas will be remembered..thank you manny pacquiao for the memories... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm 
Heavyweight

the message is good. medyo sa title lang sumablay :lol:

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=212005&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 pm 
Heavyweight

paktol wrote:
the message is good. medyo sa title lang sumablay :lol:

Then what do you think should be the proper thread title?

Like this?

"Ikaw talaga Manny, ang laki ng naitalo ko sa pustahan!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:03 pm 
Heavyweight

ang drama naman. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

andromoh mo brohd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 pm 
Heavyweight

Boring din naman kasi kung puro na lang panalo o kung walang kontrabida at kalungkutan.

Walang thrill, challenge at motivation.

Dapat may talo din para may drama din at kabiguan.

Just like what we love to see in TV soap operas and FPJ & Rocky movies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:

me lamay pa po ba... magdadala po ako ng kape at biscuit :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Unless Manny Pacquiao can make a comeback in a big way, the sight and the memory of him getting knocked out in such a devastating fashion will forever linger in the minds of the people.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 am 
Heavyweight

heartless wrote:
Nice post TS.

Huwag na lang natin kalimutan lahat ng nagawa ni Manny, tandaan niyo na kada laban niya naging masaya kayo, kahit sa last fight niya kay Marquez kitang kita na gusto niya na maging masaya tayo, kung hindi niyo kaya irespeto yung pagkatalo niya, irespeto na lang sana yung pagkatao niya. Baka wala pa sa 5% ng nagawa ni Manny yang mga nagagawa niyo sa buhay niyo at para sa ibang tao.

Of course, we forever respect Manny Pacquiao, win or lose.

Nakakapagbagabag lang kasi yong paraan ng pagpupuri sa kanya rito, kaya nababahala din kami.

He is still very much alive so why should we make "bola" to him as if he is already gone for good?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:
Don't worry guys. I can take the teasing just like I can take punches when I spar in the gym. I can also be very honest with my feelings. I'm sure that despite the many tough posturing that brothers in this forum have taken, many of them feel the same way I do. If some of you think that I'm delivering a eulogy, its because that's how I feel. It's like somebody died. I guess the only thing that died was the dream for Manny to knock out Juan Manuel Marquez and later on to knock out Floyd Mayweather Jr. He can then retire and take his place among the legends of the boxing world. Knowing Manny he can still do that. What I don't want to see is for him to get hurt in the process of chasing our dream. Personally I feel that he has already exceeded all of his personal dreams. He deserves to enjoy the rewards of all that he's worked hard for including all the accolades that he got. I do hope that he will retire soon while his health is still intact. In fact, all those who love Manny now wants him to retire. You can continue with the jokes and the teasing that's part of the game too but I speak in behalf of all those who quietly shed a tear for a fallen hero.

You can bring home his ashes bro. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

beastie_roy wrote:
Dan Rightcross wrote:

Thank you for the memories? Parang namatay na si Manny ha! hehehe

:shock: :shock: :shock: he is still alive and kicking!!!

originally Hubs Pogi (ELMO my avatar) Joined last Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:36 am

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 am 
Cruiserweight

Background music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H8AD0bum3c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next