Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Ilaga wrote:
Great message! We felt the same way. Watching Manny on that position is unbearable. I truly believe that the Pacman will comeback with emphatic fashion. The greatest people in the past always left us something to talk about them, and Pacman will be one of them.

Yeah right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm 
Heavyweight

sesaru24 wrote:
Buhay pa si Manny! Nakakalungkot kasi natalo sya but he's alive and he'll bounce back..
Cheer up! :D

We are used to see him winning every time.

That he actually lost, and in such a devastating manner, is just surreal.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:06 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pacquiao will rise again! He just need time to rest and sleep...and get rid of the PEStors!

Mrs. Dionesia said in an interview that her son Manny Pacquiao has not been getting enough sleep
because of the born again PESTors (pastors) that are always swarming at her sons mansion to do
bible studies starting late at nigh unitl early morning.

Even at the wild card gym in Hollywood, Ca. these Pastors can be seen swarming around
Manny Pacquiao disturbing his training and depriving him of the much needed sleep and rest.
It was reported that the night before the fight itself, Pacquiao did not get enough sleep
because these Pestors succeeded in convincing Pacquiao to do bible studies.

On the day of the fight.
Having been deprived of sleep because of spending so many sleepless nights doing bible studies.
Sure enough, Manny Pacquiao was so tired and sleepy inside the ring while fighting Marquez.
So, Manny Pacquiao decided to sleep on the canvas and defer to continue fighting Marquez.

The jokes has it that Manny Pacquiao was not really hit that hard by Marquez
and that Pacquiao was still capable of standing up and conitnue fighting.
But Pacquiao was just too sleepy and tired from so many sleepless nights with PESTors
that's why Manny Pacquiao just decided to sleep in the ring...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Dodong Alicaba wrote:
Pacquiao will rise again! He just need time to rest and sleep...and get rid of the PEStors!

Mrs. Dionesia said in an interview that her son Manny Pacquiao has not been getting enough sleep
because of the born again PESTors (pastors) that are always swarming at her sons mansion to do
bible studies starting late at nigh unitl early morning.

Even at the wild card gym in Hollywood, Ca. these Pastors can be seen swarming around
Manny Pacquiao disturbing his training and depriving him of the much needed sleep and rest.
It was reported that the night before the fight itself, Pacquiao did not get enough sleep
because these Pestors succeeded in convincing Pacquiao to do bible studies.

On the day of the fight.
Having been deprived of sleep because of spending so many sleepless nights doing bible studies.
Sure enough, Manny Pacquiao was so tired and sleepy inside the ring while fighting Marquez.
So, Manny Pacquiao decided to sleep on the canvas and defer to continue fighting Marquez.

The jokes has it that Manny Pacquiao was not really hit that hard by Marquez
and that Pacquiao was still capable of standing up and conitnue fighting.
But Pacquiao was just too sleepy and tired from so many sleepless nights with PESTors
that's why Manny Pacquiao just decided to sleep in the ring...

You have a point there.

I think Manny Pacquiao is trying to be a pastor himself in the same way that he also wanted to be a singer. Masyado syang nagpapabola sa mga nakakapaligid sa kanya not knowing that most of them are only in it for his money. Times are hard and they are trying to milk him dry for all he is worth every chance they get.

They don't want to offend him as they are afraid to fall out of his good graces. No one wanted to tell him straight to his face that he can't sing simply because he is Manny Pacquiao. He should realize by now that there are things that even tons of money and popularity can't buy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Brightest_Star wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Good post bro.TS.It is really touching to refresh Manny's memories.
But believe me,he'll come back against Marquez in the planned 5th fight,
And yours & your son's memories of him will end in a happy note,
Manny will show again why he's the greatest fighter of this decade. :)

Yes, TS that is a very touching post. You and your son are not alone. Countless of Filipinos are in the same boat.
I also believe there is a 5th fight.
Vengeance is ours!

Vengeance is not a good idea and contrary to religious teachings.

It something that is not in accordance with the faith of Manny Pacquiao, for it is written:

Romans 12:19–21

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave itto the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm 
Heavyweight

jhon515 wrote:

I think it is better for Manny Pacquiao to leave everything up to God na lang.

Bawal pala ang maghiganti. Ang Diyos na lang po ang bahala kay Juan Manual Marquez.

And Manny Pacquiao might as well retire and then build his own church or religion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:21 pm 
Middleweight

noel3393 wrote:
Brightest_Star wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:
Good post bro.TS.It is really touching to refresh Manny's memories.
But believe me,he'll come back against Marquez in the planned 5th fight,
And yours & your son's memories of him will end in a happy note,
Manny will show again why he's the greatest fighter of this decade. :)

Yes, TS that is a very touching post. You and your son are not alone. Countless of Filipinos are in the same boat.
I also believe there is a 5th fight.
Vengeance is ours!

Vengeance is not a good idea and contrary to religious teachings.

It something that is not in accordance with the faith of Manny Pacquiao, for it is written:

Romans 12:19–21

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave itto the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Your quote from the bible is absolutely correct but connotes another meaning. Vengeance in sports is totally another thing. Vengeance on the above sense means to get even after losing a boxing match or competition. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:
Don't worry guys. I can take the teasing just like I can take punches when I spar in the gym. I can also be very honest with my feelings. I'm sure that despite the many tough posturing that brothers in this forum have taken, many of them feel the same way I do. If some of you think that I'm delivering a eulogy, its because that's how I feel. It's like somebody died. I guess the only thing that died was the dream for Manny to knock out Juan Manuel Marquez and later on to knock out Floyd Mayweather Jr. He can then retire and take his place among the legends of the boxing world. Knowing Manny he can still do that. What I don't want to see is for him to get hurt in the process of chasing our dream. Personally I feel that he has already exceeded all of his personal dreams. He deserves to enjoy the rewards of all that he's worked hard for including all the accolades that he got. I do hope that he will retire soon while his health is still intact. In fact, all those who love Manny now wants him to retire. You can continue with the jokes and the teasing that's part of the game too but I speak in behalf of all those who quietly shed a tear for a fallen hero.

bilib ako sa'yo pare, like pacman you dn't just easily persuade by negative comments here and you are right that many of the members here feel the same way you do... i'm one of them :) by the way nice message pareng dan.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 pm 
Heavyweight

manningski wrote:
Dan Rightcross wrote:
Don't worry guys. I can take the teasing just like I can take punches when I spar in the gym. I can also be very honest with my feelings. I'm sure that despite the many tough posturing that brothers in this forum have taken, many of them feel the same way I do. If some of you think that I'm delivering a eulogy, its because that's how I feel. It's like somebody died. I guess the only thing that died was the dream for Manny to knock out Juan Manuel Marquez and later on to knock out Floyd Mayweather Jr. He can then retire and take his place among the legends of the boxing world. Knowing Manny he can still do that. What I don't want to see is for him to get hurt in the process of chasing our dream. Personally I feel that he has already exceeded all of his personal dreams. He deserves to enjoy the rewards of all that he's worked hard for including all the accolades that he got. I do hope that he will retire soon while his health is still intact. In fact, all those who love Manny now wants him to retire. You can continue with the jokes and the teasing that's part of the game too but I speak in behalf of all those who quietly shed a tear for a fallen hero.

bilib ako sa'yo pare, like pacman you dn't just easily persuade by negative comments here and you are right that many of the members here feel the same way you do... i'm one of them :) by the way nice message pareng dan.

Indeed, misery loves company. But no amount of self-pity can undo the past.

It is better to take on a constructive way of looking at things so that we can move on and try to be the best that we can be as individuals and as a people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Screaming Eagle wrote:
beastie_roy wrote:
Dan Rightcross wrote:
As you lay down motionless in the canvass, I felt like a part of me died. Manny you have given me and my son plenty of good memories. Over the years, your fights have been our special bonding time. I tried to teach my son the nuances of boxing as we watched you in wonder and admiration. Your speed and skills were dazzling. With every punch that you took, as if we got hit with you. When you made the sign of the cross, we knew that you were asking for help from a power greater than any of us. This is where you made you biggest impact. Your simple ways and acceptance of God's plans made you bigger than just boxing. I could teach my son, that here is a man who instead of rejoicing in his personal victory offers it to God. Every victory, every defeat, the blood, sweat and tears that you offered for our sake speaks of the love you have for those who believe in you. You have failed many times in your life but even in failure you taught us how to rise up from devastating defeat. Despite all your flaws, weaknesses, and frailties you were our hero and will continue to be our hero. You will probably fight again but we know that the reign of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, the pound for pound best fighter of the decade now belongs to the annals of history. You may have lost this battle but I think you are now ready to fight bigger wars. I would just like to say thank you for the memories of a great man. Not just a great boxer but a great man who will forever live in our hearts. You may have been diminished as a fighter but never as a God centered human being. May God always keep you and your loved ones in His loving care.

Thank you for the memories? Parang namatay na si Manny ha! hehehe

:shock: :shock: :shock: he is still alive and kicking!!!

Yes, he can do that even if lying face down. What more if he can rise and stand up again!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:04 pm 
Middleweight

Am i lost or what? Did he died? :o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:41 pm 
Heavyweight

nathan_boxing wrote:
Am i lost or what? Did he died? :o

Not really.

Ganoon lang daw po if it seems "a part of us has also died".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 am 
Heavyweight

Your quote from the bible is absolutely correct but connotes another meaning. Vengeance in sports is totally another thing. Vengeance on the above sense means to get even after losing a boxing match or competition.
Yes, in this case, the word "vengeace" is used in the context of getting even after losing a boxing match.

But still it doesn't change its meaning. From the smallest petty quarrels to the greatest of wars, vengeance is among the favorite themes that drive men to destroy one another.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 pm 
Heavyweight

heartless wrote:
Nice post TS.

Huwag na lang natin kalimutan lahat ng nagawa ni Manny, tandaan niyo na kada laban niya naging masaya kayo, kahit sa last fight niya kay Marquez kitang kita na gusto niya na maging masaya tayo, kung hindi niyo kaya irespeto yung pagkatalo niya, irespeto na lang sana yung pagkatao niya. Baka wala pa sa 5% ng nagawa ni Manny yang mga nagagawa niyo sa buhay niyo at para sa ibang tao.

Oo nga naman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next