Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm 
Flyweight

[/quote]

At first, I also thought that it was a lucky punch, but when I saw this ( Marquez sparring video) almost 2 months ago, it seemed that Marquez has been developing that strategy( counter with the big right hand during the 2nd fake) all along...

(0:35)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqcrmP6HbI4
quote]

Man, thank to that video... now it made think that was really a lucky punch. Dude, he got his sparring partner one time... then he didn't set up again. If he was working on that crap. He didn't put too much according to that video clip. But that was a nice video clip, thanks... I haven't seen that one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:23 pm 
Heavyweight

There is NO such thing as lucky punch in boxing. Each boxer enters the ring to punch his opponent.
Don't make excuses. :biglaugh:

End of discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

yah its not a lucky punch... jmm trained hard and what do you expect they fought 3 times in the past.. sooner or later jmm was gonna get that perfect punch in..

we cant say it was a lucky punch.. because manny was even knocked down in the 3rd round...

a lucky punch would be a heavily favored champion vs a nobody... but here we have 2 of the best boxers there is... so lets just give jmm credit and hope we can come back in pacman marquez 5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 pm 
Middleweight

The punch wasn't lucky but opportunity knocked when the carelessness of Pacquiao tripped over Marquez's foot after a lazy jab. He didn't see the punch because the brain tried to compensate for adjustment during the fall to catch his equilibrium. This all happened within the last two seconds of the fight. Because Manny was winning overconfidently, the "good" punch that Manny could have rolled along with hit Flush on his chin, pushing his brain to the back of his head faster than a speeding bullet, shutting it off the electricity in the brain for a second making him unconscious.

Even Marquez and Barrinstein were surprised. If the all of our planets were to realign in a straight line, would that be a lucky event? No, it would be an opportunity in time for those participating in the event, but mathematically, it would be sound following universal laws.

Been there, Done that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am 
Cruiserweight

manny was just too careless, it was unreal already...

it was an awesome punch i think, no way it was a lucky one... pero sobrang lakas lang, nakakapag duda.

Soon as we learn to fly, watch out you damn birds we takin the skies!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am 
Welterweight

lucky punch kasi tumama pa kay pacman eh patapos na ung tatlong minuto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am 
Lightweight

tama!! lessthan 10 sec. nalang nadale pa sya,,..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Heavyweight

Can't wait for those test results to come out :bounce1:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:21 am 
Heavyweight

cos manny himself said so.
hanapin niyo na lang link nung article. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 am 
Middleweight

JAXAN wrote:
'I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as lucky punch. Marquez trained hard for four months while Pacquiao spent only six weeks in camp and likes the limelight.

It was definitely luck. He had the luck to have a fourth fight and chance to knock Pacquiao out. He also had the luck to be stronger than ever before he was 39 years old. Even Pacquiao said that that it was a lucky punch. hehehe!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 am 
Heavyweight

even Pacquiao said it was a lucky punch.

i don't believe it was, but there's gotta be some element of luck for it to have worked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:38 am 
Featherweight

"Every punch is thrown with bad intentions" No Lucky Punch. If MP didn't go down with that punch, what do you call it then? .. fruit punch? :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:48 am 
Middleweight

radeon wrote:
cos manny himself said so.
hanapin niyo na lang link nung article. :D

Search what Manny said right after the fight. He never said anything about a lucky punch at the time.

The "lucky punch" idea came after he had discussions with his entourage and handlers and Philippine media. It's people trying to make sense and finding an excuse how something like this could've happened.

Look at Pacquiao's interview with US based media versus Philippine media. With the US media, he gave full credit to Marquez, not even questioning his power and strength. But when he is with his kababayans he uses the words "na lucky punch lang tayo".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 am 
Heavyweight

Philippines' Pacquiao promises to 'rise again'

The Philippines boxing icon Manny Pacquiao vowed to "rise again" as he flew home Wednesday after a brutal knockout defeat that prompted some fans and experts to urge him to retire.

"Don't worry, we will rise again,"
he told well-wishers as arrived in Manila from the United States, where he suffered his second consecutive loss with a sixth-round knockout by Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez on Saturday.

Pacquiao, who has 54 wins, five defeats and two draws in nearly 18 years in the pro ring, had lost his World Boxing Organization welterweight crown in June on a controversial points decision to unbeaten US fighter Timothy Bradley.

But retirement appeared far from the mind of Pacquiao, who turns 34 on Monday and was once regarded as the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

"I watched a replay of my fight and I am satisfied with my movement," said Pacquiao.

"I was fighting very well from the first to the sixth round. I was moving well. It was just that I got hit with a lucky punch on the last second of the round."

Pacquiao, who on Wednesday also announced he was donating 10 million peso ($244,000) to the victims of a typhoon which devastated the country's south last week, said he had been looking to finish off Marquez by the eighth round.

"The way the fight was going, there was no way it would have reached the 12th round," he said.

He cited how he had broken the Mexican's nose, leaving him with breathing difficulties that Pacquiao claimed had forced his foe to remove his mouthpiece at one point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 am 
Heavyweight

I guess it depends how you define "lucky" punch. :?
Sorry, but Pac got a little careless in that last 10 seconds.
He should have not double pumped and jump in straight inside Juan with his head wide open.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next