Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 am 
Heavyweight

they have accepted reality. in fact, they are happy again because Nonitz KTFO'd Arce.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

FixMe wrote:
Just accept it guys. Look he promised not to underestimate marquez and what happened? He promised to practice hard but again he was late 2 weeks in training camp. Pacs era is over. Lets just focus on what we still have in boxing like donaire. Pac cant pull the trigger anymore. He cant wait for politics thats why he got KOd. He wants to make a political dynasty. Its clear that we have to say goodbye to pacmans boxing career. He cant even take hard punch anymore. He is too old now.

don't celebrate too soon pac will comeback for the v and pac will rise again. it's not the end of the story yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 am 
Cruiserweight

FixMe wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
FixMe wrote:

He can never be focused again. And thats his choice.

Ouch!
He couldn't dedicate full 8-weeks for the fight w/out distractions.

Thats what im saying. He always break his promise to us fans.

Also, don't forget that he made you FANS wait 40 minutes while he finished watching basketball before the Bradley fight. That shows lack of focus and what Larry Merchant called "arrogance".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 am 
Light Heavyweight

BOXING is a very dangerous sport. Pac really need to DEDICATE himself to the sport and it's a MUST. Otherwise his just RISKING his health.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2012-12- ... over-manny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 am 
Cruiserweight

In this week's Sports Ilustrated, the sports writer commenting on the fight wrote that boxing is a dangerous sport and a boxer pays a deadly price for losing a step. Like Roy Jones, who lost a step and became half-second slower, all of sudden, became hittable. On HBO's reality show on Freddie Roach, Roach was asked as to why or how Manny Pacquiao developed a strong chin. "His mental tougness", Roach replied. Why is it that Manny Pacquaio could no longer take Marquez' best punch? Pacquiao was also knockdown in the 3rd round. Steroids??? Or did Pacquaio lose his "mental toughness" as was the reason, according to Roach, for Pacquiao's ability to take a punch? Did Pacquiao lose his mental toughness due to nightly bible studies and all of these distractions? Afterall, his entourage has now grown to 150!!! He, also, has to feed all of these people which is probably why he'll continue fighting.

Last edited by Babyface on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:39 am 
Heavyweight

FixMe wrote:
Manny Pacquiao's boxing career is over. After that brutal knockout he can never rise again. Being a part time boxer and not taking it seriously will cost you a lot especially with this kind of dangerous sport. Pac is too old to make a comeback. Pacmans declining moment is very obvious. Lets just appreciate what he had done in boxing. He made us known in every part of the world. Thats it for him. Donaire is the present. Let us all support the flash.

Quote:
After that brutal knockout he can never rise again

"NEVER?" why use such a strong word? PacMan been there, done that. I look back to how he man handled Marquez before round 6. He can still beat any TOP welterweight champion. NEVER is only for the losers, too negative to me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:

"NEVER?" why use such a strong word? PacMan been there, done that. I look back to how he man handled Marquez before round 6. He can still beat any TOP welterweight champion. NEVER is only for the losers, too negative to me.

You have to remember buddy that Pac is NOT getting any younger anymore. He's 34 now not 23 when he got knockout in the LOWER weight class.

Plus he's just only a PART-TIME boxer and with all the commitments he's having right now, I doubt if he can really DEDICATE and FOCUS on his training while doing all those UNNECESSARY extra-curricular activities.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:49 am 
Heavyweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:

lf he cannot dedicate his mind to training,
he is only risking himself to injury and further humiliation.
Tyson came back, Ali came back, Duran came back,
the difference lies in the way they prepared themselves for their comeback and succeeding fights.
How many of them have lifestyles and obligations similar to Manny?
Showbiz, politics, religious, etc..?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 am 
Heavyweight

jamsky wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:

You have to remember buddy that Pac is NOT getting any younger anymore. He's 34 now not 23 when he got knockout in the LOWER weight class.

Plus he's just only a PART-TIME boxer and with all the commitments he's having right now, I doubt if he can really DEDICATE and FOCUS on his training while doing all those UNNECESSARY extra-curricular activities.

Marquez is 39 y/o isn't he? Compared to JMM, Pacman is just warming up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:23 am 
Heavyweight

kajo wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:

lf he cannot dedicate his mind to training,
he is only risking himself to injury and further humiliation.
Tyson came back, Ali came back, Duran came back,
the difference lies in the way they prepared themselves for their comeback and succeeding fights.
How many of them have lifestyles and obligations similar to Manny?
Showbiz, politics, religious, etc..?

If PacMan can see his KO loss as a learning experience, he'll find a way to come back to the TOP. I believe this is not his end. He will probably take 2 to 4 more fights before he calls it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

Nonito Donaire did not KO the Great Arce of the early 2000s, he had subdued a measurably slowed down and declining fighter. Manny Pacquiao, in spite of the short training regimen and ill-preparedness that can be attributed to it, has had his moments and in fact was leading on all cards till that last few dying seconds of the 6th round. A well-focussed Manny can definitely bounce back, pull himself together, defeat convincingly the present crops of Welterweight division starting from Bradley and the recent tormentor himself, Juan Manuel Marquez. Real life is a drama. Let us watch the real ones in acted by Manny himself, not one of those forgettable flicks that was produced, directed and scripted by a run-of-the mill, low budgeted movie production he has starred in. Now, hand me over my pop corn, please...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 am 
Middleweight

tHeJoKeR wrote:
You guys must remember PAC was leading the fight until the big one.

Therefore Pac still has it ok???

and look at JMM's face even under Roids???lol

True, Pac was leading at the score cards until that fated one punch or should I say lucky punch. It’s not yet over for Manny if he consider re-dedicating himself in sole boxing…without any kinds of distraction.
JMM trained for more than four months with Heredia alongside while Pac train for only two months plus a damaging distractions within sight but still Pac managed to slightly disfigured JMM face and even scored a KD. Pac speed, reflexes and power are still there and it might be a TKO victory for Pac if it goes beyond that stunning six rounds coz Pac will surely pummeling the facial features of JMM into carnage.
Well anyway a loss of Pac is a legit loss and a win by JMM is a win, kudos to JMM in that particular fourth fight.
I'm sure Manny will bounce back and will rise again. Prepare for another surprises next year! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am 
Cruiserweight

JCBeacon wrote:
Nonito Donaire did not KO the Great Arce of the early 2000s, he had subdued a measurably slowed down and declining fighter. Manny Pacquiao, in spite of the short training regimen and ill-preparedness that can be attributed to it, has had his moments and in fact was leading on all cards till that last few dying seconds of the 6th round. A well-focussed Manny can definitely bounce back, pull himself together, defeat convincingly the present crops of Welterweight division starting from Bradley and the recent tormentor himself, Juan Manuel Marquez. Real life is a drama. Let us watch the real ones in acted by Manny himself, not one of those forgettable flicks that was produced, directed and scripted by a run-of-the mill, low budgeted movie production he has starred in. Now, hand me over my pop corn, please...

Not to mention Arce have had about 70 fights, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

chiktoferken wrote:
Pacquiao loses because he changed his faith. take note that he achieved his fame and fortune when he was still a devout catholic and still wearing his rosary. His downfall started when he turned his back to his old religion and barely beat Marquez in their 3rd encounter, followed by his setback with Bradley. Finally, his devastating loss yesterday. If you notice, Pacquiao doesnt wear his rosary anymore and was not making his usual sign of the cross before the bell rang in each round. It's the power of rosary that help pacquiao achieved his lofty status but when he abandoned it, his power also diminished. I believed that Pacquiao should return to the fold of Roman Catholic to regain his winning tradition. :mrgreen:

you have a point.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 am 
Light Heavyweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
jamsky wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:

Marquez is 39 y/o isn't he? Compared to JMM, Pacman is just warming up.

You don't get it don't you?

JMM is 39 BUT he trains like a BEAST! Like there's no tomorrow.

While PAC is just a part-time boxer only trains for only FEW weeks and has a LOT of DISTRACTIONS during training.

39 y/o that is fully dedicated to boxing or 34 y/o that is not focused on boxing?

Now who do you think has a better outcome?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next