Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

ELECTIONS is upcoming, and for sure a lot of Leeches, and Pac hangers on will try to help Pacman w/ the campaign and everything.... Or "help" is it? Money or Manny will be spending "a lot" for this elections and FOR SURE MILLIONS will be SPENT just for the ELECTION CAMPAIGN for ADDITIONAL MONEY NEEDED for this.. Is manny being USED by others not concerned ABOUT HIS HEALTH but their 'PARASITE" Tactics to Lure manny to fight and EARN ADDT'L DOUGH for the campaign in this elections and also probably for of course additional BALATO and Campaign Expenses? :shock: YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE' 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm 
Heavyweight

in my own opinion...every professional boxer is fighting for the money...winning a belt is just a bargaining chip. with Pacquiao's stature in the boxing world, money is money

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 pm 
Heavyweight

He must keep on fighting fired up by his increasing bills and maintenance he just can't stop boxing until boxing will stop him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 am 
Cruiserweight

Boxing is also called PRIZE FIGHTING as well.

In respect to the qualifier in your sentence "just"

If I was knocked out in the Fashion Pacquiao was, I would want to return as soon as possible to erase that DEMON.

"It's not how many times you get knocked down that counts, it how many times you get back up"

"If you get bucked off a Horse, Immediately hop right back on lest you lose your nerve to ever ride again."

If you didn't suffer any real TANGIBLE physical damage from the knockout, why wait around and have that
image of you getting knocked out marinate in your psyche for nearly a year?

Any real competitor would either RETIRE and call it quits or want to get back in the Ring and Exercise that Demon!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:01 am 
Middleweight

At the level of recognition that he is at now along with the upcoming elections, of course.

Manny has already become a victim of his own ambition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:20 am 
Heavyweight

He sounds desperate, so money is the main objective I think.
There is no glory in tune-up bouts.
Sadly, Arum has been robbing him for years.
If you think Pac made close to $20M in his last fight, think again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 am 
Heavyweight

He is always fighting for money plus he doesn't even want to insist to Arum to fight in the philippines for the april fight because of the concern that he won't make as much money and he wants to go into the elections with his winning image restored if he fights in april and wins.

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 am 
Heavyweight

change mind na si Pacman sa rizal memorial nalang daw, pera din naman yan.....I guess he finally realized that he has no other choice cause singapore, macau dubai are out.

Pacquiao eyes Rizal Memorial fight in April

MANILA, Philippines – Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao insists that he wants to make a ring return in April despite of lack of venues that could play host to his bout.

Pacquiao has already sent his adviser Michael Koncz to Singapore to check possible locations where his fight could be staged.

The fighting congressman told ABS-CBN News that if there’s no available venue in Singapore, then they might hold the fight at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila.

“Nakasanayan na April [lumalaban tayo],” said the Filipino boxer. “Sisikapin natin na [dito gawin] sa Pilipinas. Kung dito sa Pilipinas, baka sa Rizal Memorial Stadium.”

His promoter, Bob Arum, earlier said that it is unlikely for them to stage a fight in April because of the unavailability of ideal locations for Pacquiao’s bout.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/01/18 ... ight-april

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:18 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
change mind na si Pacman sa rizal memorial nalang daw, pera din naman yan.....I guess he finally realized that he has no other choice cause singapore, macau dubai are out.

MANILA, Philippines – Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao insists that he wants to make a ring return in April despite of lack of venues that could play host to his bout.

Pacquiao has already sent his adviser Michael Koncz to Singapore to check possible locations where his fight could be staged.

The fighting congressman told ABS-CBN News that if there’s no available venue in Singapore, then they might hold the fight at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila.

“Nakasanayan na April [lumalaban tayo],” said the Filipino boxer. “Sisikapin natin na [dito gawin] sa Pilipinas. Kung dito sa Pilipinas, baka sa Rizal Memorial Stadium.”

His promoter, Bob Arum, earlier said that it is unlikely for them to stage a fight in April because of the unavailability of ideal locations for Pacquiao’s bout.

Memo to Pac, 3-month planning is not good.
He's not some lowly boxing fighting for chump change.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 am 
Cruiserweight

Who is the patsy that he is fighting in the Philippines?

What if Pac loses to a lesser fighter?

I think that's why PT Arum wants to forego a tune-up and just fight Marquez again.
He knows Pac is in a steady decline and Arum himself always criticizes Pac's rust and sluggishness in every training camp.
If Pac loses in a tune-up, he's done and can't draw as much money again. Everybody loses money especially Arum, the promoter/profiteer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 am 
Heavyweight

Fists_of_Fury wrote:
Who is the patsy that he is fighting in the Philippines?

What if Pac loses to a lesser fighter?

I think that's why PT Arum wants to forego a tune-up and just fight Marquez again.
He knows Pac is in a steady decline and Arum himself always criticizes Pac's rust and sluggishness in every training camp.
If Pac loses in a tune-up, he's done and can't draw as much money again. Everybody loses money especially Arum, the promoter/profiteer.

Pac-Morales IV.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 am 
Cruiserweight

I would agree with JOEYinCALI that there is a risk if MANNY were to lose or be quite lackluster in a tune up bout

that it would negatively impact the PPV sales of a Fifth Fight with Marquez which at this moment I do believe

would generate over 1 Million Pay Per view Buys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 am 
Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:
I would agree with JOEYinCALI that there is a risk if MANNY were to lose or be quite lackluster in a tune up bout

that it would negatively impact the PPV sales of a Fifth Fight with Marquez which at this moment I do believe

would generate over 1 Million Pay Per view Buys

not only that but JMM will have more reason to ask for the bigger piece of the pie if Pacman loses his tune up bout. Three losses in a row and you expect to be paid more?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:28 am 
Heavyweight

bob does not want the april bout and dubbed it unnecessary.

but pac seems desperate to fight asap. :?

he needs election money? :?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
fil79 wrote:

Memo to Pac, 3-month planning is not good.
He's not some lowly boxing fighting for chump change.

memo herdia?