Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:58 pm 
Middleweight

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/12/jinkee-i-dont-want-pacquiao-to-end-up-in-a-wheel-chair/

Quote:
JINKEE: I DON'T WANT PACQUIAO TO END UP IN A WHEEL CHAIR

By Allan Fox:

Jinkee, the wife of former 8 division world champion Manny Pacquiao, wants him to get out of the sport before he gets really hurt. Jinkee was shocked and worried at seeing Manny knocked unconscious by Juan Manuel Marquez in their fight two weeks ago in Las Vegas, Nevada, and she worries that Pacquiao could end up in a wheelchair the next time he gets knocked out by Marquez.

She wants to avoid the risk and have Pacquiao retire from boxing. She’s leaving he decision up to him, but she’s hoping that he agrees to hang up his gloves before he gets seriously hurt.

Jinkee told the Dailystar.co.uk “It’s the first time I’ve seen him like that…There is nothing for him to prove…I want him to stop now…boxers risk their lives and some end up in wheelchairs. I don’t that to happen to Manny. I want him to finish.”

Pacquiao has already told his promoter Bob Arum that he’ll fight Marquez in a rematch next year if he wants him to, and Arum appears to want to see that fight because he’s already taking about the kind of interest that it’ll generate with boxing fans.

The Pacquiao-Marquez 4 fight thus far has generated 1.15 million buys, and those aren’t even the final numbers. It could go as high as 1.4 million PPV buys.

A rematch between them could go even higher because boxing fans want to see if Pacquiao avenge his defeat, and other fans want to see if Marquez can knock Pacquiao out again.

There is some cause for concern about Pacquiao’s health because he was knocked out for 2 minutes from a right hand from Marquez in the 6th. When you get knocked out like that anything is possible in future fights, especially the next fight.

Pacquiao is going to be going up against a guy who now punches a lot harder than before, and who will be looking to connect with as hard a shot as possible to see if he can knock Pacquiao out again and possibly get a 6th fight with him.

Jinkee likely won’t push Pacquiao into retirement. She’s going to tell him how she feels, and then let him make the decision. I don’t think Pacquiao wants to end his career on a loss like that.

I also don’t think he wants to walk away from a sport that’s making him $25 million per fight. He’s not going to make that kind of money after he retires from the sport, so he needs to get as much money as he can before it’s all over.

Not too long ago, during the Pacquiao vs. JMM 3, Pacquiao was at his strongest and was already very much comfortable at welterweight while Marquez being older at 38 years old, had the disadvantage of moving up to two weight divisions just to challenge his arch nemesis. Many hardcore Pacquiao fanatics thought that Pacquiao will just bulldoze his way with Marquez ending up in a hospital. The result was a majority decision favoring Pacquiao, disappointing many fans who were expecting none less than a stellar KO.

Fast forward and another match later, the situation was reversed. Marquez sent Pacquiao crashing on the canvass on their fourth fight and the latter was sent to the hospital. Now Pacquiao's family has been really concerned about his health after that devastating KO by Marquez. A healthy Pacquiao is more important to his family, friends and fans more than ever.

It's sad to think that there is so much to be concerned about Pacquiao's health after that brutal KO. I would like to agree right now that retirement is really the best option. Seeing his family worry so much about his health also saddens everybody who became his fans.

Pacquiao has nothing further to prove inside the ring and there is no shame in losing to JMM, one of the elite top P4P fighter of all time and one of the best, if not the best counterpuncher of all time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 am 
Heavyweight

That wheel chair may be handy later in his political career. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:06 am 
Cruiserweight

When Manny Pacquiao started his boxing career, he was a lonely boy, alone in the loud noises of Metro Manila.
But this poor boy from General Santos city found solace in a nearby church where he always prayed.
Manny Pacquiao was a devout Catholic and a God -fearing person at his young age.
Like King David in the old testament, Manny Pacquiao was destined for greatness.

Manny Pacquiao has found favor from God and so his prayers have been answered.
God answered Pacquiao's prayer way more than he could imagine.
Manny Pacquiao has become one of the richest athlete in the Philippines, if not the richest.
Manny Pacquiao has become boxing's pound for pound king for so many years.

I personally, have never imagine, even in my wildest dream , that a small Filipino could rule the boxing world.
It's seems like I was living in a dream everytime Manny Pacquiao conquer yet another oponent
thereby maintaing his number one position in the boxing world. I always pray to God and thank Him
for the victories that He has provided to our Philippine hero, our Pambansang Kamao.

I have seen how Manny Pacquiao helped the poor in his home town. He also built a huge Catholic church
in his place where his people can praise God. Manny Pacquiao seem so invinsible that even oponent that
are way bigger than him could never hurt. I firmly believe that Manny Pacquiao's strength comes from God.
The Holy Rosary that he wears everytime he fights protects him from danger.

The signing of the cross give Manny Pacquiao a rythm everytime he fights in the ring.
I have noticed many times before that everytime Pacquiao is hit by a solid punch, he makes the
sign of the cross and that punch would never affect him. I firmly believe that as long as Manny Pacquiao
wears that Holy Rosary, he will continue to become invincible in the ring until he retires.

But what I have noticed last December 8, Manny Pacquiao was no longer wearing the Holy Rosary.
Manny Pacquiao also abandoned the signing of the cross. I was really surprised why Manny Pacquiao
changed his original faith. The faith that has found him favor in God's eyes.
In this fight Manny Pacquiao has become so vulnerable. Every punch that his oponent threw hurt him

Marquez has been never known to be a one punch KO artist. And his punches has never hurt Manny Pacquiao
before in their last three fights. But how come, Marquez seems to hurt Pacquiao with every punches this time.
The answer can be explain in the power of the cross. Pacquiao does not believe in the power of the cross anymore
while Marquez still believes in it. Marquez was the one wearing the Holy Rosary on the day of the feast of Immaculate Conception. And although I am a very big Manny Pacquiao fan, I know that Marquez has found favor in God's eyes in that particular fight.

The most important question for me right now is that, why did Manny Pacquiao has changed his original faith- the Holy Catholic Church. These born again pastors have brainwashed Manny Pacquiao to join them. But where were these born again pastors when Manny Pacquiao was just starting with his boxing career? I bet even if they saw Pacquiao early in his career they won't be interested in asking him to join them because Pacquiao was not rich and famous then.

I firmly believe that the reason why these born again Pastors are swarmimg around Pacquiao right now is because of his fame and money. Father Marlon, a Catholic priest, and Pacquiao's spiritual adviser before has never ask anything from Pacquiao. But these born again Partors are just after Manny Pacquiao's money. And I guarantee you, that when time comes
when Manny Pacquiao starts to fall and will no longer be rich and famous, these born again Pastors that are swarming around Pacquiao right now will start to distance away from him. And the Catholic church will once again welcome Manny Pacquiao with open arms just like when he first started his boxing career...

I hope and pray that Manny Pacquiao will come back to Catholic faith.
Because, as long as Manny Pacquiao will continue to deny the power of the Cross,
and will continue to refuse to wear the Holy Rosary, Pacquiao will continue to become vulnerable.
And even if it hurts me so much, I think Manny Pacquiao will suffer another knock out loss in his
next fight if he continue to abandon his original faith. The faith that has given him success for so many long years!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 am 
Middleweight

10cc wrote:
That wheel chair may be handy later in his political career. :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 am 
Cruiserweight

Manny Pacquiao must get rid of these Pestors in his life!

And focus on boxing like he used to do before!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:15 am 
Middleweight

Churchill was in a wheelchair and he was Britain's greatest Politician!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:27 am 
Middleweight

CPK-MB wrote:
Manny Pacquiao must get rid of these Pestors in his life!

And focus on boxing like he used to do before!

i agree....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:49 am 
Heavyweight

DaBoxer wrote:

good point but Pacquiao is no Churchill, Churchill was frank, highly educated, a statesman and to the point very unlike Pacman.

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 am 
Heavyweight

why would somebody say that the catholic faith is better as per Pacquiao's case? i think that faith is more important than any religious sect or the signing of the cross. am quite sure that there is some reason why Manny lost and not because he became a non-catholic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 am 
Heavyweight

IGOROT wrote:
why would somebody say that the catholic faith is better as per Pacquiao's case? i think that faith is more important than any religious sect or the signing of the cross. am quite sure that there is some reason wnnyhy Manny lost and not because he became a non-catholic

yup Morales, Barrera, JMM, Larios, Cotto, Margarito we're all catholics too yet they lost to pacman...does that mean that God plays favorites among his catholic believers? perosnally I think God has more important things to worry about and tend to other than a sporting event that involves tons of money and gambling. 8)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:24 am 
Lightweight

Personally i think manny should retire from boxing. Boxing is a demanding sport and when you don't dedicate the time and effort sooner or later it will catch up to you. Boxing cant be a part time sport, you have to constantly be in the gym training. Great fighters have more discipline than good fighters and watching his last few fights his discipline hasn't been there. From his training camps to his fights he's been getting careless in the ring and it caught up to him in his last fight. I would prefer he retire so he doesn't get ko'd again by some no name fighter. If he decides to fight jmm again, i don't think he will beat him cause jmm has him well timed and studied. A fight with fmj i don't think means the same anymore so really there is no one else to fight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:35 am 
Heavyweight

DaBoxer wrote:

churchill was not merely a politician. he was a great statesman.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:54 am 
Cruiserweight

I hate to say it but if women decided what a man's going to do nothing would be accomplished in this world. This is why some fighters don't let their women watch their fights in person. Can you imagine the amount of nagging Manny is getting not only from his wife but his mom as well? Just give your advice and let your man decide for himself. No one should get involved in the decision-making process your profession outside of your trusted colleagues... in this case, Manny should only be listening to Freddie and Buboy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:59 am 
Welterweight

I don't want Manny to retire as a KO loser. After all, you're only s good as your last fight. But honestly, if he can't be 100% commited to the sport, why continue boxing? If he doesn't want to listen to his strength and conditioning coach and would rather spend time singing with pastors, then he should just retire. At his age, talent alone will not be enough to win fights anymore especially if he's facing top competition.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:37 am 
Heavyweight

CPK-MB wrote:
When Manny Pacquiao started his boxing career, he was a lonely boy, alone in the loud noises of Metro Manila.
But this poor boy from General Santos city found solace in a nearby church where he always prayed.
Manny Pacquiao was a devout Catholic and a God -fearing person at his young age.
Like King David in the old testament, Manny Pacquiao was destined for greatness.

Manny Pacquiao has found favor from God and so his prayers have been answered.
God answered Pacquiao's prayer way more than he could imagine.
Manny Pacquiao has become one of the richest athlete in the Philippines, if not the richest.
Manny Pacquiao has become boxing's pound for pound king for so many years.

I personally, have never imagine, even in my wildest dream , that a small Filipino could rule the boxing world.
It's seems like I was living in a dream everytime Manny Pacquiao conquer yet another oponent
thereby maintaing his number one position in the boxing world. I always pray to God and thank Him
for the victories that He has provided to our Philippine hero, our Pambansang Kamao.

I have seen how Manny Pacquiao helped the poor in his home town. He also built a huge Catholic church
in his place where his people can praise God. Manny Pacquiao seem so invinsible that even oponent that
are way bigger than him could never hurt. I firmly believe that Manny Pacquiao's strength comes from God.
The Holy Rosary that he wears everytime he fights protects him from danger.

The signing of the cross give Manny Pacquiao a rythm everytime he fights in the ring.
I have noticed many times before that everytime Pacquiao is hit by a solid punch, he makes the
sign of the cross and that punch would never affect him. I firmly believe that as long as Manny Pacquiao
wears that Holy Rosary, he will continue to become invincible in the ring until he retires.

But what I have noticed last December 8, Manny Pacquiao was no longer wearing the Holy Rosary.
Manny Pacquiao also abandoned the signing of the cross. I was really surprised why Manny Pacquiao
changed his original faith. The faith that has found him favor in God's eyes.
In this fight Manny Pacquiao has become so vulnerable. Every punch that his oponent threw hurt him

Marquez has been never known to be a one punch KO artist. And his punches has never hurt Manny Pacquiao
before in their last three fights. But how come, Marquez seems to hurt Pacquiao with every punches this time.
The answer can be explain in the power of the cross. Pacquiao does not believe in the power of the cross anymore
while Marquez still believes in it. Marquez was the one wearing the Holy Rosary on the day of the feast of Immaculate Conception. And although I am a very big Manny Pacquiao fan, I know that Marquez has found favor in God's eyes in that particular fight.

The most important question for me right now is that, why did Manny Pacquiao has changed his original faith- the Holy Catholic Church. These born again pastors have brainwashed Manny Pacquiao to join them. But where were these born again pastors when Manny Pacquiao was just starting with his boxing career? I bet even if they saw Pacquiao early in his career they won't be interested in asking him to join them because Pacquiao was not rich and famous then.

I firmly believe that the reason why these born again Pastors are swarmimg around Pacquiao right now is because of his fame and money. Father Marlon, a Catholic priest, and Pacquiao's spiritual adviser before has never ask anything from Pacquiao. But these born again Partors are just after Manny Pacquiao's money. And I guarantee you, that when time comes
when Manny Pacquiao starts to fall and will no longer be rich and famous, these born again Pastors that are swarming around Pacquiao right now will start to distance away from him. And the Catholic church will once again welcome Manny Pacquiao with open arms just like when he first started his boxing career...

I hope and pray that Manny Pacquiao will come back to Catholic faith.
Because, as long as Manny Pacquiao will continue to deny the power of the Cross,
and will continue to refuse to wear the Holy Rosary, Pacquiao will continue to become vulnerable.
And even if it hurts me so much, I think Manny Pacquiao will suffer another knock out loss in his
next fight if he continue to abandon his original faith. The faith that has given him success for so many long years!

Exactly my thoughts Bro. In his next fight, its as if he'll be fighting the Virgin Mary. Will Manny choose Sept.7, 2013, which will be Sept. 8 here in the Philippines? It will be the birthday of Our Blessed Virgin Mother. Another thing. Isn't Manny a victim of Budol-budol or Hypnotism by these Pestors. Why doesn't he alize what's going on with his life, in his house? :bigeyes: