Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:33 pm
Posts: 1818
TS, If he is not thinking, He would not be whre he is now..

_________________
PINOY AKO !
SUMUSUNOD AKO SA BATAS TRAPIKO
WALA AKONG WANG WANG
HINDI AKO NAGKA COUNTER FLOW!!!

SANA IKAW RIN PINOY !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 pm
Posts: 1698
fmalcos wrote:
TS, If he is not thinking, He would not be whre he is now..



He was thinking correctly before...but now? His thoughts are pointed to other directions. He thinks like a politician because he is into politics; and like a preacher because he has illusions. The good thing is - sometimes he thinks like a boxer because he needs the money to be used for politics and for the greedy pastors.

_________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 6791
pranzer wrote:
It all depends on the What and How.

For example: What is he thinking?
Ans.: He thinks he is a political kingpin in Saranggani and a persuasive preacher.

How does he think?
Ans.: He thinks all the time about politics and religion... in training... during the fight... and even when asleep.

That, I must say makes him a thinking boxer.

what he was thinking then is not the same as of what he's thinking now.
before, he used to think only of the championship that meant more food on
his table and money for their daily subsistence. but now, there's a wide array
of things that his mind is so busy thinking about: showbiz, politics, management
of business ventures etc. etc. etc.

do you think these stressful things are not affecting his health as a boxer? you decide.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 pm
Posts: 1698
dominic wrote:
pranzer wrote:
It all depends on the What and How.

For example: What is he thinking?
Ans.: He thinks he is a political kingpin in Saranggani and a persuasive preacher.

How does he think?
Ans.: He thinks all the time about politics and religion... in training... during the fight... and even when asleep.

That, I must say makes him a 'thinking' boxer.

what he was thinking then is not the same as of what he's thinking now.
before, he used to think only of the championship that meant more food on
his table and money for their daily subsistence. but now, there's a wide array
of things that his mind is so busy thinking about: showbiz, politics, management
of business ventures etc. etc. etc.

do you think these stressful things are not affecting his health as a boxer? you decide.



Sorry but I was satirical about his 'thinking'. If you read between the lines I actually agree with you.

_________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 7288
Location: Here There & Everywhere
Right now after that devastating loss, yes. He's now doing a lot of thinking. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 am
Posts: 1453
Location: DXB
Manny Knows. Yes he thinks. However, at the latter part of the 6th round, his thinking was a miscalculation of the attack. Suddenly it went off. Good to know his mind was able to restart.

_________________
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven (KJV)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 am
Posts: 125
Yes , in fact he was thingking and while he was thingking Marquez is hitting him , the last punch knocks him out. :lol:

No i think he relies so much on speed and agressiveness, not so much of analytical fighter. Like it or not a boxers reflexes dissapears first before their mind accept the fact that its gone , if you look back on the second fight marquez vs pacman , marquez was going and throw his right hand and pacman with automatic left hand knocks down marquez , on 3 and 4 pacman dont have that quick left hand anymore , there where alot of chances where marquez throw his right and was open for the left but he was hesitating .Its only a matter of time when the mind agrees to their body that its gone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 5:30 am
Posts: 7729
Location: Riyadh, KSA.
Sure he is. He can't be an 8 division champ and boxer of the decade if he only relies on speed and power. Tyson, Hearns and even Duran have both power and speed, but they can't even get the coveted boxer of the the decade title.

IMO there's no active thinking boxer at present who can equal Pac's record except our very own Nonito. With his built, skills and current 4 division belts, I think he is capable to even that record if not break it.

Well that's only me, and I am not Nonitards. :)

_________________
"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? -Mark 8:36


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Posts: 1739
Location: Manila, Philippines
Aspen wrote:
i think manny relies on his speed and power but thinking inside the ring is a big question.


I think he is thinking and you are not...what a silly question...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 382
rjunz1 wrote:
Aspen wrote:
i think manny relies on his speed and power but thinking inside the ring is a big question.


I think he is thinking and you are not...what a silly question...

it is not a silly question. your reply is.

manny defeat his foes by pure aggression, speed and strength but there are boxers like nonito, floyd who uses both mind and skills.

_________________
winning is everything...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:23 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Posts: 1739
Location: Manila, Philippines
Aspen wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:
Aspen wrote:
i think manny relies on his speed and power but thinking inside the ring is a big question.


I think he is thinking and you are not...what a silly question...

it is not a silly question. your reply is.

manny defeat his foes by pure aggression, speed and strength but there are boxers like nonito, floyd who uses both mind and skills.


He can't be that great if hes all relied by those aspects...pls think over and over again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:03 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:24 am
Posts: 1855
Definitely Manny is a thinking boxer.

Ang dami niyang iniisip:
- Politics
- Showbiz
- Singing engagements
- Born Again sessions
- Bible reading
- Mayweather super fight
- Commercial endorsements
- Typhoon calamities
- Jimmy Kimmel appearance
- Family problems
- Business ventures
- Securities
- Parasite friends and alike
- MP Boxing promotions
- etc, etc, etc

That's a lot of thinking to do.

_________________
Pag Gusto May Paraan, Pag Ayaw May Dahilan!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:06 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:39 am
Posts: 2315
barakongbaog wrote:
Definitely Manny is a thinking boxer.

Ang dami niyang iniisip:
- Politics
- Showbiz
- Singing engagements
- Born Again sessions
- Bible reading
- Mayweather super fight
- Commercial endorsements
- Typhoon calamities
- Jimmy Kimmel appearance
- Family problems
- Business ventures
- Securities
- Parasite friends and alike
- MP Boxing promotions
- etc, etc, etc

That's a lot of thinking to do.



Let me add some more:

Koncz and Buboy's case in Las Vegas.

LOL!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group