Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:35 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:45 pm
Posts: 4576
Location: LA guna
johnnyj wrote:
for what? beating over the hill hall of famers, floyds leftovers, and catchweight titles
pactards :finger:


may masabi ka lang totoy :)

_________________
He's (Pac) being insulted and accused of wrongdoing because he's so good. - Larry Merchant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 1187
BEELZEBUB wrote:
BEELZEBUB wrote:
johnnyj wrote:
for what? beating over the hill hall of famers, floyds leftovers, and catchweight titles
pactards :finger:



botom line is, your fighter Juanita would never beat the same fighters that Pac beat...
even Ali was K O'ed by Frazier, that one fight didn't make Frazier better than Ali...


floyd also fought pac's left overs...



Marquez is not floyd left over. Cotto fought Floyd at his comfortable weight 154 not at catch weight of 145.

Pacquiao fought De la hoya at 147 which made de la hoya an undernourished boxer. past his prime, cant pull the trigger and a floyds left over. Hatton also past his prime and floyds left over, so as mosley. Cotto is already a damaged good when pacquiao fought him and cotto was forced to drain himself at 145 instead of 147 or at 154. Clottey never fight. Diaz is a paper champion. Margarito never fought a year and came from a suspension. The fight also happened at 154.

The only credible fighter pacquiao fought is the feather fisted bradley, on his prime, young and undefeated. But, at 147 which is not bradleys home.

Im a filipino and a pacquiao fan, im just saying the truth that pactards cannot accept. Pacquiaos remarkable run is a product of great match making.

_________________
The best thing about
the future is that it only
comes one day at a
time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:12 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:45 pm
Posts: 4576
Location: LA guna
mauragon wrote:

Im a filipino and a pacquiao fan, im just saying the truth that pactards cannot accept. Pacquiaos remarkable run is a product of great match making.


Same also with Ali, ODLH, PBF, Sugar Ray etc their colorful careers were also a product of good matchmaking 8)

_________________
He's (Pac) being insulted and accused of wrongdoing because he's so good. - Larry Merchant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:20 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:39 am
Posts: 2315
rhad wrote:
mauragon wrote:

Im a filipino and a pacquiao fan, im just saying the truth that pactards cannot accept. Pacquiaos remarkable run is a product of great match making.


Same also with Ali, ODLH, PBF, Sugar Ray etc their colorful careers were also a product of good matchmaking 8)



Back in the days, boxing doesnt have politics than it is nowadays.

In the 60's, 70's, 80's, boxers fight each other. The best of the best.

Nowadays, it's more on a money-making sports. Whereas the promoters take good care of their cash-cows and make all the money out of 'em.

That's why boxing is on the decline compared to MMA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:43 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 1083
xpuncher wrote:
To All Paclanders and Critics:

First of all, let me greet you with Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

The subject above is of course debatable but let me say this, as a fan of our very own Manny Pacquaio, I do not look alone at his successes in the ring but on how he pulled himself out from the pit of poverty. With very little formal education, he competed in the larger arena where we all find ourselves to be in but with his determination and focus he made it ... and made us proud to be Pinoy once again. He is and until now the only 8 Division champion in the world, a fete that has never been previously achieved by anyone in the sport of boxing.

He suffered his first TKO loss to Torrecampo but he bounced back, registered his second TKO loss from a Thailander named Singsurat and likewise bounced back. When he was beaten fair and square by Eric Morales in their first encounter, he rose again to the challenge and he avenged his loss in a very exciting fashion with a TKO in their 2nd fight.

Manny's KO loss with Marquez is of course different from his previous losses because in his latest fight, he was put to sleep. How come then that I am of the opinion (and I stand by it) that his KO loss elevated him as GOAT? To support my view, I am quoting below an inspirational quote about defeat from the late US President Theodore Roosevelt.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt
[/color]
As we all may agree, in the Pacquiao vs Marquez IV, Manny promised an exciting fight and he delivered but in the process suffered a humiliating KO loss. If he were a selfish individual, he could have just boxed around and avoided putting himself in a great jeopardy and take home his millions. But Manny is Manny as we all know. He cares for the fans of boxing who pays hard-earned money to watch him either live or on PPVs so he did what he promised to deliver ... a real fight in the ring.

So going back to why I consider him GOAT after his KO loss, I say this because on not the way he demolished his opponents on his way up the ladder of boxing's greatness. I say this because of the way he carried himself in accepting a humiliating defeat which so many are claiming to be his downfall and clamoring for his retirement. I say this because of how he remained positive and still kept his faith in God despite of such event in his life. I say this because he gave credit to his conqueror and asked his fans to give credit to Marquez for his KO win.

And lastly, I say this because Manny cried in front of the whole world not because of the KO loss but because he feels that he disappointed us ... his fans in Pinas and all over the world.

God Bless Us All!


I totally agree with this one. Inner self being of Manny Pacquiao is the best quality of a Champion that couldn't see to many.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:46 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:11 pm
Posts: 1496
jamsky wrote:
rhad wrote:
mauragon wrote:

Im a filipino and a pacquiao fan, im just saying the truth that pactards cannot accept. Pacquiaos remarkable run is a product of great match making.


Same also with Ali, ODLH, PBF, Sugar Ray etc their colorful careers were also a product of good matchmaking 8)



Back in the days, boxing doesnt have politics than it is nowadays.

In the 60's, 70's, 80's, boxers fight each other. The best of the best.

Nowadays, it's more on a money-making sports. Whereas the promoters take good care of their cash-cows and make all the money out of 'em.

That's why boxing is on the decline compared to MMA.



I think your wrong, boxing was full of politics even in the 60,s...you just have to google it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:52 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 1083
Every body knows specially the expert made a statement. No matter how good athlete your are as long as sportsmanship and humility would not be present he/she can't be called real Champion.

Know how of accepting defeat is the most hardest opponent for those that aspiring to be a Champion in the world of sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:58 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 1083
To accept defeat despite of politics would be more to come out up to its reality as a champion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:45 pm
Posts: 4576
Location: LA guna
jamsky wrote:
rhad wrote:
mauragon wrote:

Im a filipino and a pacquiao fan, im just saying the truth that pactards cannot accept. Pacquiaos remarkable run is a product of great match making.


Same also with Ali, ODLH, PBF, Sugar Ray etc their colorful careers were also a product of good matchmaking 8)



Back in the days, boxing doesnt have politics than it is nowadays.

In the 60's, 70's, 80's, boxers fight each other. The best of the best.

Nowadays, it's more on a money-making sports. Whereas the promoters take good care of their cash-cows and make all the money out of 'em.

That's why boxing is on the decline compared to MMA.


Really who told you?

There were worse boxing controversies then compare nowadays don't you think politics was one of the cause of those
Hagler has been calling Leonard for so long to fight but the latter just ignore and waited for the right opportunity to fight
the former, don't you think his promoter has nothing to do with that?

Ali bounced back from a devastating loss from Frazier and Norton of course with the help of his promoter, Ali got 5M
in fighting Foreman you compare that in present value maybe it's 3 to 5x bigger.

That cash cow thing has been going on for decades, promoting/match making is the business side of the sport and they are making lots of money ever since.

You say boxing is on the decline, maybe one of the reason is politics. Politics is everywhere 8)

Excellent boxing skills + good match making = greatness, fame and fortune

_________________
He's (Pac) being insulted and accused of wrongdoing because he's so good. - Larry Merchant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:46 am
Posts: 607
mauragon wrote:
jamsky wrote:
mauragon wrote:
pactards to the max.. Pacquiaos achievements is a product of great matchmaking and excellent promotions.

at 135 Diaz was the weakest champion and was considered a paper champion.. He moved instantly at 147 to face De la hoya, past his prime and dehydrated who cannot even KD the father fisted forbes. He should have face other legitimate champion instead.

at 140, he faced fatton whos also the weakest among 140 champions. A mayweather left over.

at 147, cotto was also not the top dog at that weight. He also forced cotto to fight under his comfortable weight and was not the same cotto prior to the brutal loss he suffered against margarito. Neither Mosley and clottey were also the top dog at welterweight and both came from defeat.

at 154, Margarito was not also the top dog at that weight and justa came from a suspension. And the fight was not even at 154. its at 150.

In fairness to pacquio, his achievements at 130 and below is legitimate and no one should question it. At 135, 140, 147 and 154 its matchmaking. Therefore, Pacquiao can only be considered as four division champion if the basis would be the kind of competition.

His the only 8 division champion because weight classifications has been changed then.



I kinda agree with you a little bit with this one.

But same thing with Floyd, the reason why he is still undefeated is because of a good match making.

That's boxing right there bro, unlike MMA that the best fights the best.



floyds greatness is also tainted by avoiding the best in his career.

Floyds achievements is not purely a product of matchmaking. Infact he could have defeated fighters whom he avoided if he took the risk. He could have defeated Pacquiao, He could have defeated Williams and Martinez, and He could have defeated Margarito, Mosley and Cotto on thier primes. Floyd never took risk. He only fights if there is no risk involved and hes 100 percent sure that hes going to win. Hes the boss and the one who decides who he is going to fight.

Floyd has a great skills, his skills are excellent, and second to none. Its his heart that that separates him as an all time great. he is not a real warrior.

Lastly, i do believe De la hoya defeated him on that very close fight.


In the same token look at Marquez's victories they were against C & D fighters except for Pacquiao (tainted win) and a retirable Barrera who got cheated of a win. Let's just say he is the luckiest guy in the history of boxing just like Norton before him. Just a quick browse of Boxrec, Marquez's last 10 opponents are as follows (elites excluded):
1. Sergei Fedchenko (who?)
2. Likar Ramos
3. Michael Katsidis
4. Juan Diaz
5. Joel Casamayor
6. Rocky Juarez
7. Jimrex Jaca
8. Terdsak Kokietgym
9. Chris John
10. Victor Polo

It's a who's who list of nobodies and journeymen. It's an insult to the resumes of Latin boxers who even if they had lost against Pacquiao have far more credible opponents than the ones Marquez fought:
1. Dela Hoya
2. Barrera
3. Morales
4. Cotto
5. Margarito


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:05 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 2910
xpuncher wrote:
To All Paclanders and Critics:

First of all, let me greet you with Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

The subject above is of course debatable but let me say this, as a fan of our very own Manny Pacquaio, I do not look alone at his successes in the ring but on how he pulled himself out from the pit of poverty. With very little formal education, he competed in the larger arena where we all find ourselves to be in but with his determination and focus he made it ... and made us proud to be Pinoy once again. He is and until now the only 8 Division champion in the world, a fete that has never been previously achieved by anyone in the sport of boxing.

He suffered his first TKO loss to Torrecampo but he bounced back, registered his second TKO loss from a Thailander named Singsurat and likewise bounced back. When he was beaten fair and square by Eric Morales in their first encounter, he rose again to the challenge and he avenged his loss in a very exciting fashion with a TKO in their 2nd fight.

Manny's KO loss with Marquez is of course different from his previous losses because in his latest fight, he was put to sleep. How come then that I am of the opinion (and I stand by it) that his KO loss elevated him as GOAT? To support my view, I am quoting below an inspirational quote about defeat from the late US President Theodore Roosevelt.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt
[/color]
As we all may agree, in the Pacquiao vs Marquez IV, Manny promised an exciting fight and he delivered but in the process suffered a humiliating KO loss. If he were a selfish individual, he could have just boxed around and avoided putting himself in a great jeopardy and take home his millions. But Manny is Manny as we all know. He cares for the fans of boxing who pays hard-earned money to watch him either live or on PPVs so he did what he promised to deliver ... a real fight in the ring.

So going back to why I consider him GOAT after his KO loss, I say this because on not the way he demolished his opponents on his way up the ladder of boxing's greatness. I say this because of the way he carried himself in accepting a humiliating defeat which so many are claiming to be his downfall and clamoring for his retirement. I say this because of how he remained positive and still kept his faith in God despite of such event in his life. I say this because he gave credit to his conqueror and asked his fans to give credit to Marquez for his KO win.

And lastly, I say this because Manny cried in front of the whole world not because of the KO loss but because he feels that he disappointed us ... his fans in Pinas and all over the world.

God Bless Us All!



we all know what pac achieve fighter of the decade, 2-time fighter of the year, first boxer to have 5 consecutive years to have atleast 1 million ppv buys 2008-2012 first boxer to do it in history of ppv boxing, and of course the record shattering mindblowing earthshaking 8 different boxing weight division champion, flyweight, bantamweight, superbantamweight, featherweight, super featherweight, lightweight, superlightweight, welterweight, super welterweight, the first boxer/fighter to do in the boxing history. records speaks louder than words,

im contented to say that he is one of the greatest, a sure hall of famer,

THE ONE of greatest of all time is manny "the destroyer" a.k.a pacman" pacquiao

can you dig it sucka!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 1083
reynerose wrote:
xpuncher wrote:
To All Paclanders and Critics:

First of all, let me greet you with Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

The subject above is of course debatable but let me say this, as a fan of our very own Manny Pacquaio, I do not look alone at his successes in the ring but on how he pulled himself out from the pit of poverty. With very little formal education, he competed in the larger arena where we all find ourselves to be in but with his determination and focus he made it ... and made us proud to be Pinoy once again. He is and until now the only 8 Division champion in the world, a fete that has never been previously achieved by anyone in the sport of boxing.

He suffered his first TKO loss to Torrecampo but he bounced back, registered his second TKO loss from a Thailander named Singsurat and likewise bounced back. When he was beaten fair and square by Eric Morales in their first encounter, he rose again to the challenge and he avenged his loss in a very exciting fashion with a TKO in their 2nd fight.

Manny's KO loss with Marquez is of course different from his previous losses because in his latest fight, he was put to sleep. How come then that I am of the opinion (and I stand by it) that his KO loss elevated him as GOAT? To support my view, I am quoting below an inspirational quote about defeat from the late US President Theodore Roosevelt.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt
[/color]
As we all may agree, in the Pacquiao vs Marquez IV, Manny promised an exciting fight and he delivered but in the process suffered a humiliating KO loss. If he were a selfish individual, he could have just boxed around and avoided putting himself in a great jeopardy and take home his millions. But Manny is Manny as we all know. He cares for the fans of boxing who pays hard-earned money to watch him either live or on PPVs so he did what he promised to deliver ... a real fight in the ring.

So going back to why I consider him GOAT after his KO loss, I say this because on not the way he demolished his opponents on his way up the ladder of boxing's greatness. I say this because of the way he carried himself in accepting a humiliating defeat which so many are claiming to be his downfall and clamoring for his retirement. I say this because of how he remained positive and still kept his faith in God despite of such event in his life. I say this because he gave credit to his conqueror and asked his fans to give credit to Marquez for his KO win.

And lastly, I say this because Manny cried in front of the whole world not because of the KO loss but because he feels that he disappointed us ... his fans in Pinas and all over the world.

God Bless Us All!



we all know what pac achieve fighter of the decade, 2-time fighter of the year, first boxer to have 5 consecutive years to have atleast 1 million ppv buys 2008-2012 first boxer to do it in history of ppv boxing, and of course the record shattering mindblowing earthshaking 8 different boxing weight division champion, flyweight, bantamweight, superbantamweight, featherweight, super featherweight, lightweight, superlightweight, welterweight, super welterweight, the first boxer/fighter to do in the boxing history. records speaks louder than words,

im contented to say that he is one of the greatest, a sure hall of famer,

THE ONE of greatest of all time is manny "the destroyer" a.k.a pacman" pacquiao

can you dig it sucka!!!!!!


Yeah very nice posts. What Pacman achieves was a real historic. No man in this world were able to do those things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:15 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:21 am
Posts: 583
Location: Cabuyao, Laguna
If Marquez takes the 5th fight instead of the 5th, AND....AND, beats Pac via a decision, KO, KTFO, TKO, or split decision, then Marquez is better than Pacquaio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK MEXICO!

_________________
Phr4(|{3r

Been there, Done that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 5967
Location: Baltigo
mauragon wrote:
pactards to the max.. Pacquiaos achievements is a product of great matchmaking and excellent promotions.

at 135 Diaz was the weakest champion and was considered a paper champion.. He moved instantly at 147 to face De la hoya, past his prime and dehydrated who cannot even KD the father fisted forbes. He should have face other legitimate champion instead.

at 140, he faced fatton whos also the weakest among 140 champions. A mayweather left over.

at 147, cotto was also not the top dog at that weight. He also forced cotto to fight under his comfortable weight and was not the same cotto prior to the brutal loss he suffered against margarito. Neither Mosley and clottey were also the top dog at welterweight and both came from defeat.

at 154, Margarito was not also the top dog at that weight and justa came from a suspension. And the fight was not even at 154. its at 150.

In fairness to pacquio, his achievements at 130 and below is legitimate and no one should question it. At 135, 140, 147 and 154 its matchmaking. Therefore, Pacquiao can only be considered as four division champion if the basis would be the kind of competition.

His the only 8 division champion because weight classifications has been changed then.


Despite DLH is an over the hill fighter, Pacquiao that time is still an underdog, plus the fact that his last three fights were: UD victory against Barrera and controversial SD victory against Marquez at 130, then beating the least champion Diaz at 135 then moving up 12 pounds higher... And at 140, Hatton is still the lineal champion...

_________________
thedarkdragon11 > "Amateur Xylocaine" Floyd Mayweather Jr. (AXF)

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Harris, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:33 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 1727
one of the greatest maybe, but not the greatest.

_________________
if its too good to be true, its not.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ospelayo, rene6985, Yahoo [Bot] and 110 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group