Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:45 pm 
Heavyweight

He should fire his most complacent Team Pacquiao member.
The out of focus can't prioritize right easy to fool Manny Pacquiao.
Find the former Manny Pacquiao.
He fkkn showed up 2 weeks late at the Wild Card to train for Marquez 4 fight.
Worse, he had frequent visitors during his rest period.
He didn't watch enough videos of his 3 fights against Juan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 am 
Middleweight

Kayo nman, pabigla-bigla. Team Pacquiao is not broken. If it is not broken, don't fix it. Same team when Pacquiao became number 1 in the pound for pound rankings so why change? Every boxer suffers a lost. That is the reality of it. Hindi parati panalo. Si Joe Louis (tama ba spelling ko?) was knocked out by Schmeling. Ali was knocked down by Frazier. This is boxing. Ganun talaga. What I am so sure of is Pacquiao is not damaged goods. Pacquiao can rise again. Why did I say and believe that? He has proven himself so many times. He got knocked out cold in the Philippines when he was becoming popular by Rustico Torrecampo. After that loss he became a champion by knocking out Sasakul. Then he got knocked out again because of weight problems. Pacquiao picked up the pieces again and became the face of boxing in America. Pacquiao is a different breed of boxer. He has very strong determination. His will to win is impeccable. Saka matapang na tao si Pacquiao. I really believe there is nothing to fix. Wala tayong magagawa, nasalubong niya ang right ni Marquez. Ganun talaga. Ang dapat lang sana next time to be sure there is no peds involved, random bloodtesting from the start of training up to the fight. I am not saying nag peds si marquez. But to get rid of suspicions, dapat may bloodtesting as random as it can be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am 
Middleweight

devondenom wrote:

5.) He should bring back his focus and dedication to boxing. This should be the core of his return.

Like you said, this is the core. So this should be #1.

Everything else will fall in to place once he has set his mind into committing to boxing as his top priority.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:40 am 
Middleweight

bringpacmantobigd wrote:
devondenom wrote:

5.) He should bring back his focus and dedication to boxing. This should be the core of his return.

Like you said, this is the core. So this should be #1.

Everything else will fall in to place once he has set his mind into committing to boxing as his top priority.

My recommendation is not meant to be arranged in hierarchy where no. 1 is the most important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 am 
Middleweight

Gil P. Acosta wrote:
Kayo nman, pabigla-bigla. Team Pacquiao is not broken. If it is not broken, don't fix it. Same team when Pacquiao became number 1 in the pound for pound rankings so why change? Every boxer suffers a lost. That is the reality of it. Hindi parati panalo. Si Joe Louis (tama ba spelling ko?) was knocked out by Schmeling. Ali was knocked down by Frazier. This is boxing. Ganun talaga. What I am so sure of is Pacquiao is not damaged goods. Pacquiao can rise again. Why did I say and believe that? He has proven himself so many times. He got knocked out cold in the Philippines when he was becoming popular by Rustico Torrecampo. After that loss he became a champion by knocking out Sasakul. Then he got knocked out again because of weight problems. Pacquiao picked up the pieces again and became the face of boxing in America. Pacquiao is a different breed of boxer. He has very strong determination. His will to win is impeccable. Saka matapang na tao si Pacquiao. I really believe there is nothing to fix. Wala tayong magagawa, nasalubong niya ang right ni Marquez. Ganun talaga. Ang dapat lang sana next time to be sure there is no peds involved, random bloodtesting from the start of training up to the fight. I am not saying nag peds si marquez. But to get rid of suspicions, dapat may bloodtesting as random as it can be.

It's true that there's nothing we can do about his recent loss but Manny could have avoided it if he just maintains his focus and dedication to the sport. Just before the bout and even on previous preparations we saw how his bad habits take a toll on him every fight. The decline was obvious and it's not because of old age but his lost of discipline. While Manny naturally have those positive mental setup his psychological approach is badly corrupted that affects his training and preparation.

Let me put PBF in the equation. I know he would not be a role model because of his disgusting way of promoting fights and offensive character but he would not let such distraction and personal problems affect his training. How old is he now? 38 almost as old as Marquez but look at his physique and reflexes during and before fights. You would never see him totally dominated by opponents because his mental setup is to win and with that setup he knows he should be prepared mentally and physically. Manny's mentality is to entertain - disregarding what would be the risk he would take.

There's nothing wrong with Manny's intention in fighting because he wants to fight that way and of course he would take the consequence. I would not say that Floyd is better than Manny in all aspects - perhaps on the skill and preparation level - but he could have avoided his unwanted mistakes if he just learn to say "no" to distractions. He could have better than he is right now...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 am 
Featherweight

Does Manny Pacquiao has the nerve to say "NO" on politics, pastors, friends, show business, etc?

If he can't say NO... then goodbye glory days... he has to many masters to serve.

Even a common person with to many side-lines for a living... later or sooner he will get exhausted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm 
Middleweight

nova wrote:
Does Manny Pacquiao has the nerve to say "NO" on politics, pastors, friends, show business, etc?

If he can't say NO... then goodbye glory days... he has to many masters to serve.

Even a common person with to many side-lines for a living... later or sooner he will get exhausted.

I guess when it is strongly rooted from him that he needs to please everybody then it's a hard habit to break for him. Of course he would learn the lesson in a hard way, but again as what i stated previously, change is the only constant thing in this world...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Don't fire buboy, just put a masking tape on his mouth. :D

On the JMM fight, I have noticed that there was someone who is interpreting what buboy is saying. Anyone else noticed it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm 
Heavyweight

A change in his belief is one of the reason why Manny Pacquiao loss.

his usual ritual was not perform during the fight and his concentration was affective.

Pacquiao will never be the same if he fight PED Marquess. Style make fight.

Pacquiao must chose an opponent suited to his style for his comeback fight.

History will tell that 19 Senators, 188 congressmen,the PNOY government conspired to commit this devious act of Bribery by removing CJ Corona from office. I now realize that his only management skill is that of bribing to get his way.- By Ricardo Saludo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:37 pm 
Flyweight

devondenom wrote:
There is no stopping Manny from making a ring return just like the way he handles his political, marriage, and spiritual life. Like any other fan who prefers him to retire it is also imminent to ponder on what would be my disposition of his return.

For me, as a fan of his hard work, determination, and physical attributes - which unfortunately declines gradually - I would still be hoping that he would make a triumphant return. As a Filipino it's necessary to rekindle those positive attributes that we are known for. But for his return I would strongly recommend the following:

1.) Get an assistant coach that could help freddie layout a good training camp and fight plan for the next bout. I'm quite sure that he would not change freddie as hi main coach for mutual and psychological reason.

2.) Take buboy out of his corner on fight night. No offense to his long-time buddy but I think he's not of a help to Manny on the training level. The truth is, he has become Manny's distraction in the corner for he most of the time gives instruction in panic tone before roach does. Sometimes buboy would show his distressing emotion when Manny is in trouble in the fight. It would also be an insult and distraction to freddie having buboy in the corner taking charge of the instruction most of the time.

3.) Follow Ariza's method diligently. Most of the time on Ariza's interview he would stress how Manny neglects his method of conditioning. It takes a toll on him as the result of his 4th bout with Marquez. I think Manny should trust Scientific method of conditioning for it significantly provides huge advantage in the fight.

4.) Fight like a vintage fighter. He needs to be more technical by means of being aware of the punches coming to him through controlled aggression and dissent defense. He should learn how to move away from power punches. In his KO loss to Marquez he moves towards the right side of Marquez where the power punch caught him.

6.) Reduce his media exposure. This I believe is the main reason why he develops bad habit in training and takes away his discipline. Celebrity complex is a major diversion of a boxer's focus and dedication of the sport. Celebrity complex gives an egocentric-like effect which affects one's logical reasoning.

Hoping Manny the best of this year and the years to come... Good luck on his effort of redemption.

Two months training in isolated location say in the high mountains.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:49 pm 
Middleweight

dan44 wrote:
A change in his belief is one of the reason why Manny Pacquiao loss.

his usual ritual was not perform during the fight and his concentration was affective.

Pacquiao will never be the same if he fight PED Marquess. Style make fight.

Pacquiao must chose an opponent suited to his style for his comeback fight.

I think the first three lines of your statement is far flung from the real reason of Manny's loss.
I strongly believe that it was the excellent preparation and intelligent approach of Marquez that makes the difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 am 
Middleweight

What I really do think about the real cause for our idol's (pacman) decline in his performance
is his 'self-worth' now. I mean, with all his wealth and status in life being almost a super-human
doing so many major and important stuffs (politics/religion/tv) along with his boxing. Will somehow
affect his performance in training and in actual fight which is basically a product of OVER-CONFIDENCE!?:)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 am 
Middleweight

devondenom wrote:
There is no stopping Manny from making a ring return just like the way he handles his political, marriage, and spiritual life. Like any other fan who prefers him to retire it is also imminent to ponder on what would be my disposition of his return.

For me, as a fan of his hard work, determination, and physical attributes - which unfortunately declines gradually - I would still be hoping that he would make a triumphant return. As a Filipino it's necessary to rekindle those positive attributes that we are known for. But for his return I would strongly recommend the following:

1.) Get an assistant coach that could help freddie layout a good training camp and fight plan for the next bout. I'm quite sure that he would not change freddie as hi main coach for mutual and psychological reason.

2.) Take buboy out of his corner on fight night. No offense to his long-time buddy but I think he's not of a help to Manny on the training level. The truth is, he has become Manny's distraction in the corner for he most of the time gives instruction in panic tone before roach does. Sometimes buboy would show his distressing emotion when Manny is in trouble in the fight. It would also be an insult and distraction to freddie having buboy in the corner taking charge of the instruction most of the time.

3.) Follow Ariza's method diligently. Most of the time on Ariza's interview he would stress how Manny neglects his method of conditioning. It takes a toll on him as the result of his 4th bout with Marquez. I think Manny should trust Scientific method of conditioning for it significantly provides huge advantage in the fight.

4.) Fight like a vintage fighter. He needs to be more technical by means of being aware of the punches coming to him through controlled aggression and dissent defense. He should learn how to move away from power punches. In his KO loss to Marquez he moves towards the right side of Marquez where the power punch caught him.

6.) Reduce his media exposure. This I believe is the main reason why he develops bad habit in training and takes away his discipline. Celebrity complex is a major diversion of a boxer's focus and dedication of the sport. Celebrity complex gives an egocentric-like effect which affects one's logical reasoning.

Hoping Manny the best of this year and the years to come... Good luck on his effort of redemption.

Wow, another Chino Trinidad in the making

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm 
Middleweight

Too many experts, just enjoy watching fights! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm 
Welterweight

Manny Knows Titles" ...
... serve one master at a time', he just needs to be himself (and old self)