Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18492
Location: Paradise
Blazing Speed wrote:
rjunz1 wrote:
Freddie is excellent in strategies, but that doesn't mean he owned good ideas as always ...hoping that he'll goes out and seek opinion of others especially Pac's case... there are a lot here in Pacland. Hope he reads. :)


nice shares :)
do some research (not necessarily here), there's always room for improvement... he can hire Barrera as assistant coach for effective new tricks, he's really familiar with Jmm :D how about that?

Freddie can hire Luisito Espinoza .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:07 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:04 pm
Posts: 585
Manny was winning the 4th fight until he got knocked out in the 6th round. In my opinion, he was using the correct strategy because we all saw that Marquez was getting torn apart. He already spit his mouthguard out since he couldn't breathe.

The best is for Manny to manage his distance better to avoid getting hit by the haymaker. His pump fake was his solution to closing the distance quickly. In the 3rd fight Marquez didn't throw anything because he was rattled in a way with the speed. Seeing this, he was able to adjust in the 4th fight and have a good strategy against it. Seeing that Manny pumps once or twice when the distance is too great and just uses it to get close, Nacho and JMM knew that he wouldn't punch so it was a perfect time to counter.

The surprise punch was the haymaker JMM threw in round 3. The 6th round knockout was a textbook counter to a habit that they knew they could exploit since they already knew Manny's pump fakes weren't going to do anything aside from bringing Manny closer to JMM's range. Marquez feints well because he still has no momentum going all the way forward, feints really low and can always slip or get out of range if Manny decides to punch. Manny feints well also, except for when he uses it to close the distance.

If you throw a lazy jab you could get countered ala Hatton. What more if you throw fakes that don't really do anything and your opponent knows it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:32 am
Posts: 61
I think the strategy that they used with Oscar dela Hoya will work a bit... turning JMM constantly and sneaking in the left whilst ducking and moving away.. as all observers noticed Pacquiao must do away with the pump jab instead try more of the straight left before Marquez could step back... Marquez always steps back after the pump fake and jab to counter the straight left of Manny.

Strength training for the left for more devastating power when it lands as we all saw the power in Manny's left could be developed more and the right hook also.. and more core training because the body is all that's gonna be left for Marquez to take if he fights smart and not brawl.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18492
Location: Paradise
quickmelt03 wrote:
I think the strategy that they used with Oscar dela Hoya will work a bit... turning JMM constantly and sneaking in the left whilst ducking and moving away.. as all observers noticed Pacquiao must do away with the pump jab instead try more of the straight left before Marquez could step back... Marquez always steps back after the pump fake and jab to counter the straight left of Manny.

Strength training for the left for more devastating power when it lands as we all saw the power in Manny's left could be developed more and the right hook also.. and more core training because the body is all that's gonna be left for Marquez to take if he fights smart and not brawl.

The problem might be is if Pac thinks his left is more powerful
, he might overuse it.
He could have snap left lead Juan's face all night after he busted his
nose and watch Juan bleed to death.
Instead he wanted to throw his haymaker left one too many times.
Pac did not remember it was his short left that missed then
the right hook busted his noses.
He was able to do that because he had the right angle and distance.
Pac just has low ring IQ I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 2658
Location: HubbleSite
quickmelt03 wrote:
I think the strategy that they used with Oscar dela Hoya will work a bit... turning JMM constantly and sneaking in the left whilst ducking and moving away.. as all observers noticed Pacquiao must do away with the pump jab instead try more of the straight left before Marquez could step back... Marquez always steps back after the pump fake and jab to counter the straight left of Manny.

Strength training for the left for more devastating power when it lands as we all saw the power in Manny's left could be developed more and the right hook also.. and more core training because the body is all that's gonna be left for Marquez to take if he fights smart and not brawl.


quite good...
but Manny should duck a little low while attacking, he's really susceptible to Marquez powerful overhand right hook when he's on that upright position...
you can add this:
what about, Pacs fake an over hand right and leap to the side while throwing his lethal left straight or hook...
Also Pac can throw a lead right hand upstairs to set up a powerful left body hook, he can double it, this time, he might gets JMM caught with that wicked body shots, that could put him for good. I mean, don't just concentrate upstairs... do some variations.

Body shots might be the real key to decipher Marquez's puzzle... 8)

_________________
"The primary factor in a successful attack is speed."
"The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance."
"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 174
Return to the Faith which he once believed in...Peace


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 2658
Location: HubbleSite
Some interesting style, that Packy never applied to Jmm is fighting him inside, he should learn and adapt this phone booth attack, he must use this once in while to really surprise Marquez, which imo will be very effective against him.

_________________
"The primary factor in a successful attack is speed."
"The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance."
"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:33 am
Posts: 138
Blazing Speed wrote:
Some interesting style, that Packy never applied to Jmm is fighting him inside, he should learn and adapt this phone booth attack, he must use this once in while to really surprise Marquez, which imo will be very effective against him.


Can't help but agree with you on the phone booth attack. This attack will really reduce a counterpuncher's chances of connection.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Washington = Uncle Sam's Airborne Rgr
houndedbyheaven wrote:
Blazing Speed wrote:
Some interesting style, that Packy never applied to Jmm is fighting him inside, he should learn and adapt this phone booth attack, he must use this once in while to really surprise Marquez, which imo will be very effective against him.


Can't help but agree with you on the phone booth attack. This attack will really reduce a counterpuncher's chances of connection.


I've been thinking about that too, Juan Diaz did that I believe where he stayed on JMM's face most of the time, and was successful in the early rounds.... the only thing Im concerned about is Pac, fights mostly on the outside, doesn't have a decent defense with good coordination (foot placements, trips) and he just likes to raise his both arms and cover up like a turtle on D, just my thoughts.....

_________________
Not a Newbie !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 2658
Location: HubbleSite
markang demonyo wrote:
houndedbyheaven wrote:
Blazing Speed wrote:
Some interesting style, that Packy never applied to Jmm is fighting him inside, he should learn and adapt this phone booth attack, he must use this once in while to really surprise Marquez, which imo will be very effective against him.


Can't help but agree with you on the phone booth attack. This attack will really reduce a counterpuncher's chances of connection.


I've been thinking about that too, Juan Diaz did that I believe where he stayed on JMM's face most of the time, and was successful in the early rounds.... the only thing Im concerned about is Pac, fights mostly on the outside, doesn't have a decent defense with good coordination (foot placements, trips) and he just likes to raise his both arms and cover up like a turtle on D, just my thoughts.....


Yes, exactly... don't give Jmm enough angles to throw that overhand right hook. Pac should push him to the ropes and release those short killer right lead and left straight or hook... push him forward (with some elbows to the chest), shoulder to shoulder while delivering hard shots to the ribs and head... punish him with a lot of body blows... he's younger, he can easily wear out Marquez by doing this most often in the rounds imo.

_________________
"The primary factor in a successful attack is speed."
"The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance."
"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 am
Posts: 1265
Blazing Speed wrote:
Since part 1, 2, 3 & 4 it clearly shows Pacquiao has never been solved that Marquez's puzzle... now part 5 is likely to happen, what could be the best way/s to neutralize that same problem?
Don't get me wrong, I mean, it's given Pac has still never even won decisively with Marquez.
Of course we already accepted that harder preparation and focus is a must.
It even boils down to some people to think and advises to change his coach to get new tricks...
* What about, if Pacs fight him inside now and never gives Marquez enough space for that killer overhand right hook? (Phone booth style).
* What about, if Pacs strikes his own killer blows while on a ducking position (but don't forget the defense) to neutralize JMM's haymaker shot -overhand right hook? if caught at least it'll lessen its impact imo...
I dunno, I'm not expert... maybe you have some very good ideas.

What else guys?



BEST COUNTER MANNY CAN DO?..................CHANGE TRAINER THATS THE BEST COUNTER MANNY CAN DO MAYBE GET NACHO TO TEACH HIM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:04 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Washington = Uncle Sam's Airborne Rgr
I've been thinking about that too, Juan Diaz did that I believe where he stayed on JMM's face most of the time, and was successful in the early rounds.... the only thing Im concerned about is Pac, fights mostly on the outside, doesn't have a decent defense with good coordination (foot placements, trips) and he just likes to raise his both arms and cover up like a turtle on D, just my thoughts.....[/quote]

Yes, exactly... don't give Jmm enough angles to throw that overhand right hook. Pac should push him to the ropes and release those short killer right lead and left straight or hook... push him forward (with some elbows to the chest), shoulder to shoulder while delivering hard shots to the ribs and head... punish him with a lot of body blows... he's younger, he can easily wear out Marquez by doing this most often in the rounds imo.[/quote]

Agree, Its feasible granted he puts extra time and extra effort into training....to where he knows exactly how to react to each situations and to stay on JMM's chest then deliver a more accurate and powerful blows up and down. Still wondering why he abandoned his S & C training Ariza, he pretty much sacrificed his advantages i.e. power & explosiveness.......

_________________
Not a Newbie !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm 
Offline
Strawweight

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:29 pm
Posts: 3
if pacquiao thinks he is stronger, let him act as if he is weaker. if pacquiao thinks he is weaker then just let him be. he was KOed coz he thought he is stronger and act as if he is stronger. got confused? hehehehe... me too......when he fought dela hoya he believes that he is the weaker man that with one timed punch he will be KOed. also with margarito. he was avoiding strong punches of both but with marquez he ate those punches acting as if he is not hurt. hehehehhe...just avoid the punch idol and break his face/nose idol on your fift and sixth fight...hehehe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18492
Location: Paradise
I think Pac should fight JMM like the way Bruce Lee fought Chuck Norris.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE
After the knockdowns of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 2658
Location: HubbleSite
JoeyInCali wrote:
I think Pac should fight JMM like the way Bruce Lee fought Chuck Norris.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO1YIWQuXE
After the knockdowns of course.


LOL
awesome...

_________________
"The primary factor in a successful attack is speed."
"The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance."
"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group