Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 am 
Heavyweight

Arum to make an announcement about Pacquiao’s next opponent this week

By Chris Williams: Bob Arum, the promoter for Manny Pacquiao, will reportedly be making an announcement this week about who the Filipino will be fighting in his next bout for September, according to Steve Kim. It’s not looking like it’s going to be Mexican warrior Juan Manuel Marquez, which is probably why Arum is ready to make an announcement.

The options for Pacquiao are Juan Manuel Marquez, Arum’s first choice, or WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley. Last week, Marquez repeated for what seems like the hundredth time that he’s not interested in facing Pacquiao again.

Marquez wants to face one of the welterweight champions and the guy that he’s got his eyes on is Bradley. As such, Arum is very likely going to spoil Marquez’s plans quickly by making an announcement that Pacquiao will be the one that will be fighting Bradley next.

Marquez will have to wait until the smoke clears from that fight to see which guy has the strap that he’s interested in fighting for.

Pacquiao’s next fight will take place in either Macao or Singapore and it’ll be on a Sunday morning or afternoon so that the fight can be televised live on Saturday night on pay per view in the United States.

Given that Arum’s recent fight card in Macao was seen by a reported 300 million Chinese in China, Arum will very likely place Pacquiao’s next fight in Macao for a second Top Rank fight card to be shown in China.

Arum has already said that he wants former Chinese Olympian Zou Shiming on card as the co-feature in a scheduled 6 round bout. Shiming will reportedly make $500,000 for what will likely be another fight in which he’ll be facing someone way, way out of his class.

It’s hard to imagine any fighter making that kind of money right off that bat when starting their careers, but Arum has the advantage in that fight is being seen by hundreds of millions of Chinese.

There’s no word yet whether Arum will attempt to monetize Pacquiao’s September card by having it be a PPV bout for Chinese audiences. My guess is Arum will let this be another free card for the Chinese fans so that they get hooked on seeing Shiming and Pacquiao.

Once the fans are really into watching these guys, that’s when I see Arum announcing that Shiming and Pacquiao’s future fights in China will be PPV. I can’t wait to see how much Arum will charge for the fight cards and how well they’ll do in China.

There’s a potential for Arum to make massive amounts of money for his company and his fighters if he can get the Chinese fans to pay to see these fight cards.

If Arum can get 200 million Chinese to pay to see Pacquiao and Shiming, it’ll incredible money. In the U.S, Pacquiao’s fights draw 1 million buys, but they can really dwarf that number if they can sell these fights to the Chinese audiences in massive numbers.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/da7Yw?utm_ ... ign=boxing

while Arum thinks dollars.....Pacquiao should be thinking about redeeming himself from his two losses.....One advice for Manny though......Give back to the fans what you owe....which is the big 3 D's ....Determination, Dedication and Discipline.....and folks don't try to push religion into this....cuz it won't work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 am 
Heavyweight

So now I'm wondering if not JMM then who else.......Arum already screwed up Manny many times already....he better not do it again.......wait that would consider wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
So now I'm wondering if not JMM then who else.......Arum already screwed up Manny many times already....he better not do it again.......wait that would consider wishful thinking.

more than likely it's Desert Storm Bradley somewhere September or October in Macau.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 am 
Heavyweight

nycsk8ter wrote:
JCOOL2329 wrote:

more than likely it's Desert Storm Bradley somewhere September or October in Macau.

Could be I hope.....that would be a good start for Manny to take back some of the respect that he had lost.....I hope it's not Zab tho....who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 am 
Heavyweight

Zab has to win against Danny Garcia first, a young and tough opponent.

JCOOL2329 wrote:
nycsk8ter wrote:
JCOOL2329 wrote:

Could be I hope.....that would be a good start for Manny to take back some of the respect that he had lost.....I hope it's not Zab tho....who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:39 am 
Middleweight

Josh Clottey rematch... knowing Arum.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

Not Marquez
Not Bradley

Maybe Rios
Maybe Alvarado
Maybe Ortiz
Maybe Martinez
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 am 
Cruiserweight

Lapu2x wrote:
Not Marquez
Not Bradley

Maybe Rios
Maybe Alvarado
Maybe Ortiz
Maybe Martinez
:mrgreen:

That's what I sense also..... you add Provod.
Marquez's chasing Bradley like a mad dog.

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 am 
Heavyweight

Llaneta wrote:
Josh Clottey rematch... knowing Arum.

you have to find first clottey... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 am 
Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
Arum to make an announcement about Pacquiao’s next opponent this week

By Chris Williams: Bob Arum, the promoter for Manny Pacquiao, will reportedly be making an announcement this week about who the Filipino will be fighting in his next bout for September, according to Steve Kim. It’s not looking like it’s going to be Mexican warrior Juan Manuel Marquez, which is probably why Arum is ready to make an announcement.

The options for Pacquiao are Juan Manuel Marquez, Arum’s first choice, or WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley. Last week, Marquez repeated for what seems like the hundredth time that he’s not interested in facing Pacquiao again.

Marquez wants to face one of the welterweight champions and the guy that he’s got his eyes on is Bradley. As such, Arum is very likely going to spoil Marquez’s plans quickly by making an announcement that Pacquiao will be the one that will be fighting Bradley next.

Marquez will have to wait until the smoke clears from that fight to see which guy has the strap that he’s interested in fighting for.

Pacquiao’s next fight will take place in either Macao or Singapore and it’ll be on a Sunday morning or afternoon so that the fight can be televised live on Saturday night on pay per view in the United States.

Given that Arum’s recent fight card in Macao was seen by a reported 300 million Chinese in China, Arum will very likely place Pacquiao’s next fight in Macao for a second Top Rank fight card to be shown in China.

Arum has already said that he wants former Chinese Olympian Zou Shiming on card as the co-feature in a scheduled 6 round bout. Shiming will reportedly make $500,000 for what will likely be another fight in which he’ll be facing someone way, way out of his class.

It’s hard to imagine any fighter making that kind of money right off that bat when starting their careers, but Arum has the advantage in that fight is being seen by hundreds of millions of Chinese.

There’s no word yet whether Arum will attempt to monetize Pacquiao’s September card by having it be a PPV bout for Chinese audiences. My guess is Arum will let this be another free card for the Chinese fans so that they get hooked on seeing Shiming and Pacquiao.

Once the fans are really into watching these guys, that’s when I see Arum announcing that Shiming and Pacquiao’s future fights in China will be PPV. I can’t wait to see how much Arum will charge for the fight cards and how well they’ll do in China.

There’s a potential for Arum to make massive amounts of money for his company and his fighters if he can get the Chinese fans to pay to see these fight cards.

If Arum can get 200 million Chinese to pay to see Pacquiao and Shiming, it’ll incredible money. In the U.S, Pacquiao’s fights draw 1 million buys, but they can really dwarf that number if they can sell these fights to the Chinese audiences in massive numbers.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/da7Yw?utm_ ... ign=boxing

while Arum thinks dollars.....Pacquiao should be thinking about redeeming himself from his two losses.....One advice for Manny though......Give back to the fans what you owe....which is the big 3 D's ....Determination, Dedication and Discipline.....and folks don't try to push religion into this....cuz it won't work.

500k? for that chinese guy? worth it ba yun? second prof. bout , talo pa niya yung ibang fighters... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:07 am 
Heavyweight

Consider it an investment to penetrate a lucrative Chinese market.

rustycooley66 wrote:
500k? for that chinese guy? worth it ba yun? second prof. bout , talo pa niya yung ibang fighters... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:09 am 
Cruiserweight

nycsk8ter wrote:
JCOOL2329 wrote:

AGREE, BRO!!

AND AS I HAVE SAID,

IT WILL END UP

TO PAC VS JMM 5

AGAIN! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am 
Heavyweight

it's really up to his promoter, pacquiao is just waiting like an 1diot :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
it's really up to his promoter, pacquiao is just waiting like an 1diot :biglaugh:

everyone knows that you just got a brand-new kitty...is it that time of the month?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 pm 
Middleweight

i think bob realize. that he will give pacquiao a weak figher for the money