Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Marquez To Decide on 4/15: Tim Bradley is The Target

By Salvador Rodriguez

Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) plans to decide his future on April 15th and right now WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) is the main target on his list - even above a financially lucrative fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao. Marquez has already stated, several times, that he doesn't have any interest in a fifth fight with his Filipino rival. He wants to get the opportunity to capture world championship in a fifth weight division.

"[Fighting Bradley] weighs more to me because he's a great fighter, he is the champion, so logically as a fighter you always want to fight the best and Bradley is the champion and you want the championship. If I decide to continue, Bradley would be a great opponent," Marquez said.

"I do not care about a fifth fight [with Pacquiao], after what happened in the first three fights where there were controversial decisions, controversial where we had actually won and in this fourth fight we had a great victory and I would be very satisfied to let the memory of that remain, and to keep that feeling in place for myself, and also, for the Mexicans. We must go forward, pursue new goals, new directions. And for me to have had four fights with someone they had rated as the best pound for pound - and I made it clear that he is not the best pound for pound - searching for new challenges is important"

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-decide-on-4-15-tim-bradley-target--64279

He brutally KTFO'd Pac alright and left him with a humiliating loss.

If Marquez doesn't want to engage Pacquiao on a fifth fight and would prefer to go for Bradley's belt to become a 5 division champion then goodluck to him.

It's for him to decide not ours. Let him be.

But hey, we should all be excited that most likely Pacquiao will be fighting a new opponent in September.

We should all be looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:11 pm 
Middleweight

right.. because marquez no need to prove anymore.. he got his knockout to pacquiao.. he deserve to fight bradley.. make new legacy for the mexican..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:15 pm 
Welterweight

Deep inside he knows that he is a sour loser and he is not confident of winning against Pacman. One thing more he might be hiding something with his new found power and he is not so confident he could do the same again. After all he got what he wanted and he has no reason to risk that again even if the price is high. His pride is just more than any amount of money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 pm 
Welterweight

Pacquiao vs Marquez era is over. I give much credit to Marquez. Now, let's all look towards Pacquiao's future opponents. Rios vs Pacquiao is the fight to see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 pm 
Welterweight

By the way...where has Sergio Martinez gone to? Pac vs Martinez? This would be a very dangerous fight for Manny, but will absolutely bring him back to #1 lb for lb.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

acjp38 wrote:
By the way...where has Sergio Martinez gone to? Pac vs Martinez? This would be a very dangerous fight for Manny, but will absolutely bring him back to #1 lb for lb.

Pac need to fight for the 9th title to be able to erase all doubts in case Marquez would follow the duck steps created by
Mayweather!

Any available and credible Title holder out there for Pac?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

acjp38 wrote:
Pacquiao vs Marquez era is over. I give much credit to Marquez. Now, let's all look towards Pacquiao's future opponents. Rios vs Pacquiao is the fight to see.

+1

Most people here a being pathetic for always crying out that Marquez should give Pacquiao a rematch.

Pacquiao already said he is ready for other opponents if Marquez denies him of another rematch.

I agree. Rios vs. Pacquiao is looking like a fireworks in the making.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:09 pm 
Welterweight

mhike_chan wrote:
right.. because marquez no need to prove anymore.. he got his knockout to pacquiao.. he deserve to fight bradley.. make new legacy for the mexican..

l u l

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm 
Middleweight

If ever they fight and Bradley beat JMM, maybe that's the time he will chase Manny again....? :P

Manny vs Alvarado
Jmm vs Bradley

Then the winners should fight each other! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm 
Cruiserweight

True. Memo is :lol:

Pepe is telling the truth. Now, keep stocking up greens...to feed his loud mouth or bye bye legacy :lol:

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mhike_chan wrote:

wrong slanty shut tha_fuckup_Idiot that's what's right thing for you to do!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

jhon515 wrote:
Quote:

By Salvador Rodriguez

Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) plans to decide his future on April 15th and right now WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) is the main target on his list - even above a financially lucrative fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao. Marquez has already stated, several times, that he doesn't have any interest in a fifth fight with his Filipino rival. He wants to get the opportunity to capture world championship in a fifth weight division.

"[Fighting Bradley] weighs more to me because he's a great fighter, he is the champion, so logically as a fighter you always want to fight the best and Bradley is the champion and you want the championship. If I decide to continue, Bradley would be a great opponent," Marquez said.

"I do not care about a fifth fight [with Pacquiao], after what happened in the first three fights where there were controversial decisions, controversial where we had actually won and in this fourth fight we had a great victory and I would be very satisfied to let the memory of that remain, and to keep that feeling in place for myself, and also, for the Mexicans. We must go forward, pursue new goals, new directions. And for me to have had four fights with someone they had rated as the best pound for pound - and I made it clear that he is not the best pound for pound - searching for new challenges is important"

If Marquez doesn't want to engage Pacquiao on a fifth fight and would prefer to go for Bradley's belt to become a 5 division champion then goodluck to him.

But hey, we should all be excited that most likely Pacquiao will be fighting a new opponent in September.

this dope addict has no say whatsoever this_Moron marquez is getting beaten black and blue blood coming out his nostrils and can't breath if not for pac being _Stupid to give him that opening this Doper wouldn't be talkin like his doing now.... just hope he get's in the ring with pac in september. and see who is mas macho!!!! but pee doping steriod marquez is scared to get tested!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:15 am 
Light Heavyweight

jhon515 wrote:
Quote:

By Salvador Rodriguez

This is very, very TRUE................

marquez SINGLE HANDEDLY erased manny from the top pedestals that people were NAIVELY giving him.......... like Greatest of ALL Time...... :? :? .......... WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
and what an INSULT to the TRUE all time GREATS of boxing............

marquez EXPOSED pac to be very deficient in some of the BASICS of boxing............ things the All TIme Greats were NOT lacking..........
fight 3 was very TELLING............ manny was UNABLE to cut off the ring against marquez........... manny again showed his lack of defense............ we got accustomed of seeing manny's head snapping back due to marquez's punches.......... it's NEVER good to hear your own trainer say that manny's offense is his defense............... MEANING, he HARDLY has any "DEFENSE"........

so then people were calling manny the #1 p4p, and if NOT the greatest of all time, then at least of THIS generation............ the #1 p4p status, thanks to mayweather's SHORT lived "retirement"..............
but marquez AGAIN cleared up the misconception of pacquiao.........
and pac is now probably the #3 best of this generation............. and WAY lower on the ATG rankings.............
and like marquez says he made it CLEAR that pac is NOT the best p4p..............

THANKS MARQUEZ.............

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:47 am 
Welterweight

Marquez will be just be a footnote in history, he will be the guy who ko Pacquiao yet with a big question mark. When Pacquiao fights again versus other fighters say Rios, Bradley or alvarado and wins that will seal it. it will be ju8st a fluke of a win (tsamba) for Marquez.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:42 am 
Heavyweight

art_87 wrote:
If ever they fight and Bradley beat JMM, maybe that's the time he will chase Manny again....? :P

Manny vs Alvarado
Jmm vs Bradley

Then the winners should fight each other! :)

if JMM doesn't want to fight manny now for bigger money, chances are he won't fight pacquiao in the future even if he (marquez) wins against bradley.