Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 am 
Welterweight

http://8countnews.com/index.php/boxing- ... arado.html

LAME.. i guess pac will be fighting one of these bums. i think he'd KO either one fairly quick, both guys are slow and haven't showed much skill. if pac does happen to lose somehow tho.. he a BUM!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:00 am 
Lightweight

jjbclife wrote:
http://8countnews.com/index.php/boxing-news/793-arum-tells-8cn-pacquiao-to-return-nov-23rd-vs-rios-or-alvarado.html

LAME.. i guess pac will be fighting one of these bums. i think he'd KO either one fairly quick, both guys are slow and haven't showed much skill. if pac does happen to lose somehow tho.. he a BUM!

Win or win situation for their old greedy pig promoter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Pac will have to win big.....and please don't expect anymore KO result.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm 
Welterweight

yah actually... if he doesn't KO then it will be like margorito where the guy is basically just fighting to make it to the final bell..

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 pm 
Heavyweight

jjbclife wrote:
yah actually... if he doesn't KO then it will be like margorito where the guy is basically just fighting to make it to the final bell..

We need to see it in Pac's eye if he still has what it takes...if that fire is still there.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:13 pm 
Middleweight

I think the only full fledged welterweight guy Pacquiao fought, without a catchweight, was Clottey. But since he just stood there like a punching bag all night long, I see Pacquiao still untested at 147.

Now TR comes with 2 more guys who just came from 130 lbs... truly lame.
But then again, who else is out there?

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:03 pm 
Lightweight

Suga Rye wrote:
I think the only full fledged welterweight guy Pacquiao fought, without a catchweight, was Clottey. But since he just stood there like a punching bag all night long, I see Pacquiao still untested at 147.

if clottey fought back and took his chances he could have pull the upset. did you see pacmans face after the fight and clottey only threw very few punches. in my opinion clottey hits the hardest amongst pacmans opponents with the exception of the "memo punch"

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:22 pm 
Middleweight

democrat wrote:
Suga Rye wrote:

if clottey fought back and took his chances he could have pull the upset. did you see pacmans face after the fight and clottey only threw very few punches. in my opinion clottey hits the hardest amongst pacmans opponents with the exception of the "memo punch"

Yes I noticed that.
For whatever reason, it was obvious Clottey was holding back.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 am 
Cruiserweight

Suga Rye wrote:
democrat wrote:
Suga Rye wrote:

Yes I noticed that.
For whatever reason, it was obvious Clottey was holding back.

i still think that Pac's best weight would be in the 140 lbs. division, that is where he was at his deadliest.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:35 pm 
Welterweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
We need to see it in Pac's eye if he still has what it takes...if that fire is still there.

I believe this as well.

His commitment to boxing was lacking in his last few fights because his so-called hunger was no longer there.

And once the hunger leaves a boxer, the decline starts.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm 
Welterweight

democrat wrote:
Suga Rye wrote:

uh... what about margorito? he probaby punches harder than clottey.. and weighs a hell of a lot more. he hit pac with some shots and pac took them. those body shots he landed were pretty brutal too. clottey wasn't gonna fight back because he knew that if he opened up he woulda got KO'd, simple as that.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rios is a good fight....

it will be dubbed..

LOSER 1 vs LOSER 2

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 pm 
Lightweight

jjbclife wrote:
democrat wrote:
Suga Rye wrote:

uh... what about margorito? he probaby punches harder than clottey.. and weighs a hell of a lot more. he hit pac with some shots and pac took them. those body shots he landed were pretty brutal too. clottey wasn't gonna fight back because he knew that if he opened up he woulda got KO'd, simple as that.

I doubt it. Margarito, though a big welterweight is a volume puncher. Clottey on the other hand throws less but with more powerful blows. Just check pacs face after he fought both and compare the punch stats.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 pm 
Lightweight

fuego wrote:
rios is a good fight....

it will be dubbed..

LOSER 1 vs LOSER 2

Rios is the perfect option to test if pacman still has it. It would not be as easy as a lot thinks. It will test pacmans stamina as Rios will surely push forward all night and pacman needs to be in top conditon if he plans go toe to toe unless he will dance around and outbox Rios.