Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 am 
Lightweight

as i said before the downfall of Floydiot's it's almost around.The poor tickets sales.ppv.flop.booing from audiences.regrets from his fans.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:06 am 
Middleweight

Floyd the Cash Cowsh1t King! At the end of the fight he kept trying to thank boxing fans for buying the PPV. He's the biggest scam in boxing history for ripping people off of their hard earned money. That's why he's nickname is money because that's all that matters to him.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 am 
Heavyweight

Hell, Floid even said Guerrero was not good. :lol:
Well, DUH! Why would people pay for the mismatch then?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:01 am 
Cruiserweight

A figure well below 1 million like 700,000 buys at 70 bucks each is $49 million plus the live gate receipts. Give Mayweather Promotions its share and it still got enough to pay all the undercards and Showtime still makes some money. It doesn't look like a flop after all, is it?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

PPV flop King :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 am 
Heavyweight

El Bandido wrote:
A figure well below 1 million like 700,000 buys at 70 bucks each is $49 million plus the live gate receipts. Give Mayweather Promotions its share and it still got enough to pay all the undercards and Showtime still makes some money. It doesn't look like a flop after all, is it?

You do know the signal providers get half of that ppv money, don't you?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:14 am 
Middleweight

At least Floyd got what he wanted. It's funny, Mayweather clearly says over and over that his health comes first. But Floydiots keep giving him the pass and love shelling out their cash to watch him spar with a cherry picked opponent. SMH! When will Floydtards ever learn? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 am 
Cruiserweight

now showtime setting up Floyd-Alvarez showdown early.. they want to recover of course :mrgreen:

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:48 am 
Cruiserweight

"The bottom line is we don't have enough information to estimate meaningfully," Espinoza told me. "We have partial numbers, in far less than half the total market. I'm not prepared to project, all of this speculation and doom and gloom is premature. It's ridiculous."

"And when will us jackals, I mean journos, get our grubby fingers on the numbers? Thursday or Friday, Espinoza said."

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articles/16609-showtimes-espinoza-talks-mayweather-ppv-numbers

wanted to sell perfection."

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
El Bandido wrote:

You do know the signal providers get half of that ppv money, don't you?

plus the I.R.S. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 am 
Lightweight

I watch the fight.... free live streaming on the net..... and when i saw floyd is just running, I switched off my computer and go somewhere else instead.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am 
Heavyweight

although below expectation, he still tops the ppv sales this year, who knows pacquiao-rios could generate much less :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 am 
Lightweight

I never watch the file at all, I am perfect in my prediction Floyd by unanimous boring 12 round decision. Floyd is a scam. He has nothing to offer to boxing. I would love to see him retire for good.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:55 am 
Middleweight

Guerrero is not a PPV magnet unlike Ortiz, Cotto, and other vintage fighters. It's synonymous to Pac fighting bradley who pocketed less than a million PPV buys. The problem with Floyd is that his too cautious of his opponent and won't take any chances of absorbing punches specially those who possess power on both hands. And so Floyd resort to boring but effective strategy - the hit and run - well... of course he runs more.

But then again Floyd's mentality in the ring is "safety first" and of course it's very logical for him to do that to preserve his health to stay longer in the business of boxing. However, we cannot denyt the fact of his superb talent and skills. Combined with his clever business decision and mentality, I think he will retire undefeated... not unless he fight 'till his 50 years old.

As much as I hate Floyd's persona I still admire his skills and talent in boxing which I think the best of all times.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:19 am 
Cruiserweight

"The bottom line is we don't have enough information to estimate meaningfully," Espinoza told me. "We have partial numbers, in far less than half the total market. I'm not prepared to project, all of this speculation and doom and gloom is premature. It's ridiculous."

"And when will us jackals, I mean journos, get our grubby fingers on the numbers? Thursday or Friday, Espinoza said."

Yep! Enough time to manipulate the numbers. Right, Mr. Espinoza? And to you, scam artist,

"Figures Don’t Lie, But Liars Do Figure."