Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:26 am 
Lightweight

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sport ... a/13578119

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:32 pm 
Welterweight

Pacquiao already beat Brandon Rios when he man-handled Antonio Margariot - and I think everybody knows that.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 pm 
Heavyweight

astr0b0y_CrushSiElla wrote:
Pacquiao already beat Brandon Rios when he man-handled Antonio Margariot - and I think everybody knows that.

We'll see about that.....you know what overconfidence will do to you right.....lack of focus.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:38 pm 
Welterweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:

We'll see about that.....you know what overconfidence will do to you right.....lack of focus.

If you got the skills, overconfidence will do you no harm. I think Pacquiao learned from his biggest mistake when he walked into a punch - and this will not apply to Rios fight coz Brandon is a brawler, he's no Marquez.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:51 pm 
Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:

If you got the skills, overconfidence will do you no harm. I think Pacquiao learned from his biggest mistake when he walked into a punch - and this will not apply to Rios fight coz Brandon is a brawler, he's no Marquez.

Pac definitely has the skills but it was his overconfidence that led him to his loss.....even he admitted it at the end.....he needs to stay poise.....no need to hurry for a quick KD or what everyone is expecting.....a KO.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:57 pm 
Welterweight

[/quote]
Pac definitely has the skills but it was his overconfidence that led him to his loss.....even he admitted it at the end.....he needs to stay poise.....no need to hurry for a quick KD or what everyone is expecting.....a KO.[/quote]

come on dude.. it wasn't his overconfidence that led him to lose.. Marquez was just the better fighter, and the world knows that it was a perfect punch that landed, not a lucky punch caused by Pacquiao's wrecklessness or overconfidence as you have suggested.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Pac definitely has the skills but it was his overconfidence that led him to his loss.....even he admitted it at the end.....he needs to stay poise.....no need to hurry for a quick KD or what everyone is expecting.....a KO.[/quote]

come on dude.. it wasn't his overconfidence that led him to lose.. Marquez was just the better fighter, and the world knows that it was a perfect punch that landed, not a lucky punch caused by [size=200]Pacquiao's wrecklessness or overconfidence as you have suggested.
[/size][/quote]
You said it right there.....he forgot how great a counter-puncher Marquez is so he gambled by leaving a huge opening for Marquez to land that brutal KO.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:05 pm 
Welterweight

I Know Right. 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:13 pm 
Heavyweight

The older Manny gets the better his patience should be.....cuz he's not the same old firecracker as he once was.....and so for Manny, no shortcuts for the Rios fight....take nothing for granted....train hard..and good luck. 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:28 pm 
Lightweight

I Love looking forward to PAcquiao fights but been left less than satisfied after every fight since the Mosley fight..

Btw this is my very first post after how many years using different emails trying to register since I first read articles on this forum!

Don't know why the admin's didn't reply to my registrations up until now. Thanks anyway guys!

Jason from SYdney.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Son2 wrote:
I Love looking forward to PAcquiao fights but been left less than satisfied after every fight since the Mosley fight..

Btw this is my very first post after how many years using different emails trying to register since I first read articles on this forum!

Don't know why the admin's didn't reply to my registrations up until now. Thanks anyway guys!

Jason from SYdney.

Good day mate and welcome to Pacland.... 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

funny how the pactards are too quick to underestimate rios.

pacman should be more than careful because if he sucks into a brawl, he'd be in trouble.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:46 pm 
Heavyweight

From now on, Pac should always be aware of his opponents' lucky punches. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I predict that once Rios taste Manny's punches, he will start backpedaling just like Cotto, Mosley, Clottey & Bradley. Hatton didn't have the chance to backpedal because he was out early, but if it were to go to distance, he would do the same.

And I think it is a wise move for Rios, because his style is perfect for Pacquiao.
So if you know that you're style would likely send you to the canvas early, then you should have a different gameplan.

The only way for Rios to win this fight is to time Manny with a perfect punch just like Marquez did to him and Garcia did to Khan.
You cannot beat Manny by brawling him. He hits harder and unloads faster than Rios. Rios will eat punches all night if he tries to brawl.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:28 pm 
Middleweight

10cc wrote:
From now on, Pac should always be aware of his opponents' lucky punches. :D

Maybe Manny will be a bit careful this time when he here the 10 seconds warning..:P :lol: