Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 am
Posts: 2088
Rumors are swirling again around the sports of boxing about the next fight of Floyd "D'- Cherry-Picker" this coming September. It was reported that GBP who manage "Canelo Alvarez" is now under serious negotiations with Al Haymon and Mayweather Promotion.
But according to some insiders (who were told not to publish yet the details of negotiations-no wonder why they're so quiet about it) that everything is almost done except for the contract weight class. Some insiders learned that Mayweather was insisting that he will only face Alvarez @147lbs or within the catchweight of 148-150Lbs.
I guest the ball is now in GBP hands! We'll know if GBP would be willing to sacrifice their rising star in Canelo Alvarez.
Rumors are - people in GBP camp are now trying very hard to convince Canelo since the latter wants only to fight in his best weight @154Lbs (Junior Middle Weight Class).

If this is true, Who's the catchweight king then?? :peace:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 2252
Location: Makati City
And he wants Manny at 154lbs.!

"According to Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach, who spoke with Sky Sports, Mayweather is looking for 10oz gloves and a fight weight of 154-pounds."

"We talked to Arum and he had the March date and May 1 available and Manny chose the earlier date because of the elections in the Phillipines, and I can't wait to get started," Roach told Sky Sports News. "It'll be the biggest fight of all time, the biggest pay-per-view event of all time and my main sparring partner will be Amir Khan."

"There's always negotiations, like he [Mayweather] wants 10oz gloves we want 8oz gloves, stuff like that, the weight he wants is 154lb, we want 147, so there's some issues but I think it can be solved. It's a tough fight because his style does give us difficulties, and we need to draft a plan for a new strategy. Yes, it's a tough fight but it's a fight Manny wants."

_________________
"I've always had a fascination with the bizarre,
the surreal, the Grand Guignol, the grotesque.
I've always liked imperfections. I never really
wanted to sell perfection."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Batha
Mayweather Jr. wants to weaken Canelo @ 147 so he can beat him.

_________________
There’s another potential Mexican tele-nobela award waiting for Marquez, the great ‘Mexican Whiner,’
the one who never loses a fight—only gets robbed.”— Boxing.com poster named Vince


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: Batha
BlackEagle wrote:
And he wants Manny at 154lbs.!

"According to Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach, who spoke with Sky Sports, Mayweather is looking for 10oz gloves and a fight weight of 154-pounds."

"We talked to Arum and he had the March date and May 1 available and Manny chose the earlier date because of the elections in the Phillipines, and I can't wait to get started," Roach told Sky Sports News. "It'll be the biggest fight of all time, the biggest pay-per-view event of all time and my main sparring partner will be Amir Khan."

"There's always negotiations, like he [Mayweather] wants 10oz gloves we want 8oz gloves, stuff like that, the weight he wants is 154lb, we want 147, so there's some issues but I think it can be solved. It's a tough fight because his style does give us difficulties, and we need to draft a plan for a new strategy. Yes, it's a tough fight but it's a fight Manny wants."


Wherever he has an advantage he will ask for it to his opponent.

_________________
There’s another potential Mexican tele-nobela award waiting for Marquez, the great ‘Mexican Whiner,’
the one who never loses a fight—only gets robbed.”— Boxing.com poster named Vince


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:41 pm
Posts: 131
Mojo98 wrote:
Rumors are swirling again around the sports of boxing about the next fight of Floyd "D'- Cherry-Picker" this coming September. It was reported that GBP who manage "Canelo Alvarez" is now under serious negotiations with Al Haymon and Mayweather Promotion.
But according to some insiders (who were told not to publish yet the details of negotiations-no wonder why they're so quiet about it) that everything is almost done except for the contract weight class. Some insiders learned that Mayweather was insisting that he will only face Alvarez @147lbs or within the catchweight of 148-150Lbs.
I guest the ball is now in GBP hands! We'll know if GBP would be willing to sacrifice their rising star in Canelo Alvarez.
Rumors are - people in GBP camp are now trying very hard to convince Canelo since the latter wants only to fight in his best weight @154Lbs (Junior Middle Weight Class).

If this is true, Who's the catchweight king then?? :peace:


I guess people will say since Manny has been fighting at catchweights then Mayweather should be given a break as well. That's true up to a certain extent. Mayweather won the Jr Middleweight title at 154 pounds against Cotto last year so why would he have to drop it down to 150 against Canelo? That's a double standard. He knows Canelo is young with power and Mayweather has to stand his ground more often since he's unable to run all over the ring for 12 straight rounds like he did when he was much younger. This will pose a problem for Mayweather since he risks getting clocked or knocked down by Canelo especially since he will be coming into the ring at close to 174 pounds. If they fight at a catchweight then people will not give Mayweather full credit especially since he's already won the title twice at a full 154 pounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:49 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:56 pm
Posts: 1071
Hahahah @ 147lbs, Fraud is pathetic!!! He walks at middleweight off training and wants to fight Canelo at 147lbs??! Another coward move by the Fraud. Of course Canelo wont comply and fight is off... then Fraud would say "see who's afraid? not me"

_________________
JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ is LANCE ARMSTRONG of BOXING!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm
Posts: 1127
Here he goes again... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
╟── ░▒▓█ The most important and precious moment in your life is "NOW"... this very moment... Not the past and certainly not the future... █▓▒░ ──╢


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 am
Posts: 2088
BDJr wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:
Rumors are swirling again around the sports of boxing about the next fight of Floyd "D'- Cherry-Picker" this coming September. It was reported that GBP who manage "Canelo Alvarez" is now under serious negotiations with Al Haymon and Mayweather Promotion.
But according to some insiders (who were told not to publish yet the details of negotiations-no wonder why they're so quiet about it) that everything is almost done except for the contract weight class. Some insiders learned that Mayweather was insisting that he will only face Alvarez @147lbs or within the catchweight of 148-150Lbs.
I guest the ball is now in GBP hands! We'll know if GBP would be willing to sacrifice their rising star in Canelo Alvarez.
Rumors are - people in GBP camp are now trying very hard to convince Canelo since the latter wants only to fight in his best weight @154Lbs (Junior Middle Weight Class).

If this is true, Who's the catchweight king then?? :peace:


I guess people will say since Manny has been fighting at catchweights then Mayweather should be given a break as well. That's true up to a certain extent. Mayweather won the Jr Middleweight title at 154 pounds against Cotto last year so why would he have to drop it down to 150 against Canelo? That's a double standard. He knows Canelo is young with power and Mayweather has to stand his ground more often since he's unable to run all over the ring for 12 straight rounds like he did when he was much younger. This will pose a problem for Mayweather since he risks getting clocked or knocked down by Canelo especially since he will be coming into the ring at close to 174 pounds. If they fight at a catchweight then people will not give Mayweather full credit especially since he's already won the title twice at a full 154 pounds.

Yep! I still remember Fraud camp is saying that unlike Pacquiao they only want to fight Junior Middle Weight Cotto at his best weight @154Lbs!
But the "Fraud" is now singing different tune :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:22 pm
Posts: 1204
when the fraud took on cotto at 154 lbs, they claim that unlike Pacquiao,floyd allows his opponent to fight at their optimal weight hence they agreed to fight at 154.

but now, they wanted canelo to fight at 147?!! and FYI, both the fraud and canelo holds a belt at 154!

wtf?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:17 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 am
Posts: 1435
..mayweather afraid to be he defeated from alvarez becuase the big alvaraez have power maywather are losess

_________________
..i am inlove to lee min jung lee min jung lee min jung lee min jung


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:56 pm
Posts: 1071
hisashi wrote:
..mayweather afraid to be he defeated from alvarez becuase the big alvaraez have power maywather are losess



sakit sa mata basahin...

_________________
JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ is LANCE ARMSTRONG of BOXING!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:20 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 am
Posts: 1435
Harold wrote:
hisashi wrote:
..mayweather afraid to be he defeated from alvarez becuase the big alvaraez have power maywather are losess



sakit sa mata basahin...



...i really appreciate that there is some one red my post yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo ksp

_________________
..i am inlove to lee min jung lee min jung lee min jung lee min jung


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 1444
I dunno why Floyd would do that. He did beat Cotto at 154lbs.

_________________
Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance.
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Visit http://dualfans.com [anime website]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18422
Location: Paradise
Well , Canelo won his belt on a catchweight too.
Didn't he?
Back to back catchweight title fight for WBC at 154-.
Lol
KFC does not want to fight Canelo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1802
crispyfry wrote:
I dunno why Floyd would do that. He did beat Cotto at 154lbs.



If you watched the "All Access..vs Guerrero"
Mayweather mentioned he will not do again the "mistake"
he made on Cotto fight...what is it?

Its clear now...
That he should always have a weight advantage! He took risk during Cotto fight
but never again...said the chicken! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group