Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm 
Cruiserweight

Rumors are swirling again around the sports of boxing about the next fight of Floyd "D'- Cherry-Picker" this coming September. It was reported that GBP who manage "Canelo Alvarez" is now under serious negotiations with Al Haymon and Mayweather Promotion.
But according to some insiders (who were told not to publish yet the details of negotiations-no wonder why they're so quiet about it) that everything is almost done except for the contract weight class. Some insiders learned that Mayweather was insisting that he will only face Alvarez @147lbs or within the catchweight of 148-150Lbs.
I guest the ball is now in GBP hands! We'll know if GBP would be willing to sacrifice their rising star in Canelo Alvarez.
Rumors are - people in GBP camp are now trying very hard to convince Canelo since the latter wants only to fight in his best weight @154Lbs (Junior Middle Weight Class).

If this is true, Who's the catchweight king then?? :peace:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

And he wants Manny at 154lbs.!

"According to Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach, who spoke with Sky Sports, Mayweather is looking for 10oz gloves and a fight weight of 154-pounds."

"We talked to Arum and he had the March date and May 1 available and Manny chose the earlier date because of the elections in the Phillipines, and I can't wait to get started," Roach told Sky Sports News. "It'll be the biggest fight of all time, the biggest pay-per-view event of all time and my main sparring partner will be Amir Khan."

"There's always negotiations, like he [Mayweather] wants 10oz gloves we want 8oz gloves, stuff like that, the weight he wants is 154lb, we want 147, so there's some issues but I think it can be solved. It's a tough fight because his style does give us difficulties, and we need to draft a plan for a new strategy. Yes, it's a tough fight but it's a fight Manny wants."

wanted to sell perfection."

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Mayweather Jr. wants to weaken Canelo @ 147 so he can beat him.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BlackEagle wrote:
And he wants Manny at 154lbs.!

"According to Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach, who spoke with Sky Sports, Mayweather is looking for 10oz gloves and a fight weight of 154-pounds."

"We talked to Arum and he had the March date and May 1 available and Manny chose the earlier date because of the elections in the Phillipines, and I can't wait to get started," Roach told Sky Sports News. "It'll be the biggest fight of all time, the biggest pay-per-view event of all time and my main sparring partner will be Amir Khan."

"There's always negotiations, like he [Mayweather] wants 10oz gloves we want 8oz gloves, stuff like that, the weight he wants is 154lb, we want 147, so there's some issues but I think it can be solved. It's a tough fight because his style does give us difficulties, and we need to draft a plan for a new strategy. Yes, it's a tough fight but it's a fight Manny wants."

Wherever he has an advantage he will ask for it to his opponent.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm 
Lightweight

Mojo98 wrote:
Rumors are swirling again around the sports of boxing about the next fight of Floyd "D'- Cherry-Picker" this coming September. It was reported that GBP who manage "Canelo Alvarez" is now under serious negotiations with Al Haymon and Mayweather Promotion.
But according to some insiders (who were told not to publish yet the details of negotiations-no wonder why they're so quiet about it) that everything is almost done except for the contract weight class. Some insiders learned that Mayweather was insisting that he will only face Alvarez @147lbs or within the catchweight of 148-150Lbs.
I guest the ball is now in GBP hands! We'll know if GBP would be willing to sacrifice their rising star in Canelo Alvarez.
Rumors are - people in GBP camp are now trying very hard to convince Canelo since the latter wants only to fight in his best weight @154Lbs (Junior Middle Weight Class).

I guess people will say since Manny has been fighting at catchweights then Mayweather should be given a break as well. That's true up to a certain extent. Mayweather won the Jr Middleweight title at 154 pounds against Cotto last year so why would he have to drop it down to 150 against Canelo? That's a double standard. He knows Canelo is young with power and Mayweather has to stand his ground more often since he's unable to run all over the ring for 12 straight rounds like he did when he was much younger. This will pose a problem for Mayweather since he risks getting clocked or knocked down by Canelo especially since he will be coming into the ring at close to 174 pounds. If they fight at a catchweight then people will not give Mayweather full credit especially since he's already won the title twice at a full 154 pounds.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:49 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Hahahah @ 147lbs, Fraud is pathetic!!! He walks at middleweight off training and wants to fight Canelo at 147lbs??! Another coward move by the Fraud. Of course Canelo wont comply and fight is off... then Fraud would say "see who's afraid? not me"

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Here he goes again... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

BDJr wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:

I guess people will say since Manny has been fighting at catchweights then Mayweather should be given a break as well. That's true up to a certain extent. Mayweather won the Jr Middleweight title at 154 pounds against Cotto last year so why would he have to drop it down to 150 against Canelo? That's a double standard. He knows Canelo is young with power and Mayweather has to stand his ground more often since he's unable to run all over the ring for 12 straight rounds like he did when he was much younger. This will pose a problem for Mayweather since he risks getting clocked or knocked down by Canelo especially since he will be coming into the ring at close to 174 pounds. If they fight at a catchweight then people will not give Mayweather full credit especially since he's already won the title twice at a full 154 pounds.

Yep! I still remember Fraud camp is saying that unlike Pacquiao they only want to fight Junior Middle Weight Cotto at his best weight @154Lbs!
But the "Fraud" is now singing different tune :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

when the fraud took on cotto at 154 lbs, they claim that unlike Pacquiao,floyd allows his opponent to fight at their optimal weight hence they agreed to fight at 154.

but now, they wanted canelo to fight at 147?!! and FYI, both the fraud and canelo holds a belt at 154!

wtf?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

..mayweather afraid to be he defeated from alvarez becuase the big alvaraez have power maywather are losess

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

hisashi wrote:
..mayweather afraid to be he defeated from alvarez becuase the big alvaraez have power maywather are losess

sakit sa mata basahin...

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Harold wrote:
hisashi wrote:

sakit sa mata basahin...

...i really appreciate that there is some one red my post yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo ksp

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I dunno why Floyd would do that. He did beat Cotto at 154lbs.

Visit http://dualfans.com [anime website]

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Well , Canelo won his belt on a catchweight too.
Didn't he?
Back to back catchweight title fight for WBC at 154-.
Lol
KFC does not want to fight Canelo.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:56 pm 
Light Heavyweight

crispyfry wrote:
I dunno why Floyd would do that. He did beat Cotto at 154lbs.

If you watched the "All Access..vs Guerrero"
Mayweather mentioned he will not do again the "mistake"
he made on Cotto fight...what is it?

Its clear now...
That he should always have a weight advantage! He took risk during Cotto fight
but never again...said the chicken! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next