Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:16 pm 
Middleweight

ok. so i found the link.

Manny Pacquiao is #1 on Yahoo’s Top Ten Trending:

http://www.mp8.ph/news/manny-pacquiao-1 ... ding/23291

i don't know about everyone else, but i'm confused. yes, i like boxing - always have. but seriously, what is it about this guy that is so apparently fascinating? i don't get it.

he's done no interviews (none that i can find), no singing, no this, no that and yet, here he is... the #1 trending topic on yahoo... i don't even get why i'm interested in him - and not just his boxing - his life, his religion changes, his political things, his personal dramas and all that rah rah.

i mean i'm an atheist. what do i care if he's suddenly a born again?

and i hate politics. i find it so so boring. yet, i'm reading up about what his poll results are and about the possible 'mauling' incident?

and i hate love songs, yet there i am, looking up youtubes of manny pacquiao singing duets with jimmy kimmel.

i don't like the way he gets all these other people to speak for him - arum, roach, koncz blah blah blah. i like people who speak for themselves.

i practically lived in the gay scene in sydney for how? many years? and manny's against all that.

i can't stand it when people blab on about how much money they have. it totally makes me lose respect for them. and yet there i am, watching manny on youtube doing a tour of his mansions. weird (me, i mean)

in theory, manny pacquiao represents most of the stuff i disagree with (although i do think he's a nice enough guy and a good boxer)

i should be liking floyd. well ok, i do like floyd (ok except his money exhibitionistic behaviour). but i don't really care if i hear hey, floyd's smacked around some 60 year old political boating captain dude. i wouldn't bother googling it.

and there are people here who spend a lot of time saying detrimental stuff about MP. i find that weird, too. i mean, i don't like tony abbott (the leader of the opposition over here). there is no way i would spent two seconds arguing on a forum about tony abbott (even if it was to trash him) because why would i waste my time? i'd rather do other things.

and when manny got knocked out, i was like 'oh my gaard!' and felt the blood drain from my face. i kept checking for updates all the time. is he ok? blah blah blah. is he out of hospital and what were the ct results etc etc etc. when ricky hatton (and anyone else) got knocked out, i think i said 'whoops'?

what is it - the whole rags to riches thing, what? why do you guys like him? or to his haters, why do you dudes spend so much time and effort finding out stuff about him and arguing? i don't get it.

:?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:44 pm 
Welterweight

Cause his a extraordinary gentlemen :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:05 pm 
Heavyweight

PIDOY wrote:

He's an extra-ordinary gentleman ?

Pinoy search Pac too much at Yahoo .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:08 pm 
Welterweight

That's how much God has blessed Manny Pacquiao even atheist like you became confused of themselves!!!
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:25 pm 
Welterweight

all the news about him is exciting to read. people loved him not just pinoys bt other races. love him or hate him....he is the only boxer who does not thrash talk or humiliate opponents in media. an example of a descent boxer. not like .... may....oooopppps

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:32 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
PIDOY wrote:

And 90% of Yahoo users are Pinoy?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

People, haters and fans alike, wants to know what is Manny's reaction on FMJ's recent announcement (fight against Canelo). They are searching for any interview/comment of MP on news, blogs, youtube and even his tweets :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Hi sis Melinda. Thank you for your candidness. you also have a better avatar!

Manny's enigmatic charisma has gone to that highest level where people love the person and the sports figure the likes if Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan amongst others. Win or Lose his popularity never wane. His humility may also be a big factor building up the Pacman brand. We may never see the likes if Manny 'Pacman' Pacquiao in a very long time. We Pinoys are so blessed that we witnessed the Manny Pacquiao era during our time. Let's cherish the remaining years of his pugilistic life while he is still around...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:29 pm 
Welterweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
PIDOY wrote:

Do the matching!

Compare yourself for what you are doing and what he does. Did anyone of this world close to what he did?

Maybe he looks like an ordinary people the way he moves and he talks but the way he think and what he did is too much compare to the ordinary people like us.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:43 pm 
Middleweight

pinoyblues wrote:
That's how much God has blessed Manny Pacquiao even atheist like you became confused of themselves!!!
:lol:

that's funny you should mention the religious part... because i consider myself to be a bad person (ok, a 'bad girl' :D ). evil, sometimes ^^. and no, i don't say this so people will say 'oh no, melinda, you're not bad' blah blah blah... i have a lot of self insight. i don't just think i'm a bad girl, i know i am. i'm always drawn to darkness and evil things.

i like bad boys... i don't like bible reading, suit wearing choirboys. also, i have this underlying disdain for all politicians and think they're fake liars.

one of my best friends asked me today what i'd been doing lately. i said 'not much', and then starting talking about manny pacquiao's next fight. them: 'who?' i raved on for ...how? many minutes about MP - oh he's that born again christian boxer who's a senator who stays up late doing bible study. him (after a long silence): 'huh. yeah right... so what have you reeeeaaally been doing?' me: 'i just told you' him: 'a born again politician? have you completely lost your mind?' me: 'why, what's wrong with that?' and then my friend starting in on born agains, how they're all full of it and rah rah rah. me: 'yeah maybe, but this dude's not like that'. him: 'oh b ull sh!t melinda. wake up!' and we ended up having a big argument about it and i hung up on him.

and this guy's been my best friend for years. my mum overheard the shouting and asked who i was talking to and what was all the yelling about. after a while, my friend started sending me texts saying he was sorry and was i ok and... i just. i don't know why i got so annoyed. i feel like my party-type friends don't want to be friends with me if i quote ghandi or if i start talking about any kind of theology. the few christian people i do know (a couple of relatives), don't want to talk to me unless i'm on my knees and going to church. a couple of almost nazi friends i have roll their eyes if i mention a steven spielberg film.

but yeah, so i wanted to ask other people why this dude seems to inspire such fascination. i'm still shaking my head about it. :?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:46 pm 
Middleweight

kuya_john wrote:
People, haters and fans alike, wants to know what is Manny's reaction on FMJ's recent announcement (fight against Canelo). They are searching for any interview/comment of MP on news, blogs, youtube and even his tweets :-)

maybe... i don't know. but get this. i just googled 'manny pacquiao' and there were 32 million results. i googled 'manny pacquiao -mayweather' (meaning any article with 'mayweather' won't be shown) and i got 41 million results.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:56 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
PIDOY wrote:

Aren't you gonna correct his english?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:57 pm 
Middleweight

Grab the opportunity and nothing is wrong with trying everything while you can still do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

Absence makes the heart grows fonder.

Many have been missing Pacquiao that is
why they want to hear news about him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It simply means that Pacquiao still has it... Fans and haters alike... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next