Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

In his recent fights Manny Pacquiao never ceased to amaze us with his penchant for making controversial and ill-advised moves and hullaballoos. This time he has announced his decision to train in Gen San, a move that is definitely positive and a departure from the past.

This is a welcome news indeed! All Paclanders pactards, apostates and even would-be haters will see the merits of this move by Manny. BTW this was an offshoot emanating from the two concerned, and close-to-his-heart ladies, namely Jinky and Aling Dionesia. Jinky has been elected the vice-governor of Saranggani. This being the case she needs Manny near her for advise and moral support. And (this could be the underlying reason) because of her official position it would be impossible for her to follow Manny in the States for a long duration stay. She may be charged with dereliction of duty and abandonment of post if she absents herself quite long. On the other hand, she cannot allow Manny (she learned from bitter experience) to travel to the States without her because for Christ(a) sakes the other woman is within spitting distance from WCG.

On the part of Aling Dionesia, she wants Manny to win very badly. Why? Because she loves her son and is very concerned of his legacy. She wants to prove that now that Manny has reverted to practicing Catholicism, he will be on his winning ways again. She also wants to guard him from the PESTORS most especially from Eric Soriano who is based in USA. And ensure that Manny is not distracted by sycophants who eat, sleep, sing, play and pray with him in the California apartment.

Manny and Arum agreed to this scenario because Gen San is near Macau. Press people from various countries primarily USA will be forced to sojourn to Asia thus familiarizing themselves with the culture and the environment. Local journos from the Phils and Asia as a whole will have an advantage, inherent of the distance, over foreign press Also last time, they suspected that there was a mole or what who was able to pass on strategic and tactical secrets to Camp Marquez. By staying in Gen San, Team Pacquiao will be assured of secrecy. Manny is also trying to economize a bit by saving on entourage expenses which ran into millions in recent past fights.

The writing on the wall says Manny Pacquiao is back and ready to string spectacular victories in the next three years that will catapult him to greater heights of personal triumph and achievement.

Manny Pacquiao is an ambitious and hardworking individual unique in his appreciation of his place in history. There is no place for defeat in his grand plan, the only option is a sensational victory.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:14 am 
Middleweight

I like your optimism! Let's hope our champ would ACTUALLY train hard as he previously stated "We shall rise again!" after a bitter defeat against his arch rival.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 am 
Cruiserweight

DITTO the comments from FLIPOXER....

It all comes down to Manny's Committment to Training! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 am 
Heavyweight

You have very valid observations Pranzer. However, I'll keep my optimism
in check. I'll look past Pacquiao's training stage. I don't care where he
trains as long as he trains well the way he used to.

My proof is on fight night. His performance and its result will say all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 am 
Heavyweight

Bad news.
At the Wild Card, he can find suitable sparring partners much easier.
In Gen San, he'd be sparring with Pinoy amateurs.
Like the last time he was there.
Then you'll have way too many people in the gym.
Freddie will have his hands full.

Are there hills in Gen San where Pac can jog ?
In LA, there's one.
ALA boxers don't run uphill . Their boxers' lack of stamina shows it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Bad news.

In LA, there's one.

He can bring a dozen, non-pinoy, career spar mates or young pro fighters if they want to.
They can clear out the gym when its time for training if they want to.
There's lots of ways to simulate uphill running if there's no hills in GenSan (which I think they have lots of).
Pacquiao can make sure Roach has full and unquestioned control with regards to training if that's what it takes.

The only obstacle to having a good training camp is Pacquiao's dedication, not Geography.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:24 am 
Heavyweight

Quote:
He can bring a dozen, non-pinoy, career spar mates or young pro fighters if they want to.
They can clear out the gym when its time for training if they want to.
There's lots of ways to simulate uphill running if there's no hills in GenSan (which I think they have lots of).
Pacquiao can make sure Roach has full and unquestioned control with regards to training if that's what it takes.

The only obstacle to having a good training camp is Pacquiao's dedication, not Geography.

Easier said than done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 am 
Cruiserweight

Pessimism vs Optimism

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
-William Arthur Ward

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." -Bill Vaughan

In a candid manner, it's better to be an optimist than a pessimist... but the endorsements for pessimism are often more persuasive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 am 
Welterweight

it all depends really on pac on how he'll handle his training.. hopefully there will be no distractions and yes thankfully aling dionisia will be on watch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:10 am 
Heavyweight

goddammit, no more bs, I wanna see Pac on the way back into the WIN column again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:31 am 
Welterweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Bad news.

In LA, there's one.

Manny can have the gym all his own in GenSan
Manny can jog to Mt. Matutom if he wants to
Yes, he can afford to have as many sparring partners that he wants to. Many aspiring boxers would be glad to have in their credentials being a sparring partner of Manny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

:lol: :lol: :lol: Manny can have as many sparring partners as he can. pwede nya pagsabay-sabayin sila lahat. bwahahahaha!!!!!

seriously, regardless of the place, Manny's team should plan well his training and make sure all the right components are there. including his dedication to have an effective training and not a cramming session. otherwise come fight night, because of cramming, his body may not be that conditioned to resist and be able to withstood Rios' punches. look at what happened to a lighter fisted Marquez, he knocked pacquiao down!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

[Manny Pacquiao is an ambitious and hardworking individual unique in his appreciation of his place in history. There is no place for defeat in his grand plan, the only option is a sensational victory.[/quote]

The above statement is true of the "Young" version of Manny Pacquiao who was able to bounce back successfully from defeats (Torrecampo - 1996, Singsurat - 1999, and Morales 1 - 2005). But the young version of Pacquiao was also known for dedication, focus/concentration, and "hunger" when it comes to training. The Older (present) version of Pacquaio is now fraught with the "The Evil 3 Ds of Training," (Distractions, Distractions, and Distractions) aka "The Surefire Recipe for Disaster in the Ring." They are also commonly known as politics, show biz, and religion. With money, power, world-wide recognition and the usual distractions, it would be near-impossible for the "Old" version of Pacquiao to train like the "Young" version did and come out with a sensational victory (vs. Rios). Just sayin.'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 am 
Light Heavyweight

Everytime he trains in visayas,he always underperformed.his 2nd fight with barerra ,i believe he trained in cebu.pac won but he wasnt that explosive when he first defeated barera in san antonio texas.when he fought oscar larios in manila,manny spent his training in cebu agaiin.larios almost got him in one of the rounds.his last fight with marquez,pac started training in his hometown of gen san and we know what happened next.i believe the best place for his training is in baguio.the high altitude can do wonders for him.when he beat cotto in 2009,he trained in baguio and that was the last best performance of manny pacquiao.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 am 
Cruiserweight

rex david wrote:
Everytime he trains in visayas,he always underperformed.his 2nd fight with barerra ,i believe he trained in cebu.pac won but he wasnt that explosive when he first defeated barera in san antonio texas.when he fought oscar larios in manila,manny spent his training in cebu agaiin.larios almost got him in one of the rounds.his last fight with marquez,pac started training in his hometown of gen san and we know what happened next.i believe the best place for his training is in baguio.the high altitude can do wonders for him.when he beat cotto in 2009,he trained in baguio and that was the last best performance of manny pacquiao.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

wanted to sell perfection."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next