Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:23 am 
Cruiserweight

Like father, like son!
Floydiots are all over Pacland claiming that it was their daddy Floydy who's the real cashcow in his two PPV Buys all time records!

Is it Floydy or his two with Mexican blood opponents that made his fights the two highest all time PPV Buy records?

If Floydiots can show me 2M PPV BUYS record of Floydy fighting someone without Mexican blood i will surrender and agree that Floydy is the real cash cow!
Prove me wrong Floydiots! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:58 am 
Light Heavyweight

Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!
Floydiots are all over Pacland claiming that it was their daddy Floydy who's the real cashcow in his two PPV Buys all time records!

Is it Floydy or his two with Mexican blood opponents that made his fights the two highest all time PPV Buy records?

If Floydiots can show me 2M PPV BUYS record of Floydy fighting someone without Mexican blood i will surrender and agree that Floydy is the real cash cow!

as a "gauge" to measure floyd's drawing power, you can look at the common opponents between mayweather and pacquiao................. LOL...

the difference in those fights will just be mayweather and pacquiao........... the opponents are who they are.............. for all intents and purposes, those opponents have a "set" draw.... with the difference in ppv being money and manny............ LOL...

you can START off with the delahoya fights for both............
delahoya being the star that he's always been since he turned pro after the olympics.............
which ppv attracted more buyers?????????????????? and by how much??????????????????? LOL...
and continue................

btw, you will NEVER get what you are looking for since there has ONLY been 2 ppv's with over 2MILLION buys......... which floyd happens to be in the leading fight in BOTH...........

pacquiao's fight with delahoya already shows that he (pac) will NEVER have a 2M+ ppv WITHOUT floyd............. who, happens to NOT be hispanic.... or even if he's matched with ANY other HISPANIC in the WORLD.............. LOL....
pacquiao already fell SHORT way, WAY SHORT of that with delahoya.............. LOL...

bottom line is that YES, mayweather has a LOT to do with those MONSTROUS numbers.............. again, look at the delahoya fights to see how mayweather ADDED to the MONSTROUSITY of that ppv.... and pac did NOT........... LOL...

you can also look at alvarez's previous fights............... have you seen ANYTHING close to what he did with mayweather??????????????????? of course NOT................

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:10 am 
Lightweight

Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

Based on your logic, if you can show me 2M PPV buys of Dela Hoya and Canelo fights without Floyd, then I would agree and surrender that Floyd is not the cash cow? :lol:

Come on Pacturd!

I don't deny that Dela hoya and Canelo has a good following but the fact is Floyd is a bigger factor why those event is a blockbuster...and you can't deny the fact that in those two highest grossing boxing event, you only see one common name and that is Floyd! Make it three when Floyd-Manny materializes...

Btw, I'm not a Floydiot nor a Pacturd, I'm more of a fan of the sport...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 am 
Heavyweight

yeah against the groin, had some valid points... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:32 am 
Heavyweight

Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

Why are you guys always trying hard to discredit everything connected to Floyd. Come on, man, it's not funny at all. I don't like Floyd's arrogance too, but come on, you have to give credit where credit is due. Don't you think there is a big reason why Floyd is currently the highest-paid athlete, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:59 am 
Cruiserweight

theDon wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

Why are you guys always trying hard to discredit everything connected to Floyd. Come on, man, it's not funny at all. I don't like Floyd's arrogance too, but come on, you have to give credit where credit is due. Don't you think there is a big reason why Floyd is currently the highest-paid athlete, eh?

thats because for them there will always be just one and only one great boxer in and out side the ring. its too hard for them to accept the fact that some black boring guy is better and paid better than their god.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 am 
Cruiserweight

against the grain wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

as a "gauge" to measure floyd's drawing power, you can look at the common opponents between mayweather and pacquiao................. LOL...

the difference in those fights will just be mayweather and pacquiao........... the opponents are who they are.............. for all intents and purposes, those opponents have a "set" draw.... with the difference in ppv being money and manny............ LOL...

you can START off with the delahoya fights for both............
delahoya being the star that he's always been since he turned pro after the olympics.............
which ppv attracted more buyers?????????????????? and by how much??????????????????? LOL...
and continue................

btw, you will NEVER get what you are looking for since there has ONLY been 2 ppv's with over 2MILLION buys......... which floyd happens to be in the leading fight in BOTH...........

pacquiao's fight with delahoya already shows that he (pac) will NEVER have a 2M+ ppv WITHOUT floyd............. who, happens to NOT be hispanic.... or even if he's matched with ANY other HISPANIC in the WORLD.............. LOL....
pacquiao already fell SHORT way, WAY SHORT of that with delahoya.............. LOL...

bottom line is that YES, mayweather has a LOT to do with those MONSTROUS numbers.............. again, look at the delahoya fights to see how mayweather ADDED to the MONSTROUSITY of that ppv.... and pac did NOT........... LOL...

you can also look at alvarez's previous fights............... have you seen ANYTHING close to what he did with mayweather??????????????????? of course NOT................

Sorry to say that when Dela Hoya fought Manny he's not that big draw anymore and Manny is not yet really big in the US as Floydy was.
But every boxing experts believed that Dela Hoya was the cash cow at that time contrary to what Floydiots and Floydy claims.

Pacquiao PPV is not in question here because we never claim that his fight can break all time records except, maybe if Floydy will pull down his balls from his neck and decides to fight Pacquiao. But taking from his own mouth "...my health is more important..." that's how scared Floydy to Pacquiao's arsenal in boxing- so it will never happen!

It takes two to tango! Right? Floydy can not claim that he is the only reason why they have such success in the all time PPV records.

All i'm saying is Floydy can never reach 2M+ PPV buys from fighting someone who doesn't have big fan based from Latino population in the US as Dela Hoya and The Promising Canelo Alvarez has.

He can't reach that 2M+ PPV buys if it's not Dela Hoya and Alvarez or someone like Pacquiao who all have huge followers than him.

Last edited by Mojo98 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:13 am 
Heavyweight

I still think that Floyd is the biggest reason why PPV records hit so high..

Floyd knows how to sell the fight..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 am 
Cruiserweight

theDon wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

Majority of boxing fans hate this guy and majority wants this guy to lose.
If you know why he want to protect at all cost his 0 loss record by handpicking his opponent you would know why he's the highest paid right now.
As long as there are people who will usher his ego, his arrogance will continue.
Mexican-American are the only people left buying his boring fight and this is not because of him but because of Mexican fighters involve in the undercards.
No wonder why he loves to fight during Mexican holidays only, yet he will brag that he's the draw without giving credit to his mexican opponent fan based.
You are right for saying to give where the credit is due, but this arrogant guy is not with you.

Last edited by Mojo98 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 am 
Featherweight

why the pinoy is so obsessed with pacquiao for them there is only one pound-for-pound king and it's pacquiao, there is only one cash cow in boxing and it's pacquiao, for them pacquiao is the paper-view king.

Last edited by Coca-Cola mismo on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 am 
Featherweight

Mojo98 wrote:
theDon wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

If you know why he want to protect at all cost his 0 loss record by handpicking his opponent you would know why he's the highest paid right now.
As long as there are people who will usher his ego, his arrogance will continue.
Mexican-American are the only people left buying his boring fight and this is not because of him but because of Mexican fighters involve in the undercards.
No wonder why he loves to fight during Mexican holidays only, yet he will brag that he's the draw without giving credit to his mexican opponent fan based.
You are right for saying to give where the credit is due, but this arrogant took all the credit.

maybe for you because your're a pinoy and yo hate the guy personally, but not in the other country.
people watch him because of the skill he has in the ring.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:55 am 
Middleweight

i think Pacquiao too,without his mexican friends he will not get paid that much,thanks too Marquez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:58 am 
Cruiserweight

Mojo98 wrote:
theDon wrote:
Mojo98 wrote:
Like father, like son!

You are right for saying to give where the credit is due, but this arrogant took all the credit.

Coca-Cola mismo wrote:
maybe for you because your're a pinoy and yo hate the guy personally, but not in the other country.

Do you like an arrogant person? :banghead:
Or it is ok not to like an arrogant person? :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

BERT JR. wrote:
i think Pacquiao too,without his mexican friends he will not get paid that much,thanks too Marquez

Yes! We always give credit to Pacquiao's opponent. No question to that! and we always count their fans to the success of his PPV Buys.
I thought you're a pactard for a month :biglaugh:

Lumabas ang pagka-itim ng buto mo Bert :bounce1:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm 
Featherweight

Mojo98 wrote:

Coca-Cola mismo wrote:

Do you like an arrogant person? :banghead:
Or it is ok not to like an arrogant person? :biglaugh:

we are talking about boxing here a contact sport, a blood sport. we aint talking a sunday mass.

Last edited by Coca-Cola mismo on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.