Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:06 pm 
Heavyweight

“So if Mayweather and Pacquiao want to do it again. And want to do it every year for the rest of their lives, and because they can make money doing it, who am I to say no?  I’m just not gonna take part in it,” he added.

PAY-PER-VIEW

‘MayPac 2’ is likely to go down in December, adding to an already congested Pay-Per-View market.On the back of HBO broadcasting Canelo v GGG 2, Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury is heading to rivals Showtime PPV.

Also, Mayweather v Pacquiao 2 may not be as lucrative as it once was, but is still set to retail at at least $69.95.

The last fight was sold at $89.95 for SD and $99.95 for HD and saw Mayweather win a one-sided contest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm 
Middleweight

boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
“So if Mayweather and Pacquiao want to do it again. And want to do it every year for the rest of their lives, and because they can make money doing it, who am I to say no?  I’m just not gonna take part in it,” he added.

PAY-PER-VIEW

‘MayPac 2’ is likely to go down in December, adding to an already congested Pay-Per-View market.On the back of HBO broadcasting Canelo v GGG 2, Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury is heading to rivals Showtime PPV.

Also, Mayweather v Pacquiao 2 may not be as lucrative as it once was, but is still set to retail at at least $69.95.

The last fight was sold at $89.95 for SD and $99.95 for HD and saw Mayweather win a one-sided contest.

The last fight was sold at $89.95 for SD and $99.95 for HD and saw Mayweather win a one-sided contest....

what??? one-sided contest?? maybe one-sided paid/blinded judges! lol :lol: :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:55 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao Strength and Conditioning Coach Comments On Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2

Niall Doran
Manny Pacquiao’s strength and conditioner Justin Fortune is known as one of the very best in the game in terms of what he does to help top-level fighters get in the best possible condition.

This coupled with diet is vital for a fighter like Manny Pacquiao at this stage of his career.

Now 39 years of age, the Pacquiao work ethic is legendary, but now his training needs to be smarter and getting the required rest is absolutely vital.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:56 am 
Heavyweight

Fortune was credited with Pacquiao getting into supreme condition last time out for his recent stoppage win over Lucas Matthysse in Malaysia.

Speaking to Villainfy Media, Fortune said on the Mayweather rematch being planned:

“Who knows what’s Floyd’s talking about. Floyd doesn’t even know what Floyd is talking. Who knows? It would be great if it does it’s a good fight, a good TV fight, people will still want to see it and there’s still some ridiculous money for both fighters to be made. So why not?”

Heavyweight

He added:

“It would be great if it happens but if it doesn’t happen Manny will fight someone else. Well I mean Manny and Floyd are freaks in their sport so they have not slowed down. Give Floyd a warm up or whatever he wants. These are still top-level fighters who would beat 90 or 95 per cent of the fighters out there. A load of people want to see it, I know Manny wants it. Good money, good sense.”

Heavyweight

The fight itself is still somewhat up in the air however after Mayweather told TMZ earlier this week that he wants a rematch first before taking on Pacquiao in the rematch.

By all accounts, both Mayweather and Pacquiao want this rematch however so expect it to happen at some point.

Pacquiao is currently still in the market for a promoter and new TV or platform at this point of time.

He has said he’s having a fight in December so expect news on the opponent either way in the next week or two.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Floyd Mayweather has added further fuel to rumours he is set for a return to the ring - by showing off his toned physique.

The 41-year-old recently said on hisInstagram that he will rematch long-time foe Manny Pacquiao later this year.

And the former five-weight world champion has taken to the social media platform again to post a picture of himself after just one weeks training.

Alongside the image, Mayweather said: "Not bad for one week of training #UNDEFEATED."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Floyd Mayweather shows off results after just one week's training as Manny Pacquiao talk continues

The undefeated middleweight boxer has said he will fight Manny Pacquiao again this year

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 pm 
Heavyweight

The pair faced off back in 2015, in what was regarded as one of the most anticipated sporting events in history.

However the fight failed to live up to its billing, with Mayweather emerging the victor on a unanimous points decision.

Pacquiao now holds the WBA World Welterweight Title, which could be on the line should a fight between the Phillipino and Mayweather be confirmed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 am 
Heavyweight

Floyd Mayweather Wants To Fight In Tokyo Before Pacquiao Rematch

By

Jon Fuentes

-

Sep 22, 2018

The talk of a rematch between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao has been dominating the boxing world.

Heavyweight

Back in May of 2015, Mayweather defeated Pacquiao after 12 rounds of fighting, via unanimous decision. For years talk of a rematch has loomed, and it looks like now it might actually happen. Mayweather threw out the challenge last weekend when he called “The Pac-Man” out.

Mayweather would like to fight Pacquiao in December of this year. Before he gets back into the ring against Pacquiao, however, it looks like “Money” wants a tune-up fight or two. TMZ Sports reports that Mayweather will take a fight in Tokyo first to warm up.

Heavyweight

In fact, it looks like Mayweather is looking at opponents beyond the world of boxing. He hasn’t made a decision yet, but he is looking at kickboxers and MMA fighters as well. Interestingly enough, Conor McGregor’s name has reportedly not been mentioned.

Mayweather’s plans are much bigger than boxing. His plan is to put on a big show for fans in Tokyo to open up the Asian market. This will lead to other business interests such as clothing and endorsements.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 am 
Heavyweight

A date for a potential Tokyo fight has yet to be set in stone, but it’s said that Mayweather is eying a New Year’s Eve date if he can land a big enough venue. If all goes according to plan, fans could see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao II in 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:19 pm 
Heavyweight

“Manny Pacquiao is my hero. He is my idol. It’s always a treat to watch him fight in the ring. Obviously, we’re both southpaws. Other than that, I respect him for what he has done for his family through boxing,” - Sor Rungvisai

Last edited by boxing_the_no1_sport on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:20 pm 
Heavyweight

It is instinctive for people to look for someone to idolize, look up to and imitate. Someone from whom they draw strength and inspiration from, to go on with their lives towards where they want to go and what they want to be.

This is the reason why people look up to the rich and famous, brilliant celebrities who grace the celluloid movie screens, remarkable athletes who have made names and millions, wealthy business tycoons, and the list goes on and on.

While plotting his transition from Muay Thai to boxing in 2009, reigning WBC Super Flyweight World Champion Srisaket Sor Rungvisai never had to look too far for inspiration when he started to learn the ropes of pugilism.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next