Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
:toast: :beer:

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
rizalincarnate wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.



As if these things never happened in the previous administrations! During the time of Marcos, our economy was in shambles. During the time of Cory, the economy failed to recover due to endless coup d'etat tries against her. Forward to P-noy's admin, China had forbidden our fishermen from our own shoals, but now they can go there and fish; PDAF and DAP were examples of legalized plunder that deprived our people of basic services. The ASG has been terrorizing us since the beginning but what have the other presidents done? And now, you are attributing these to the present admin? And how can you say that Duterte has ruined our economy? We have better prospects now under him than any other corrupt presidents before him. We ain't seen nothin' yet. And don't push the panic button yet on the peso depreciation. It may be bad for import (gasoline, etc), but it's good for export and our OFWs.

Duterte had no enemies, but some people turned themselves into his enemies. They got their comeuppance. These people have skeletons in their closets so they try to make noise to cover up their shenanigans. Those waiting to be killed are criminals, and if you are one of them, beware! You still have time to change your evil ways.

Its because of Hypocrazy , Emmanuel is example of that or just a Yellow Fanatics..He don't even criticize Cory and PNOY, Or maybe he read to much yellow propaganda machinery :lol:

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
dan44 wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.



As if these things never happened in the previous administrations! During the time of Marcos, our economy was in shambles. During the time of Cory, the economy failed to recover due to endless coup d'etat tries against her. Forward to P-noy's admin, China had forbidden our fishermen from our own shoals, but now they can go there and fish; PDAF and DAP were examples of legalized plunder that deprived our people of basic services. The ASG has been terrorizing us since the beginning but what have the other presidents done? And now, you are attributing these to the present admin? And how can you say that Duterte has ruined our economy? We have better prospects now under him than any other corrupt presidents before him. We ain't seen nothin' yet. And don't push the panic button yet on the peso depreciation. It may be bad for import (gasoline, etc), but it's good for export and our OFWs.

Duterte had no enemies, but some people turned themselves into his enemies. They got their comeuppance. These people have skeletons in their closets so they try to make noise to cover up their shenanigans. Those waiting to be killed are criminals, and if you are one of them, beware! You still have time to change your evil ways.

Its because of Hypocrazy , Emmanuel is example of that or just a Yellow Fanatics..He don't even criticize Cory and PNOY, Or maybe he read to much yellow propaganda machinery :lol:


Try a little harder , ad hominem argument as usual , when will you ever learn, whether boxing and now politics, you haven't changed a bit and I've been out of this site for some time. You live and die by your emoticons , as if they can make up for your utter lack of sense.


Last edited by Emmanuel53 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
unswanani wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.





Fuucck me dead! Jim Paredes is this you Mr. Look at Me? lol. I've heard and read that style (Funny) many times. I can smell blood here now.


Tsk , look at the handle , and check the history, Jim has never been known to be a boxing fan. Nice try but dismal fail sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 pm
Posts: 1083
Location: In exile
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.


rizalincarnate wrote:
As if these things never happened in the previous administrations! During the time of Marcos, our economy was in shambles. During the time of Cory, the economy failed to recover due to endless coup d'etat tries against her. Forward to P-noy's admin, China had forbidden our fishermen from our own shoals, but now they can go there and fish; PDAF and DAP were examples of legalized plunder that deprived our people of basic services. The ASG has been terrorizing us since the beginning but what have the other presidents done? And now, you are attributing these to the present admin? And how can you say that Duterte has ruined our economy? We have better prospects now under him than any other corrupt presidents before him. We ain't seen nothin' yet. And don't push the panic button yet on the peso depreciation. It may be bad for import (gasoline, etc), but it's good for export and our OFWs.

Duterte had no enemies, but some people turned themselves into his enemies. They got their comeuppance. These people have skeletons in their closets so they try to make noise to cover up their shenanigans. Those waiting to be killed are criminals, and if you are one of them, beware! You still have time to change your evil ways.


Emmanuel53 wrote:
Good for exports if there is no trade imbalance, but you see there is a larger trade deficit which means more dollars going out than dollars coming in, and this would further be exacerbated if EU countries would discontinue trade free tariff exports for more than 6000 Philippine products.
And so you need Chinese permission to fish on our own waters now even after the international tribunal ruling? You see even the Supreme Court ruling on the DAP recognized that it accelerated development , it was the method which was questioned - the PDAF had a website which detailed specific spending including details like the project, location, amounts disbursed , the lawmaker involved so there was actually greater transparency.
Close to 8000 of Filipinos have been killed - are all of them criminals? It took one Korean for Duterte to admit that 40% of the police force was corrupt - so who would now be accountable for the lives lost during the campaign spearheaded by a police force that was in Duterte's own words 40% corrupt?
Unemployment has gone up , budget deficit is near 400 billion, Aquino actually shrunk the budget deficit from 300 billion during Arroyo's time to 72 billion by 2014 and now it's back. Diokno admitted that the country's economic fundamentals were strong due to Aquino's fiscal management - and if there was one thing the Aquino administration was guilty of , it was underspending.



So if there is a larger trade deficit, you want these countries to just import our inferior products and pamper our manufacturers? You have to be competitive and not just wait for government to spoonfeed you. So what if EU cancels free tariff for our products? We can always reciprocate in kind. But rather than EU, we're better off doing business with our ASEAN neighbors. The world is actually wooing ASEAN to include them in ASEAN trade and economic fora.

So what if you need to ask permission from the Chinese? Be practical. Last time I heard, our fishermen couldn't even fish in their own territory even with permission. It's a no-brainer which situation favors our fishermen, so you better ask them which one they'd prefer.

That 40% or even higher, of the police force are corrupt is common knowledge. They've been with us for as far as I can remember. Most are leftovers from previous admins because they were weak presidents. Duterte is now cleansing the police and even the bureaucracy, but you still complain! Blame yourself for being weak and tolerating weakness.

I'm not sure if all of the 8000 killed were criminals, but I believe most of those killed in police encounters are. Vigilante killings should not be attributed to the police; doing so would be sheer idiocy.

You quoted it correctly when you said Aquino's admin was guilty of underspending, and therein lies the reason why our budget deficit shrunk: because of the so-called savings kuno. By the way, the SC probably stated a general principle that when you allocate budgets for projects, naturally there would be some developments, but greater transparency you said? Perhaps you were living in another planet that you have not heard that most of these allocations went into the pockets of Napoles and our honorable lawmakers who are now in jail.

_________________
In a land of geniuses, an average person is looked down as an id**t;
in a land of idiots, a genius is looked down as a fool.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.


Last edited by rizalincarnate on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:15 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.


what the points your raising here..almost one year na ang data na yan, and our economy still growing at 6% + average, with our Economy heavily dependent on USA, with the new USA president in place and change on USA policy, the dollar exchange rate has nothing to do with Duterte. ...I understand the facts that you are a yellow fanatics..with stagnant Hepatitis disease :lol:

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
rizalincarnate wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.


rizalincarnate wrote:
As if these things never happened in the previous administrations! During the time of Marcos, our economy was in shambles. During the time of Cory, the economy failed to recover due to endless coup d'etat tries against her. Forward to P-noy's admin, China had forbidden our fishermen from our own shoals, but now they can go there and fish; PDAF and DAP were examples of legalized plunder that deprived our people of basic services. The ASG has been terrorizing us since the beginning but what have the other presidents done? And now, you are attributing these to the present admin? And how can you say that Duterte has ruined our economy? We have better prospects now under him than any other corrupt presidents before him. We ain't seen nothin' yet. And don't push the panic button yet on the peso depreciation. It may be bad for import (gasoline, etc), but it's good for export and our OFWs.

Duterte had no enemies, but some people turned themselves into his enemies. They got their comeuppance. These people have skeletons in their closets so they try to make noise to cover up their shenanigans. Those waiting to be killed are criminals, and if you are one of them, beware! You still have time to change your evil ways.


Emmanuel53 wrote:
Good for exports if there is no trade imbalance, but you see there is a larger trade deficit which means more dollars going out than dollars coming in, and this would further be exacerbated if EU countries would discontinue trade free tariff exports for more than 6000 Philippine products.
And so you need Chinese permission to fish on our own waters now even after the international tribunal ruling? You see even the Supreme Court ruling on the DAP recognized that it accelerated development , it was the method which was questioned - the PDAF had a website which detailed specific spending including details like the project, location, amounts disbursed , the lawmaker involved so there was actually greater transparency.
Close to 8000 of Filipinos have been killed - are all of them criminals? It took one Korean for Duterte to admit that 40% of the police force was corrupt - so who would now be accountable for the lives lost during the campaign spearheaded by a police force that was in Duterte's own words 40% corrupt?
Unemployment has gone up , budget deficit is near 400 billion, Aquino actually shrunk the budget deficit from 300 billion during Arroyo's time to 72 billion by 2014 and now it's back. Diokno admitted that the country's economic fundamentals were strong due to Aquino's fiscal management - and if there was one thing the Aquino administration was guilty of , it was underspending.



So if there is a larger trade deficit, you want these countries to just import our inferior products and pamper our manufacturers? You have to be competitive and not just wait for government to spoonfeed you. So what if EU cancels free tariff for our products? We can always reciprocate in kind. But rather than EU, we're better off doing business with our ASEAN neighbors. The world is actually wooing ASEAN to include them in ASEAN trade and economic fora.

So what if you need to ask permission from the Chinese? Be practical. Last time I heard, our fishermen couldn't even fish in their own territory even with permission. It's a no-brainer which situation favors our fishermen, so you better ask them which one they'd prefer.

That 40% or even higher, of the police force are corrupt is common knowledge. They've been with us for as far as I can remember. Most are leftovers from previous admins because they were weak presidents. Duterte is now cleansing the police and even the bureaucracy, but you still complain! Blame yourself for being weak and tolerating weakness.

I'm not sure if all of the 8000 killed were criminals, but I believe most of those killed in police encounters are. Vigilante killings should not be attributed to the police; doing so would be sheer idiocy.

You quoted it correctly when you said Aquino's admin was guilty of underspending, and therein lies the reason why our budget deficit shrunk: because of the so-called savings kuno. By the way, the SC probably stated a general principle that when you allocate budgets for projects, naturally there would be some developments, but greater transparency you said? Perhaps you were living in another planet that you have not heard that most of these allocations went into the pockets of Napoles and our honorable lawmakers who are now in jail.


Our inferior products , come again? The trade imbalance is with China , not with the United States or Japan our three top trading partners, you think we'll ever have a positive balance vis a vis Chinese products keep on dreaming, I've had first hand experience, our garments factory had to close shop because the market was flooded with cheap Chinese goods.
Do you have to ask permission from your tenant to enter your own house? The international tribunal already gave us the high ground, and we're ceding that - do I have to remind you about Duterte's jet ski remark and the complete turnaround afterwards - but of course he has broken most of his promises , including that one about pork barrel because it remains the carrot aside of course from intimidation to keep members of congress in line.
So he knew that 40% of the police force was corrupt , then why would you unleash that type of group in the drug campaign, why not cleanse it first , that's putting the cart before the horse - because he doesn't care about the lives of the poor, to him they're simply lab rats in an experiment and if he was so successful in Davao , why are there still drugs in Davao more than 20 years after he took office? Why did it take one single Korean fatality, not the thousands of Filipinos including kids , for him to acknowledge the ineptness of the force he was unleashing on hapless citizens? Any vigilante caught in Davao after more than a thousand killings , how about after close to 6000 kills in the country , any substantial development or significant arrests made - the human rights director who wrote the report on EJKs noted in an interview - how can an armed group roam around freely in heavily patrolled areas and not get caught if the police are not complicit?
And Napoles got caught , correct - now some of the biggest crooks including Arroyo, Bolante , et al and perhaps even Napoles in the near future are being freed. The tendency of corrupt people is to overspend , more projects , more sources of corruption, right.
Duterte lies and he lies blatantly - he actually said to a group of Filipinos in Indonesia that he has already doubled the salaries of policemen and soldiers - doblado na - when the increase in allowances and benefits of this group was because of the executive order signed by Aquino, Executive order 201. This is the video of Duterte speaking to the Filipino community - you can watch it or scroll to the 1:17:10 mark where he said - kaya dinoble ko, doblado na sila ngayon - but perhaps he was referring to Lascanas and other members who the DDS who were receiving monthly allowances of 100k from him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwgNfHnqwbY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
dan44 wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Yeah, and while you're thinking about all mundane things, the country's dollar reserves are silently being eroded to keep the peso from further sinking, the trade deficit is widening, inflation is rising, the budget deficit has gone up close to 400 billion pesos, there is a looming threat of the suspension of tariff free exports of more than 6000 Philippine products to EU countries, China is continuing to build structures in disputed areas , the unemployment rate has gone up, the Abu Sayyaf has taken almost double the hostages that they previously held, bodies are piling up faster than you can bury them, and all these happening in less than a year.
Duterte sure beats Marcos by a mile - it took Marcos years to ruin the country, Duterte is doing it in record time - it took Marcos years for the world to take notice, well Duterte did it during his first months in office.
And I'll have to give it to Duterte, he sure has the political will to bring his enemies down to their knees at the country's expense. And as for eliminating poverty, he still has a long way to go, millions more waiting in line to be killed.


what the points your raising here..almost one year na ang data na yan, and our economy still growing at 6% + average, with our Economy heavily dependent on USA, with the new USA president in place and change on USA policy, the dollar exchange rate has nothing to do with Duterte. ...I understand the facts that you are a yellow fanatics..with stagnant Hepatitis disease :lol:


When common sense rained , did you have your umbrella out and your raincoat on? At its' onset you can argue that Duterte had nothing to do with the depreciation of the peso, but because it is now the worst performing currency in the region , this point of view no longer holds water - yes our economy is still growing because of the momentum from the previous administration - the infrastructures that were started previously are being completed now, the savings from the previous administration are now wasting away because focus has been shifted to the drug campaign which in the first place is dubious because of the inflated figures provided by Duterte. The budget deficit is now close to 400 billion - have you seen any significant infrastructure being started lately? I saw one , that stage and those tents constructed in Luneta for the Duterte rally.
Color has nothing to do with this - when thousands die - what is the color of their blood?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
^ causes of recent peso depreciation. the US central bank’s anticipated interest rate hike; Trump’s election which brings uncertainty because he had advocated changes in American policy on trade that would affect world trade and investments;


Not bad per se

The peso’s recent depreciation is not only relatively small, but also not bad per se. In fact, certain sectors can indeed benefit from it. To see this, let’s go back to what “depreciation” and “appreciation” mean.

When the peso “depreciates” (say, from P45 to P50 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become cheaper in the eyes of foreigners, boosting the sales of the economy’s dollar-earning sectors which constitute as much as 40% of the economy, according to the finance department. These include exports, tourism, and BPOs, as well as OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) whose remittances take on larger values, thus increasing the purchasing power of their families back at home.

On the other hand, when the peso “appreciates” (say, from P45 to P40 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become more expensive in the eyes of foreigners. Consequently, foreign goods become cheaper in the eyes of Filipinos, who then have greater capacity to purchase more foreign goods. It is in this sense that a peso appreciation is often quoted by the media as a “strengthening” of the peso.

The Department of Finance had said the peso is just seeking its appropriate value, given that it has appreciated significantly in previous years.

Chua said the currency's depreciation was in sync with the global currency market performance.

He said the peso's downward trend against the greenback was matched by the Japanese yen's 2 percent and was even tamer than Australian dollar's 2.2 percent, Malaysian ringgit's 3.5 percent and the pound's 2.7 percent.

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
dan44 wrote:
^ causes of recent peso depreciation. the US central bank’s anticipated interest rate hike; Trump’s election which brings uncertainty because he had advocated changes in American policy on trade that would affect world trade and investments;


Not bad per se

The peso’s recent depreciation is not only relatively small, but also not bad per se. In fact, certain sectors can indeed benefit from it. To see this, let’s go back to what “depreciation” and “appreciation” mean.

When the peso “depreciates” (say, from P45 to P50 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become cheaper in the eyes of foreigners, boosting the sales of the economy’s dollar-earning sectors which constitute as much as 40% of the economy, according to the finance department. These include exports, tourism, and BPOs, as well as OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) whose remittances take on larger values, thus increasing the purchasing power of their families back at home.

On the other hand, when the peso “appreciates” (say, from P45 to P40 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become more expensive in the eyes of foreigners. Consequently, foreign goods become cheaper in the eyes of Filipinos, who then have greater capacity to purchase more foreign goods. It is in this sense that a peso appreciation is often quoted by the media as a “strengthening” of the peso.


Our foreign debt - do you pay it on pesos or dollars? Gasoline imports do you pay it on pesos or dollars? What do you think is one of the main reasons why there is now a high inflation rate in the country which is expected to go even higher? Purchasing power argument is okay if prices remain stable or low. When we borrow now and the government is borrowing now, we borrow in dollars , so we pay back in dollars too. Of course this government will try to spin the issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
Emmanuel53 wrote:

When common sense rained , did you have your umbrella out and your raincoat on? At its' onset you can argue that Duterte had nothing to do with the depreciation of the peso, but because it is now the worst performing currency in the region , this point of view no longer holds water - yes our economy is still growing because of the momentum from the previous administration - the infrastructures that were started previously are being completed now, the savings from the previous administration are now wasting away because focus has been shifted to the drug campaign which in the first place is dubious because of the inflated figures provided by Duterte. The budget deficit is now close to 400 billion - have you seen any significant infrastructure being started lately? I saw one , that stage and those tents constructed in Luneta for the Duterte rally.
Color has nothing to do with this - when thousands die - what is the color of their blood?


Part of Duterty strategy , hinde katulad ni PNOY na natutulog at walang ginagawa sa infrastructure development
IMF Backs Duterte’s Plans to Widen Philippine Budget Deficit
by Karl Lester M Yap
September 27, 2016, 9:58 AM GMT+8

Lender forecasts GDP growth to accelerate to 6.7% next year
Authorities have ample policy space to respond to risks: IMF

The International Monetary Fund said it supported plans by Philippines’ President Rodrigo Duterte to boost spending and widen the budget deficit as it forecast faster economic growth in the Southeast Asian economy.

Raising the fiscal gap to 3 percent of gross domestic product starting in 2017 would allow for higher infrastructure and social spending “while ensuring fiscal sustainability,” the Washington-based lender said in a statement on its website. Economic growth is forecast to quicken to 6.7 percent in 2017 from an estimate of 6.4 percent this year, it said.
The most important market news of the day.
Get our markets daily newsletter.

Duterte’s government is asking lawmakers to approve a record budget for 2017, pledging higher spending on police, education and roads. While the Philippines is among the fastest-growing economies in the world this year, investors are starting to worry about Duterte’s anti-drug war that’s left thousands of people dead since he took office in June, and his outbursts against the U.S. and the United Nations.





Siguro makaka intende ka na sa kitid nang utak mo :lol:

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
‘Golden Age’

Budget Secretary Ben Diokno said Duterte’s 7 trillion peso ($150.5 billion) spending plan was needed to make up for the lack of investment under former president Benigno Aquino and would help define Duterte’s six-year term in office as a “golden age of public infrastructure”.

While Aquino’s tight fiscal reign was credited with winning investment-grade debt ratings and overseeing the fastest economic growth since the 1970’s, some of Duterte’s cabinet members have criticized his predecessor for failing to maintain critical public services.

Along with increased spending, Duterte will ask Congress to approve a tax reform plan that will ensure his government will meet a 10 percent increase in 2017 revenue to 2.48 trillion pesos ($53 billion). Borrowing next year is expected to drop by 9.2 percent, which will help offset the spending increase.

In a speech Saturday, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez said economic growth was on target to stay within the 6.5 percent to 7.5 percent forecast. A median estimate of economists surveyed by Bloomberg ahead of the release of new economic data on Thursday said the $292 billion Asian economy grew by 6.6 percent in the second-quarter to June 30.

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 am
Posts: 26807
Location: JARO,Iloilo
Emmanuel53 wrote:
dan44 wrote:
^ causes of recent peso depreciation. the US central bank’s anticipated interest rate hike; Trump’s election which brings uncertainty because he had advocated changes in American policy on trade that would affect world trade and investments;


Not bad per se

The peso’s recent depreciation is not only relatively small, but also not bad per se. In fact, certain sectors can indeed benefit from it. To see this, let’s go back to what “depreciation” and “appreciation” mean.

When the peso “depreciates” (say, from P45 to P50 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become cheaper in the eyes of foreigners, boosting the sales of the economy’s dollar-earning sectors which constitute as much as 40% of the economy, according to the finance department. These include exports, tourism, and BPOs, as well as OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) whose remittances take on larger values, thus increasing the purchasing power of their families back at home.

On the other hand, when the peso “appreciates” (say, from P45 to P40 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become more expensive in the eyes of foreigners. Consequently, foreign goods become cheaper in the eyes of Filipinos, who then have greater capacity to purchase more foreign goods. It is in this sense that a peso appreciation is often quoted by the media as a “strengthening” of the peso.


Our foreign debt - do you pay it on pesos or dollars? Gasoline imports do you pay it on pesos or dollars? What do you think is one of the main reasons why there is now a high inflation rate in the country which is expected to go even higher? Purchasing power argument is okay if prices remain stable or low. When we borrow now and the government is borrowing now, we borrow in dollars , so we pay back in dollars too. Of course this government will try to spin the issue.

small mind create confusion :lol:
nerbyosa ka masyado relaks ka lang , foundation at poste palang ang ginagawa ni Duterte .... huwag kang maniniwala sa mga Yellow Media, :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

_________________
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
dan44 wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:

When common sense rained , did you have your umbrella out and your raincoat on? At its' onset you can argue that Duterte had nothing to do with the depreciation of the peso, but because it is now the worst performing currency in the region , this point of view no longer holds water - yes our economy is still growing because of the momentum from the previous administration - the infrastructures that were started previously are being completed now, the savings from the previous administration are now wasting away because focus has been shifted to the drug campaign which in the first place is dubious because of the inflated figures provided by Duterte. The budget deficit is now close to 400 billion - have you seen any significant infrastructure being started lately? I saw one , that stage and those tents constructed in Luneta for the Duterte rally.
Color has nothing to do with this - when thousands die - what is the color of their blood?


Part of Duterty strategy , hinde katulad ni PNOY na natutulog at walang ginagawa sa infrastructure development
IMF Backs Duterte’s Plans to Widen Philippine Budget Deficit
by Karl Lester M Yap
September 27, 2016, 9:58 AM GMT+8

Lender forecasts GDP growth to accelerate to 6.7% next year
Authorities have ample policy space to respond to risks: IMF

The International Monetary Fund said it supported plans by Philippines’ President Rodrigo Duterte to boost spending and widen the budget deficit as it forecast faster economic growth in the Southeast Asian economy.

Raising the fiscal gap to 3 percent of gross domestic product starting in 2017 would allow for higher infrastructure and social spending “while ensuring fiscal sustainability,” the Washington-based lender said in a statement on its website. Economic growth is forecast to quicken to 6.7 percent in 2017 from an estimate of 6.4 percent this year, it said.
The most important market news of the day.
Get our markets daily newsletter.

Duterte’s government is asking lawmakers to approve a record budget for 2017, pledging higher spending on police, education and roads. While the Philippines is among the fastest-growing economies in the world this year, investors are starting to worry about Duterte’s anti-drug war that’s left thousands of people dead since he took office in June, and his outbursts against the U.S. and the United Nations.





Siguro makaka intende ka na sa kitid nang utak mo :lol:


Pnoy built more classrooms than the previous two administrations combined , including roads, there was a construction boom , my two kids bought condominiums in the country.
When was this article published, before the budget was approved , but where do you get revenues, so higher taxation and if the investments don't come in, it aggravates the situation further. So what happened to the budget deficit , do you see any massive infrastructure projects up? Any groundbreaking ceremonies for major projects, what you see are ribbon cutting ceremonies from completed projects initiated during the previous administration.
And in his own Davao, after close to two decades, any significant government initiated infrastructure like a city public school , a city hospital, etc, constructed?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5875
dan44 wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
dan44 wrote:
^ causes of recent peso depreciation. the US central bank’s anticipated interest rate hike; Trump’s election which brings uncertainty because he had advocated changes in American policy on trade that would affect world trade and investments;


Not bad per se

The peso’s recent depreciation is not only relatively small, but also not bad per se. In fact, certain sectors can indeed benefit from it. To see this, let’s go back to what “depreciation” and “appreciation” mean.

When the peso “depreciates” (say, from P45 to P50 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become cheaper in the eyes of foreigners, boosting the sales of the economy’s dollar-earning sectors which constitute as much as 40% of the economy, according to the finance department. These include exports, tourism, and BPOs, as well as OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) whose remittances take on larger values, thus increasing the purchasing power of their families back at home.

On the other hand, when the peso “appreciates” (say, from P45 to P40 per US dollar), Filipino goods and services become more expensive in the eyes of foreigners. Consequently, foreign goods become cheaper in the eyes of Filipinos, who then have greater capacity to purchase more foreign goods. It is in this sense that a peso appreciation is often quoted by the media as a “strengthening” of the peso.


Our foreign debt - do you pay it on pesos or dollars? Gasoline imports do you pay it on pesos or dollars? What do you think is one of the main reasons why there is now a high inflation rate in the country which is expected to go even higher? Purchasing power argument is okay if prices remain stable or low. When we borrow now and the government is borrowing now, we borrow in dollars , so we pay back in dollars too. Of course this government will try to spin the issue.

small mind create confusion :lol:
nerbyosa ka masyado relaks ka lang , foundation at poste palang ang ginagawa ni Duterte .... huwag kang maniniwala sa mga Yellow Media, :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:


Yellow media - so CNN, BBC , Bloomberg almost all major and mainstream publications from even foreign countries are now yellow too.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group