Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 am
Posts: 1785
Australian politician wants Conor McGregor to fight Jeff Horn, calls Manny Pacquiao ‘scared’

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/zJ22hMZtEv3nFR_zBttf4_YSq3k=/0x0:3000x2000/920x613/filters:focal(1059x0:1539x480):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/56500819/805494938.0.jpg

WBO welterweight (147 lbs) champion Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs) is in need of a new opponent following Manny Pacquiao’s decision to withdraw from their scheduled November 12th rematch in Australia. According to Horn’s promoter Dean Lonergan, Pacquiao “will be part of a delegation that will visit China in the middle of his proposed preparation period for the fight.”

This reasoning does not sit well with Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, whose government sponsored the first Pacquiao vs. Horn fight in July, and was set to sponsor the rematch.

“Frankly, I think he’s a bit too scared to come and face Jeff Horn,” she told reporters in Brisbane. (via news.com.au)

“For Manny not to reappear, really says to me that he knows Jeff is the world champion.”

Evidently she’s not the only one who holds this opinion. Check out this headline in tabloid newspaper The Courier-Mail.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIvSKddXcAAp0M3.jpg Great pic!

Horn controversially defeated Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) by unanimous decision in a major upset at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium. There was a rematch clause in Pacquiao’s contract, and all signs pointed to him taking on the Aussie once more, but now it looks as if Jessie Vargas (27-2, 10 KOs) is the prevailing contender to challenge for Horn’s belt. Replacing Pacquiao with Vargas would mean Horn still fights a Top Rank Boxing opponent, thus the card could air on ESPN as part of Top Rank’s new TV deal.

With all of this said, Palaszczuk has someone else in mind: Conor McGregor (0-1, 0 KOs).

“If we could get McGregor, that would be great,” she said.

Well that’s... unrealistic, but it’s worth a shout! It’d definitely sell out an Australian stadium.

McGregor is coming off a 10th round TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his highly-anticipated professional boxing debut. The UFC lightweight champion is expected to make his return to the Octagon soon, and while McGregor wants to compete in both MMA and boxing, Dana White would rather he stick to the sport where he’s won two UFC titles.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/3/16249228/australian-politician-wants-conor-mcgregor-vs-jeff-horn-calls-manny-pacquiao-scared-boxing-ufc-news

_________________
Netizens: "Paano ba makakaahon ang Pinas kung ang pangulo ay walang paninindigan, duwag, traydor, inutil, sinungaling, sakitin, sira ulo, kriminal at magnanakaw?"
Duterpwe: “sinabi ko na sa inyo na wag nyo ako iboto."
Dutertards: nganga


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 14791
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
Image

:lol: :lol:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 3310
Location: Tokyo - Japan
At least He is not a CHEATER like the Australians :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 435
Manny is not SOB...but SOD... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 7346
Keep Punching wrote:
Australian politician wants Conor McGregor to fight Jeff Horn, calls Manny Pacquiao ‘scared’

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/zJ22hMZtEv3nFR_zBttf4_YSq3k=/0x0:3000x2000/920x613/filters:focal(1059x0:1539x480):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/56500819/805494938.0.jpg

WBO welterweight (147 lbs) champion Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs) is in need of a new opponent following Manny Pacquiao’s decision to withdraw from their scheduled November 12th rematch in Australia. According to Horn’s promoter Dean Lonergan, Pacquiao “will be part of a delegation that will visit China in the middle of his proposed preparation period for the fight.”

This reasoning does not sit well with Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, whose government sponsored the first Pacquiao vs. Horn fight in July, and was set to sponsor the rematch.

“Frankly, I think he’s a bit too scared to come and face Jeff Horn,” she told reporters in Brisbane. (via news.com.au)

“For Manny not to reappear, really says to me that he knows Jeff is the world champion.”

Evidently she’s not the only one who holds this opinion. Check out this headline in tabloid newspaper The Courier-Mail.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIvSKddXcAAp0M3.jpg Great pic!

Horn controversially defeated Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) by unanimous decision in a major upset at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium. There was a rematch clause in Pacquiao’s contract, and all signs pointed to him taking on the Aussie once more, but now it looks as if Jessie Vargas (27-2, 10 KOs) is the prevailing contender to challenge for Horn’s belt. Replacing Pacquiao with Vargas would mean Horn still fights a Top Rank Boxing opponent, thus the card could air on ESPN as part of Top Rank’s new TV deal.

With all of this said, Palaszczuk has someone else in mind: Conor McGregor (0-1, 0 KOs).

“If we could get McGregor, that would be great,” she said.

Well that’s... unrealistic, but it’s worth a shout! It’d definitely sell out an Australian stadium.

McGregor is coming off a 10th round TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in his highly-anticipated professional boxing debut. The UFC lightweight champion is expected to make his return to the Octagon soon, and while McGregor wants to compete in both MMA and boxing, Dana White would rather he stick to the sport where he’s won two UFC titles.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/3/16249228/australian-politician-wants-conor-mcgregor-vs-jeff-horn-calls-manny-pacquiao-scared-boxing-ufc-news


another loss to jeff horn means the end of pacquio's boxing career.
it is already good that a lot of people says manny lost on a hometown decision in australia.

but mcgregor wont fight horn for peanuts in australia
he just earned 100 million$. mcgregor is not ready for jeff horn.
he still learning in boxing. jeff horn's all out attack is too much for conor to handle as of now.

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:51 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 929
Picture speak for itself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 am
Posts: 1785
Well, you can hate me or love me, but Packyman is truly foxy scared straight to c-level fighter like Horn now and its pretty common knowledge todate. Perhaps one of these days Packy challenges McGregor to swimming race just to collect money cuz he loves it so much.

_________________
Netizens: "Paano ba makakaahon ang Pinas kung ang pangulo ay walang paninindigan, duwag, traydor, inutil, sinungaling, sakitin, sira ulo, kriminal at magnanakaw?"
Duterpwe: “sinabi ko na sa inyo na wag nyo ako iboto."
Dutertards: nganga


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 435
Keep Punching wrote:
Well, you can hate me or love me, but Packyman is truly foxy scared straight to c-level fighter like Horn now and its pretty common knowledge todate. Perhaps one of these days Packy challenges McGregor to swimming race just to collect money cuz he loves it so much.



Bai apat na kayo...

Image

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 3035
..pakyaw ni kakak.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2017 ... newspaper/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 14791
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
Hubag wrote:
Keep Punching wrote:
Well, you can hate me or love me, but Packyman is truly foxy scared straight to c-level fighter like Horn now and its pretty common knowledge todate. Perhaps one of these days Packy challenges McGregor to swimming race just to collect money cuz he loves it so much.



Bai apat na kayo...

Image

:lol: :lol:

Kahit pagsamahin mo pa yang tatlo, wala yan sa kalingkingan nung resident engot. :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:35 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 am
Posts: 1785
kaintayo_talapulamko wrote:



Correct. And he doesn't even care to be called a scaredy-cat or chicken cuz he's really afraid to fight the elite fighters now.


:biglaugh:

_________________
Netizens: "Paano ba makakaahon ang Pinas kung ang pangulo ay walang paninindigan, duwag, traydor, inutil, sinungaling, sakitin, sira ulo, kriminal at magnanakaw?"
Duterpwe: “sinabi ko na sa inyo na wag nyo ako iboto."
Dutertards: nganga


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 pm
Posts: 435
Hubag wrote:
Keep Punching wrote:
Well, you can hate me or love me, but Packyman is truly foxy scared straight to c-level fighter like Horn now and its pretty common knowledge todate. Perhaps one of these days Packy challenges McGregor to swimming race just to collect money cuz he loves it so much.



Bai apat na kayo...

Image

:lol: :lol:


another ***** added
Keep Punching wrote:
kaintayo_talapulamko wrote:



Correct. And he doesn't even care to be called a scaredy-cat or chicken cuz he's really afraid to fight the elite fighters now.


:biglaugh:


and its complete..4 idi_t..

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group