Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm
Posts: 14775
Location: Cbo.LP.HK
Says the guy who keeps on spewing sh!ts in this forum. :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Here’s to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one, A pretty girl and a true one, A cold beer and another one." - Lewis Henry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 pm
Posts: 1091
Location: In exile
pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
Rarely his name is even mentioned in boxing websites such as badlefthook and /r/boxing.

Most of the time, people make fun of him and his country and also his people. How do you feel about this?

Do you think the tides have turned already?

Look at Mayweather, his name is still relevant to the sport. People say TMT and money, and then people also have money but not that much. Also, people say TBE. There are famous fighters under the TMT camp.

What about your hero, Manny Pacquiao, do you think he will become obsolete as time goes by and have Mayweather on top of him all the time now? Or has time worked its way?



Let me put it this way: Usain Bolt will always be relevant as far as running is concerned because he holds the record as the fastest man on the planet. His record will always be the standard in sprint.

The same thing with Manny. Unless his record as champion in 8 different divisions is broken by somebody else, he would always be relevant. I believe nobody could eclipse, let alone surpass what he achieved. Being a world champion while still in your teens and fighting bigger opponents are unusual for any boxers to replicate. Fighting taller, bigger, or heavier opponents is a trait of a brave boxer who is confident of his abilities. Even Floyd ran away from 'midget' Manny in his prime.

_________________
In a land of geniuses, an average person is looked down as an id**t;
in a land of idiots, a genius is looked down as a fool.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 1034
rizalincarnate wrote:
pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
Rarely his name is even mentioned in boxing websites such as badlefthook and /r/boxing.

Most of the time, people make fun of him and his country and also his people. How do you feel about this?

Do you think the tides have turned already?

Look at Mayweather, his name is still relevant to the sport. People say TMT and money, and then people also have money but not that much. Also, people say TBE. There are famous fighters under the TMT camp.

What about your hero, Manny Pacquiao, do you think he will become obsolete as time goes by and have Mayweather on top of him all the time now? Or has time worked its way?



Let me put it this way: Usain Bolt will always be relevant as far as running is concerned because he holds the record as the fastest man on the planet. His record will always be the standard in sprint.

The same thing with Manny. Unless his record as champion in 8 different divisions is broken by somebody else, he would always be relevant. I believe nobody could eclipse, let alone surpass what he achieved. Being a world champion while still in your teens and fighting bigger opponents are unusual for any boxers to replicate. Fighting taller, bigger, or heavier opponents is a trait of a brave boxer who is confident of his abilities. Even Floyd ran away from 'midget' Manny in his prime.


oh please... this is a FARCE.

Floyd is OLDER than Pacquiao.. Even if they waited 10 MORE years, Pac would ALWAYS be closer to his prime than Floyd.
So NO EXCUSE there... LOL.. Floyd is just THAT MUCH BETTER than Pac... FACT.

Same with Marquez... Good thing for Pac that Marquez is way WAY WAY OLDER than Pac or Marquez could have KILLED Pac if Marquez was as YOUNG and in "PRIME" as him...
And remember, Marquez fought Pac, MULTIPLE TIMES, while Pac was in his "PRIME" and enhancing his performance with his magic shakes... and STILL, Marquez left him for DEAD... totally UNCONSCIOUS....FACE FLAT TO CANVAS... LOL.

Manny's "prime" is NO issue with those two... FACT... LOL..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:37 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 10472
may hindi rin nabigyan ng balato hahahahahahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:39 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 pm
Posts: 1091
Location: In exile
punch drunk wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:
pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
Rarely his name is even mentioned in boxing websites such as badlefthook and /r/boxing.

Most of the time, people make fun of him and his country and also his people. How do you feel about this?

Do you think the tides have turned already?

Look at Mayweather, his name is still relevant to the sport. People say TMT and money, and then people also have money but not that much. Also, people say TBE. There are famous fighters under the TMT camp.

What about your hero, Manny Pacquiao, do you think he will become obsolete as time goes by and have Mayweather on top of him all the time now? Or has time worked its way?



Let me put it this way: Usain Bolt will always be relevant as far as running is concerned because he holds the record as the fastest man on the planet. His record will always be the standard in sprint.

The same thing with Manny. Unless his record as champion in 8 different divisions is broken by somebody else, he would always be relevant. I believe nobody could eclipse, let alone surpass what he achieved. Being a world champion while still in your teens and fighting bigger opponents are unusual for any boxers to replicate. Fighting taller, bigger, or heavier opponents is a trait of a brave boxer who is confident of his abilities. Even Floyd ran away from 'midget' Manny in his prime.


oh please... this is a FARCE.

Floyd is OLDER than Pacquiao.. Even if they waited 10 MORE years, Pac would ALWAYS be closer to his prime than Floyd.
So NO EXCUSE there... LOL.. Floyd is just THAT MUCH BETTER than Pac... FACT.

Same with Marquez... Good thing for Pac that Marquez is way WAY WAY OLDER than Pac or Marquez could have KILLED Pac if Marquez was as YOUNG and in "PRIME" as him...
And remember, Marquez fought Pac, MULTIPLE TIMES, while Pac was in his "PRIME" and enhancing his performance with his magic shakes... and STILL, Marquez left him for DEAD... totally UNCONSCIOUS....FACE FLAT TO CANVAS... LOL.

Manny's "prime" is NO issue with those two... FACT... LOL..



Marquez fought Manny in his (Manny's) prime; there is no issue with Marquez there. How about Floyd? When Manny was knocking out Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito in succession, he accused Manny of taking PED and gave him a hard time in the negotiations (sharing, Olympic-style blood testing, etc). It's not about age difference. It's about accepting the challenge without fear when presented to you.

_________________
In a land of geniuses, an average person is looked down as an id**t;
in a land of idiots, a genius is looked down as a fool.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 7345
go mang rizal lampasuhin mo ang dalawang iyan. :lol:

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:41 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 pm
Posts: 3719
ANG PAGBABALIK NI RIZAL..MANG RIZAL NAALALA KO IKAW YUNG MAY GF NA JAPANESE. KONTING NAMAN KWENTO MANG RIZAL KUNG ANO NA NANYARI SA JAPANESE GF.

_________________
----------------------

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 929
punch drunk wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:
pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
Rarely his name is even mentioned in boxing websites such as badlefthook and /r/boxing.

Most of the time, people make fun of him and his country and also his people. How do you feel about this?

Do you think the tides have turned already?

Look at Mayweather, his name is still relevant to the sport. People say TMT and money, and then people also have money but not that much. Also, people say TBE. There are famous fighters under the TMT camp.

What about your hero, Manny Pacquiao, do you think he will become obsolete as time goes by and have Mayweather on top of him all the time now? Or has time worked its way?



Let me put it this way: Usain Bolt will always be relevant as far as running is concerned because he holds the record as the fastest man on the planet. His record will always be the standard in sprint.

The same thing with Manny. Unless his record as champion in 8 different divisions is broken by somebody else, he would always be relevant. I believe nobody could eclipse, let alone surpass what he achieved. Being a world champion while still in your teens and fighting bigger opponents are unusual for any boxers to replicate. Fighting taller, bigger, or heavier opponents is a trait of a brave boxer who is confident of his abilities. Even Floyd ran away from 'midget' Manny in his prime.


oh please... this is a FARCE.

Floyd is OLDER than Pacquiao.. Even if they waited 10 MORE years, Pac would ALWAYS be closer to his prime than Floyd.
So NO EXCUSE there... LOL.. Floyd is just THAT MUCH BETTER than Pac... FACT.

Same with Marquez... Good thing for Pac that Marquez is way WAY WAY OLDER than Pac or Marquez could have KILLED Pac if Marquez was as YOUNG and in "PRIME" as him...
And remember, Marquez fought Pac, MULTIPLE TIMES, while Pac was in his "PRIME" and enhancing his performance with his magic shakes... and STILL, Marquez left him for DEAD... totally UNCONSCIOUS....FACE FLAT TO CANVAS... LOL.

Manny's "prime" is NO issue with those two... FACT... LOL..

Image
ImageImage NO thanks I have my own Drinks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11087
Location: SERN
Who will become obsolete first: pinoypalakamongoloid or Pacquiao? Discuss... :D

_________________
Sana payagan na maglagay ng image sa signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:11 am
Posts: 501
Maybe Manny will do a Marquez...will take him to think 2 years that he is actually retired. Yes he might be irrelevant, just a steeping stone now...but will still be inducted in the HOF.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 1034
rizalincarnate wrote:
punch drunk wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:


Let me put it this way: Usain Bolt will always be relevant as far as running is concerned because he holds the record as the fastest man on the planet. His record will always be the standard in sprint.

The same thing with Manny. Unless his record as champion in 8 different divisions is broken by somebody else, he would always be relevant. I believe nobody could eclipse, let alone surpass what he achieved. Being a world champion while still in your teens and fighting bigger opponents are unusual for any boxers to replicate. Fighting taller, bigger, or heavier opponents is a trait of a brave boxer who is confident of his abilities. Even Floyd ran away from 'midget' Manny in his prime.


oh please... this is a FARCE.

Floyd is OLDER than Pacquiao.. Even if they waited 10 MORE years, Pac would ALWAYS be closer to his prime than Floyd.
So NO EXCUSE there... LOL.. Floyd is just THAT MUCH BETTER than Pac... FACT.

Same with Marquez... Good thing for Pac that Marquez is way WAY WAY OLDER than Pac or Marquez could have KILLED Pac if Marquez was as YOUNG and in "PRIME" as him...
And remember, Marquez fought Pac, MULTIPLE TIMES, while Pac was in his "PRIME" and enhancing his performance with his magic shakes... and STILL, Marquez left him for DEAD... totally UNCONSCIOUS....FACE FLAT TO CANVAS... LOL.

Manny's "prime" is NO issue with those two... FACT... LOL..



Marquez fought Manny in his (Manny's) prime; there is no issue with Marquez there. How about Floyd? When Manny was knocking out Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito in succession, he accused Manny of taking PED and gave him a hard time in the negotiations (sharing, Olympic-style blood testing, etc). It's not about age difference. It's about accepting the challenge without fear when presented to you.


Regarding "accepting the challenge without fear when presented to you" goes right back to Pacquiao.. Olympic style testing was Mayweather's condition that NEVER changed in order to make the fight.. FACT. So, if THAT condition was ultimately ACCEPTED by Pac YEARS LATER, then why didn't he accept the challenge without fear when it was presented to him ??? And yes, that condition was presented to him when Manny was knocking out Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito in succession.. Remember???

So since the Olympic style testing condition NEVER changed, then it was ALL up to Manny regarding WHEN he would fight with Mayweather. In other words, if Pac would have ACCEPTED the condition when Mayweather first presented it to him then Pac would have fought him when you said they should have fought.. FACT..

But... Manny chose (YES, it was ALL up to him to decide WHEN to ACCEPT) to wait YEARS before he FINALLY accepted.. So it was THEN that he finally fought Mayweather..

Yes, you can thank Pacquiao for waiting YEARS before he fought Mayweather.. FACT.
ALL his excuses to not accept Mayweather's demand when you say they should have fought turned out to be NONSENSE.. since he ACCEPTED everything in the end...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 1034
butchogeez wrote:
punch drunk wrote:
rizalincarnate wrote:


Let me put it this way: Usain Bolt will always be relevant as far as running is concerned because he holds the record as the fastest man on the planet. His record will always be the standard in sprint.

The same thing with Manny. Unless his record as champion in 8 different divisions is broken by somebody else, he would always be relevant. I believe nobody could eclipse, let alone surpass what he achieved. Being a world champion while still in your teens and fighting bigger opponents are unusual for any boxers to replicate. Fighting taller, bigger, or heavier opponents is a trait of a brave boxer who is confident of his abilities. Even Floyd ran away from 'midget' Manny in his prime.


oh please... this is a FARCE.

Floyd is OLDER than Pacquiao.. Even if they waited 10 MORE years, Pac would ALWAYS be closer to his prime than Floyd.
So NO EXCUSE there... LOL.. Floyd is just THAT MUCH BETTER than Pac... FACT.

Same with Marquez... Good thing for Pac that Marquez is way WAY WAY OLDER than Pac or Marquez could have KILLED Pac if Marquez was as YOUNG and in "PRIME" as him...
And remember, Marquez fought Pac, MULTIPLE TIMES, while Pac was in his "PRIME" and enhancing his performance with his magic shakes... and STILL, Marquez left him for DEAD... totally UNCONSCIOUS....FACE FLAT TO CANVAS... LOL.

Manny's "prime" is NO issue with those two... FACT... LOL..

Image
ImageImage NO thanks I have my own Drinks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Compare the pic you posted with the following:

Here's the weigh in the day BEFORE the fight... (see 6:30)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WdjCTG0r5U

Here's the DAY OF THE FIGHT at the post fight interview... (see 30:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSn3wWoKz-k

AND Marquez TESTED NEGATIVE for ALL PEDs AFTER the fight.. Btw, the testing methods were those of Manny's choosing... FACT.. LOL..

FACE FLAT TO CANVAS.. COMPLETELY UNCONSCIOUS.. FAIR AND SQUARE... LOL..
MARQUEZ HAS THE LAST LAUGH FOREVER .. LOL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 pm
Posts: 1091
Location: In exile
punch drunk is just trolling. Why would Manny accede to Floyd's demands after he implied that Manny was taking PEDs? If I were Manny, I would also sue Floyd for slander/libel, which he did because his allegations had no basis, and Floyd had to pay Manny for damages.

But for a troll like you, you understood it the other way around. Bobo ka ba? Don't try to fool me with your fallacious arguments. But even with the slander and all, Manny would still have compromised to the testing, although it was not necessary. But your Floyd was simply scared. On the other had, Marquez was different. He pursued Manny and never implied that Manny was taking PEDs. He was not afraid to fight Manny at all. But even Marquez acted like a scared Floyd after knocking out Manny in their fourth encounter.

And by the way, Manny accepted all Floyd's demands for their fight because he was no longer the top P4P boxer then. He lost his leverage in the negotiations after losing (?) to Bradley and Marquez.

_________________
In a land of geniuses, an average person is looked down as an id**t;
in a land of idiots, a genius is looked down as a fool.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 1034
rizalincarnate wrote:
punch drunk is just trolling. Why would Manny accede to Floyd's demands after he implied that Manny was taking PEDs? If I were Manny, I would also sue Floyd for slander/libel, which he did because his allegations had no basis, and Floyd had to pay Manny for damages.

But for a troll like you, you understood it the other way around. Bobo ka ba? Don't try to fool me with your fallacious arguments. But even with the slander and all, Manny would still have compromised to the testing, although it was not necessary. But your Floyd was simply scared. On the other had, Marquez was different. He pursued Manny and never implied that Manny was taking PEDs. He was not afraid to fight Manny at all. But even Marquez acted like a scared Floyd after knocking out Manny in their fourth encounter.

And by the way, Manny accepted all Floyd's demands for their fight because he was no longer the top P4P boxer then. He lost his leverage in the negotiations after losing (?) to Bradley and Marquez.


Bottom line:
TURDS just hate the FACT that Mayweather is greater than Pac... which is just a FACT... LOL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 pm
Posts: 3719
I will close the page 2 by saying RIZAL VS PUNCH BAG , LOL

_________________
----------------------

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group