Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Fight will end within 4 rounds...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

the commenters here embraces the loss from Horn a real loss.
i am sure if only Pac got the win, which is rightfully so, these commenters will say otherwise.
we all agree that Pac has aged, but for me, he is still a top fighter.
if big guys like Horn (with dirty play & all) can't put Pac down at this stage, small guy Matthysse moreso can't.
Pac shines when facing a guy of his own size, the 140ish guys, most especially if it is a brawler like the Argentinian.
i expect Pac to win convincingly & easily.
i won't be surprised if old Pac will KO this guy!

banned for months for violation #1. rules said only 2 weeks. mailed admin how can the rules be broken to ban me for so long time.. received no word. who's hated me too much? just one idea, the mod i criticized for hating the Azkals too much..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:27 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Mathysse can hit . Pac has always been susceptible to long right crosses .
If Vargas had some pop, he might have knocked Pac down.
Buboy better train Pac to move his head instinctively when he comes rushing in .

I believe Mathysse doesn't have much power to put Pacman down unless Mathysse would power
himself by juicing like what the Juan "Incredible Hulk" Marquez did during his last fight against paceman.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

This fight is 10 times better matchup than Floyd vs McGregor circus sham.

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:48 am 
Heavyweight

Pac needs to retire for his own good, I think he just wants to keep on fighting until he reaches the age when he can run for president. Boxing keeps his name out there and keeps him relevant even though he's not the superstar that he used to be anymore, Lucas is no joke and he can punch just look at his KO ratio and even at 35 he still KO's people unlike Pac who hasn't KO'd anyone since the Cotto fight way back in 2009. Maybe Mathysse will remind him to hang it up if he KO Pac cold. :? :shock:

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:26 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
Pac needs to retire for his own good, I think he just wants to keep on fighting until he reaches the age when he can run for president. Boxing keeps his name out there and keeps him relevant even though he's not the superstar that he used to be anymore, Lucas is no joke and he can punch just look at his KO ratio and even at 35 he still KO's people unlike Pac who hasn't KO'd anyone since the Cotto fight way back in 2009. Maybe Mathysse will remind him to hang it up if he KO Pac cold. :? :shock:

Well, Pacman is still a superstar. His Kuala Lumpur fight proves that, it is being bankrolled by people with money, and paying him even more than what he got in his last fights. These capitalists won't bankroll anyone else, except Floyd.

Anyway, KO count is just a number. We shall see, Pacman has survived bigger hitters than Lucas, Lucas is just another number to him.

Lucas can of course get lucky ... this is boxing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

All signs lead to Pacman losing this fight. Age, no Roach, politics and other distractions.. I hope I am wrong.

I also do not know why Pacman is still fighting beside money issue.

What else he needs to prove?
What he is doing right now is like following the footsteps of Roy Jones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 am 
Lightweight

goldunderfire wrote:
All signs lead to Pacman losing this fight. Age, no Roach, politics and other distractions.. I hope I am wrong.

Sadly, we are only spectators... Pac is responsible for his own life/health, whether he wants to lose it or keep it. If he loses badly, it will be truly sad for his family and fans.
Rematch in Argentina! hehehe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:53 am 
Heavyweight

goldunderfire wrote:

Plus, where will Buboy find quality sparring partners for Pac in the philippines?

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

Manny needs to take this fight seriously or else. Lucas is no pushover. With his advancing age, buboy as his trainer, and political responsibilities, it will be really hard to get Him into a top condition.

-spanish proverb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 am 
Cruiserweight

Have faith in Pacman.

Lucas is the kind of fighter that Pac feasts on...Pacman don't have to come looking for Lucas.

Speed kills, and at this stage, Pac still has faster hands than Lucas....

If anyone still thinks Lucas will beat him, let's make a little bet.... I got Pacman....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 am 
Cruiserweight

As one boxing writer suggested, Pac should bring in Ariza into his camp again...now that Roach is out of the picture (allegedly, it was the jealousy between the two that created the conflict). Alex's shakes should do it for Pac. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

kulukuy wrote:
As one boxing writer suggested, Pac should bring in Ariza into his camp again...now that Roach is out of the picture (allegedly, it was the jealousy between the two that created the conflict). Alex's shakes should do it for Pac. :biglaugh:

Aria was with Pac when he lost back to back fights.
Getting ktfo by JMM even.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:47 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
kulukuy wrote:

I don't think he needs Ariza to weather the Lucas storm. Buboy can act as massage man as well, and Pacman can just eat tinola and drink vitamins, should be enough :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
kulukuy wrote:

I think that was the time when Roach admonished Ariza to no longer give his cash cow the shakes cuz the latter refused to reveal his secret ingredients to the former. :biglaugh:

You don't really think that even with the shakes, Pac would stay upright with that punch considering the dynamics/physics involved (lunging in while the powerful punch was coming), do you? Shakes help in stamina/endurance/strength and perhaps speed but it doesn't provide stainless steel reinforcement to the jaw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next