Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:56 pm 
Welterweight

The number of Pactards here convinced Pacquiao will knockout Loma after he knocked out the naturally bigger Linares is astounding :lol:

There’s no,limit to retardation and stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 pm 
Middleweight

and the stupidity more of non-pactards here convinced them that pac could not KO loma...for loma KO who was that fighter?..ah name linares...is that of significant well known name in boxing?...

so most probabaly those stupid non-pactards here are thinking that loma would KO pacquiao :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:06 pm 
Heavyweight

Did Pac asked for a fight with Loma??? when? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:20 pm 
Welterweight

lawa_lang.. wrote:
and the stupidity more of non-pactards here convinced them that pac could not KO loma...for loma KO who was that fighter?..ah name linares...is that of significant well known name in boxing?...

so most probabaly those stupid non-pactards here are thinking that loma would KO pacquiao :lol:

Linares is one of the top boxers in the sport. He was rated #1 at Lightweight by Ring

Why should I have to explain basic knowledge to a pactard?

Please do your research before commenting.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
inbituin wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
He'll be drained at 138 to 140 catch weight fight.
Plus he's 10 years removed from his prime.

Even this late in Pac's career, I still believe 140 is perfect balance for whatever speed and power he has left in the tank. Pac will still have advantage as an elite experienced fighter. It would be a great farewell fight win or lose. Let's hope uncle Bob makes it happen.

IF it was, Pac would have fought JMM at 140.

Uncle Bob will use Pac to catapult Loma's career.
Pac would be 40 yrs by then .

I don't see anything wrong with uncle Bob "using" Pac to bring in his new cashcow. We all know boxing is a business and Pacquiao made a lot of money throughout his careeer. Like him or not, I think Bob Arum did a pretty good job promoting Pac to become an international superstar. Some say he used Pac, but I think the relationship between them was symbiotic all these years. Do you think Golden Boy could've done better? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:50 am 
Heavyweight

Loma is very good, fast, accurate ...

Pac would beat him in his prime, but now Pac is just a part-time fighter, alas.

This article below reminded me of that fact. At this stage, being a part-time fighter actually gives us boxing fans a disservice. as he is not 100% during fight time. He may say he is 100% and did all the training routines, but he didn't have enough rest with all his extracurricular stuff, or his training is interrupted.
It's fine if he is younger, but not anymore.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-136413.html

He is also not the same Pacman before the JMM KO. He could have KO'ed some weak foes like Rios, Algieri, etc. but he is already "scared" to commit a full attack.

He may still beat Loma due to his experience and bigger size, but I doubt if he will commit to KO Loma, even at his KO weight of 140.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:19 am 
Middleweight

mexifan wrote:
Manny Pac is not the same machine. He gassed out in the Horn fight.

Loma's special. While a lot of people feel he's hit a ceiling at 135, I think he can very well do a Manny Pac and fight at 140 and 147.

No doubt Pac is not the same machine, that's obvious. And yes, he did gas out in the Horn fight, but let's not forget all the fouls he sustained in that fight. He lost in the scorecards, but if we're being honest Pacquiao beat the **** out of Horn all day.

And yes, Loma is special. Far better skilled than Pac imo, but Pac has many more years of profesional experience under his belt. It's why I believe it will be an interesting match up. And neither is a dirty fighter in the ring. It would be an exciting technical fight. As boxing fans, we should be pushing for this fight to happen at 140. no catchweight. no belts needed. just make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:39 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
dan44 wrote:
Pacquioa by KO

Maybe PAC BY KO.

Lomanchenko was knocked down by Linares. Imagine the punch landing from PacMan? PacMan will sacrifice the rounds and pick few shots to KO him. Its not gonna happen in 140 lbs. Loma and Pac will fight in their walking weight at 147 ceiling. So little dehydration and rehydration. Both of them are not big men in the ring.

The punch that knocked Loma was right cross from a righty .

Pac did not KO Rios or Algieri .
Yet, he's gonna KO Lomachenko ?

Just a friendly reminder... Algieri is 5' 10 and weighed in at 155lbs on fight night versus Pac at 149lbs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pac dropped him several times in that fight, no KO, but he floored a legit Jr. MW? I'm not sure how much Rios weighed in on his fight with Pac, but that fight was a clinical from Pac's point of view. It was a clear mismatch.

I'm not saying it will be an easy KO for Pac, but I believe he still has knockout power at 140. If that's the argument here. CLEARLY, Loma is something special, more elusive, more fluid and a very smart fighter. Pac deserves go out in his own terms, not what the boxing "experts" say.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:56 am 
Heavyweight

lawa_lang.. wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Pac did not KO a fat 135 lbr's Rios .
And Rios is just a freaking punching bag .
Pac couldn't nail a slug named Jeff Horn.
And you expect him to KO Loma ???
Pac has ZERO KO's this decade. ZERO.
He was KO'd. And has lost how many times this decade already ?

Loma-Pac might be Oscar-Pac II. Except Pac is the Oscar this time.
Just watched Pac's training videos in Gen San . He looks a lot slower and less powerful now.
Another year of layoff. And before that , only 3 fights in two years.
Loma fights every few months .

Well, we shall see if his KO punch comes back at 140

rios fighting pac at 135 lbs then? -jr lightweight? when does that happen?

Does or did?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:06 am 
Cruiserweight

actually after the linares fight Loma looks human again... i think pacquiao actually can get a decision win if not a decision lost.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 am 
Cruiserweight

inbituin wrote:
Just a friendly reminder... Algieri is 5' 10 and weighed in at 155lbs on fight night versus Pac at 149lbs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pac dropped him several times in that fight, no KO, but he floored a legit Jr. MW? I'm not sure how much Rios weighed in on his fight with Pac, but that fight was a clinical from Pac's point of view. It was a clear mismatch.

I'm not saying it will be an easy KO for Pac, but I believe he still has knockout power at 140. If that's the argument here. CLEARLY, Loma is something special, more elusive, more fluid and a very smart fighter. Pac deserves go out in his own terms, not what the boxing "experts" say.

You beat me to it. (Self-professed) boxing "experts" indeed...albeit with nary an understanding of the relationship between natural weight/size and punch effectiveness/resistance...and hilariously morphs into a self-professed grammar police when their statement gets called out.

It might also help to remind everyone that the Lina-Loma scorecards were pretty much even after the ninth round (86-84, 84-86 and 85-85) and could have gone either way if not for the lucky liver shot but that was on Lina for not using his height/reach/size and opted to mix it up inside. Also, Lina was never bothered by Loma's punches though he got cut (he's prone to cuts). I think Lina unleashed some power combos that stopped Loma in his tracks on the 10th until...

Absolutely! If Pac wants to fight Loma for whatever reason (money, legacy, prestige, going out with a bang, etc.), that's his business. We should all just stick to spectating and be entertained by whatever notable/interesting matches that come down the pike and Pac-Loma would be one of them.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:59 am 
Heavyweight

Have pity on loma
When pac's punch landed on his temple, it will be lights out for him.
He is young and has a promising career
His team need to think hard if they really want to see lola's career be ruined by pacman

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:51 am 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
Did Pac asked for a fight with Loma??? when? :lol:

Did he ask?
Err, yes.
Get updated.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am 
Cruiserweight

kulukuy wrote:
inbituin wrote:

You beat me to it. (Self-professed) boxing "experts" indeed...albeit with nary an understanding of the relationship between natural weight/size and punch effectiveness/resistance...and hilariously morphs into a self-professed grammar police when their statement gets called out.

It might also help to remind everyone that the Lina-Loma scorecards were pretty much even after the ninth round (86-84, 84-86 and 85-85) and could have gone either way if not for the lucky liver shot but that was on Lina for not using his height/reach/size and opted to mix it up inside. Also, Lina was never bothered by Loma's punches though he got cut (he's prone to cuts). I think Lina unleashed some power combos that stopped Loma in his tracks on the 10th until...

Absolutely! If Pac wants to fight Loma for whatever reason (money, legacy, prestige, going out with a bang, etc.), that's his business. We should all just stick to spectating and be entertained by whatever notable/interesting matches that come down the pike and Pac-Loma would be one of them.

I don't know about calling it "lucky." That was a well-placed liver shot.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:08 am 
Heavyweight

Do you think PAc vs Loma well happen, I think right now Loma camp is avoiding Pacman.

They knows PAc has still a knockout power at 140.

Linares caught Loma with look like a quick straight Job .

and Pacman still capable of his quick left straight/cross

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next