Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:10 am 
Middleweight

Lifer wrote:
kulukuy wrote:
inbituin wrote:
Just a friendly reminder... Algieri is 5' 10 and weighed in at 155lbs on fight night versus Pac at 149lbs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pac dropped him several times in that fight, no KO, but he floored a legit Jr. MW? I'm not sure how much Rios weighed in on his fight with Pac, but that fight was a clinical from Pac's point of view. It was a clear mismatch.

I'm not saying it will be an easy KO for Pac, but I believe he still has knockout power at 140. If that's the argument here. CLEARLY, Loma is something special, more elusive, more fluid and a very smart fighter. Pac deserves go out in his own terms, not what the boxing "experts" say.

You beat me to it. (Self-professed) boxing "experts" indeed...albeit with nary an understanding of the relationship between natural weight/size and punch effectiveness/resistance...and hilariously morphs into a self-professed grammar police when their statement gets called out.

It might also help to remind everyone that the Lina-Loma scorecards were pretty much even after the ninth round (86-84, 84-86 and 85-85) and could have gone either way if not for the lucky liver shot but that was on Lina for not using his height/reach/size and opted to mix it up inside. Also, Lina was never bothered by Loma's punches though he got cut (he's prone to cuts). I think Lina unleashed some power combos that stopped Loma in his tracks on the 10th until...

Absolutely! If Pac wants to fight Loma for whatever reason (money, legacy, prestige, going out with a bang, etc.), that's his business. We should all just stick to spectating and be entertained by whatever notable/interesting matches that come down the pike and Pac-Loma would be one of them.

I don't know about calling it "lucky." That was a well-placed liver shot.

yes sir... that was a beautiful set up. Linares had no idea where it came from lol. Pac definitely has his work cut out for him if/when they fight. I give the edge to Loma, but Pac probably need to hire a better trainer fo deal with Loma's multidimentional style.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am 
Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:
Do you think PAc vs Loma well happen, I think right now Loma camp is avoiding Pacman.

They knows PAc has still a knockout power at 140.

Linares caught Loma with look like a quick straight Job .

and Pacman still capable of his quick left straight/cross

Good Lord.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 pm 
Heavyweight

lawa_lang.. wrote:
and the stupidity more of non-pactards here convinced them that pac could not KO loma...for loma KO who was that fighter?..ah name linares...is that of significant well known name in boxing?...

so most probabaly those stupid non-pactards here are thinking that loma would KO pacquiao :lol:

Could? I didn't know they fought already and Pac KO'd Loma already.
Using Pac's hypothetical power, he should have KO'd Rios. Algieri.
Who did those two beat ?

Nobody said Lomo would KO Pac if they fought.
Loma can embarrass him though by making chase his tail all night .
Pac is nearing 40 yrs old. :shock:
Roach told him to rematch with Horn then retire .
Pac didn't like hearing that.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Lifer wrote:
kulukuy wrote:
inbituin wrote:
Just a friendly reminder... Algieri is 5' 10 and weighed in at 155lbs on fight night versus Pac at 149lbs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pac dropped him several times in that fight, no KO, but he floored a legit Jr. MW? I'm not sure how much Rios weighed in on his fight with Pac, but that fight was a clinical from Pac's point of view. It was a clear mismatch.

I'm not saying it will be an easy KO for Pac, but I believe he still has knockout power at 140. If that's the argument here. CLEARLY, Loma is something special, more elusive, more fluid and a very smart fighter. Pac deserves go out in his own terms, not what the boxing "experts" say.

You beat me to it. (Self-professed) boxing "experts" indeed...albeit with nary an understanding of the relationship between natural weight/size and punch effectiveness/resistance...and hilariously morphs into a self-professed grammar police when their statement gets called out.

It might also help to remind everyone that the Lina-Loma scorecards were pretty much even after the ninth round (86-84, 84-86 and 85-85) and could have gone either way if not for the lucky liver shot but that was on Lina for not using his height/reach/size and opted to mix it up inside. Also, Lina was never bothered by Loma's punches though he got cut (he's prone to cuts). I think Lina unleashed some power combos that stopped Loma in his tracks on the 10th until...

Absolutely! If Pac wants to fight Loma for whatever reason (money, legacy, prestige, going out with a bang, etc.), that's his business. We should all just stick to spectating and be entertained by whatever notable/interesting matches that come down the pike and Pac-Loma would be one of them.

I don't know about calling it "lucky." That was a well-placed liver shot.

When someone puts his gloves up to the side of his face to protect his face, his lower body is open.
Some peeps don't get that.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:56 pm 
Heavyweight

Don't worry for now.
Loma is not going up beyond 135 for now.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:
Did Pac asked for a fight with Loma??? when? :lol:

Did he ask?
Err, yes.
Get updated.

My bad...nasobrahan ng letters... :lol:
Whatever...If he wants it, then go..it's his life...
Bahala si Pac if he'll end up as vegetables... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:32 pm 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
lawa_lang.. wrote:
and the stupidity more of non-pactards here convinced them that pac could not KO loma...for loma KO who was that fighter?..ah name linares...is that of significant well known name in boxing?...

so most probabaly those stupid non-pactards here are thinking that loma would KO pacquiao :lol:

Who did those two beat ?

George Foreman beat Michael Moorer and became the Heavyweight champion at the age of 45.
Bernard Hopkins was 46 when he beat Pascal for that light heavy title.
Foreman's last fight was at 48 years old and Hopkins was 51. yet these fighters were praised for choosing to fight for that long.
Why should Manny be treated differently at 40? "Because he needs the money?" So what? That's why they're called prizefighters. The man can still hang with top contenders. The hate on this site and other boxing forums is sickening to see.
Pac fights legit ww contenders while Floyd fights phukkin' McGregor??? And yet he's considered TBE?
I don't know but looks to me, some of you keep drinkin' too much of that haterade.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:51 pm 
Heavyweight

ang mahirap kay lomachenko iyong hindi mo alam kung feint ang ibabato o totoong suntok
ang galing pang gumalaw sa side pag nasa infighting.aalisin ka nya sa balanse mo.
nahirapan lang siya kay salido dahil hindi kumakagat sa feint si salido at never umatras kaya nasira laro ni lomachenko. ang ganda sana ilaban kay valero ito kung naabutan pa nya

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:03 pm 
Middleweight

FunkyDog wrote:
ang mahirap kay lomachenko iyong hindi mo alam kung feint ang ibabato o totoong suntok
ang galing pang gumalaw sa side pag nasa infighting.aalisin ka nya sa balanse mo.
nahirapan lang siya kay salido dahil hindi kumakagat sa feint si salido at never umatras kaya nasira laro ni lomachenko. ang ganda sana ilaban kay valero ito kung naabutan pa nya

Agreed. Loma is just on a whole different level right now, that's why I don't mind if Pac loses to him. It will be a great transition to a new era. Just like Oscar did for Pac.

Yes, Valero Vs Lomo would have been a great match up. I also wish Valero and Pac met in the ring while they were both in their primes.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Salido was caught using PEDs around the time he fought Loma and didn't make weight for their fight. He weighed in at 147 on the day of the fight when it was a title fight for 126. Salido was stripped of his title.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
George Foreman beat Michael Moorer and became the Heavyweight champion at the age of 45.
Foreman's last fight was at 48 years old and Hopkins was 51. yet these fighters were praised for choosing to fight for that long.
Why should Manny be treated differently at 40? "Because he needs the money?" So what? That's why they're called prizefighters. The man can still hang with top contenders. The hate on this site and other boxing forums is sickening to see.
Pac fights legit ww contenders while Floyd fights phukkin' McGregor??? And yet he's considered TBE?
I don't know but looks to me, some of you keep drinkin' too much of that haterade.

George Foreman KO'd a glass jaw Moorer. And Foreman was STILL KNOCKING OUT PEOPLE in his 40's.
Pac has not KO'd anyone this decade. Not even punching bag Rios.
Foreman lost to Holyfield in his comeback.
Pac has lost 4 fights this decade already. MORE THAN IN ALL of his career before this decade.
One of them, he was knocked the fkk out .

Err, why the hell are you bringing up Floyd's name ? He came back b/c suckers thought Mcgregor could win.
And he made HUNDREDS of millions.
Pac is fighting for a fraction of that .

What hate ? You want Pac to fight until he has dementia ?
You want Pac to end up just like a lot of boxers ?
Keep fighting for money when he is way past his prime ?
If you had any love for Pac, you should implore him to RETIRE.
Every time he loses, all you hear are excuses .

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

At this point of Pacman's career, it would be dangerous to fight Lomachencko.

Pacquiao is old and we must all accept that fact!

Pacquiao had his time.

It's Lomachenko's time this time!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Quote:

George Foreman KO'd a glass jaw Moorer. And Foreman was STILL KNOCKING OUT PEOPLE in his 40's.
Pac has not KO'd anyone this decade. Not even punching bag Rios.
Foreman lost to Holyfield in his comeback.
Pac has lost 4 fights this decade already. MORE THAN IN ALL of his career before this decade.
One of them, he was knocked the fkk out .

Err, why the hell are you bringing up Floyd's name ? He came back b/c suckers thought Mcgregor could win.
And he made HUNDREDS of millions.
Pac is fighting for a fraction of that .

What hate ? You want Pac to fight until he has dementia ?
You want Pac to end up just like a lot of boxers ?
Keep fighting for money when he is way past his prime ?
If you had any love for Pac, you should implore him to RETIRE.
Every time he loses, all you hear are excuses .

and dont forget that manny pacquiao
is a PART TIME BOXER now.. (as what
ive read on previous posts)....

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pacquiao fighting Lomachenko would be like when

Sugar ray Leonard fought Hector Camacho.

It didn't end well for the ATG Sugar Ray..

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 pm 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
lawa_lang.. wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Pac did not KO a fat 135 lbr's Rios .
And Rios is just a freaking punching bag .
Pac couldn't nail a slug named Jeff Horn.
And you expect him to KO Loma ???
Pac has ZERO KO's this decade. ZERO.
He was KO'd. And has lost how many times this decade already ?

Loma-Pac might be Oscar-Pac II. Except Pac is the Oscar this time.
Just watched Pac's training videos in Gen San . He looks a lot slower and less powerful now.
Another year of layoff. And before that , only 3 fights in two years.
Loma fights every few months .

gritsteel2 wrote:
Well, we shall see if his KO punch comes back at 140

rios fighting pac at 135 lbs then? -jr lightweight? when does that happen?

Does or did?

:) either will do.just a matter of preference and/or usage :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:24 pm 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
lawa_lang.. wrote:

huh!?

Who did those two beat ?

[colorD that40]and who said there were who SAID that[/color]

:) thats your point of view. Just giving mine and thats of a possible pac KO over loma at 140.
then we to wait and see should this fight happen..till this happen...all of the possible result scenario of such fight presented here are all speculations/wants/wished/imagined, prediction, etc...discuss argue on this thread of yours among yourselves here is just very fine...im ok to that

then i or we just give pac such one last try (parang kanta no)..or two otr three last tries baka pwede pa sya ..and that would be determined on his would be fight with mathysee..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next