Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 am
Posts: 7415
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Why even consider Malaysia? It's not a boxing-crazy nation. Why not just bring his act to the Philippines. I bet even the Philippine Arena would be jam packed even if you put a high price on the tickets.

Any Pacquiao insider here who knows the real reason?

_________________
ADVICE TO WANNABE WRITERS WHO ARE SENSITIVE TO WHATEVER SORT OF CRITICISM: JUST STOP WRITING.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11583
Location: SERN
I think he's trying to increase his popularity at this point... Besides, when Pacquiao last fought here in the Philippines, tickets were almost didn't sold out... They even lowered the price for celebrities to buy tickets... Maybe that's one of the reason...

Another is that I think he's planning to have his final fight here...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:47 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5664
theDon wrote:
Why even consider Malaysia? It's not a boxing-crazy nation. Why not just bring his act to the Philippines. I bet even the Philippine Arena would be jam packed even if you put a high price on the tickets.

Any Pacquiao insider here who knows the real reason?


The businessmen in Malaysia are more daring :). I think the gate should be good, but I guess their biggest income would be the TV, PPV.

Anyway, even Ali fought in Malaysia, and there wasn't any PPV at that time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:47 am
Posts: 1877
Location: Rockberg, Floraville
Pacquiao vs Lomachenko will be a big fight that can be held in the Philippines.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:03 am
Posts: 4281
business risk management lang yan...baka sa study ng MP promotion, masyado malaki ang risk na di mababawi ang investment kung sa pinas gagawin ang fight...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 am
Posts: 7415
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
gritsteel2 wrote:
theDon wrote:
Why even consider Malaysia? It's not a boxing-crazy nation. Why not just bring his act to the Philippines. I bet even the Philippine Arena would be jam packed even if you put a high price on the tickets.

Any Pacquiao insider here who knows the real reason?


The businessmen in Malaysia are more daring :). I think the gate should be good, but I guess their biggest income would be the TV, PPV.

Anyway, even Ali fought in Malaysia, and there wasn't any PPV at that time.


Pacquiao and his team have to admit that he is no longer a top PPV attraction (is this fight even on PPV?). That means, the live attendance have to be great to even pay the fighters. I bet only the Filipinos, and of course the Argentinians, are gonna watch this fight on TV.

_________________
ADVICE TO WANNABE WRITERS WHO ARE SENSITIVE TO WHATEVER SORT OF CRITICISM: JUST STOP WRITING.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 am
Posts: 26547
Location: neverland
theDon wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
theDon wrote:
Why even consider Malaysia? It's not a boxing-crazy nation. Why not just bring his act to the Philippines. I bet even the Philippine Arena would be jam packed even if you put a high price on the tickets.

Any Pacquiao insider here who knows the real reason?


The businessmen in Malaysia are more daring :). I think the gate should be good, but I guess their biggest income would be the TV, PPV.

Anyway, even Ali fought in Malaysia, and there wasn't any PPV at that time.


Pacquiao and his team have to admit that he is no longer a top PPV attraction (is this fight even on PPV?). That means, the live attendance have to be great to even pay the fighters. I bet only the Filipinos, and of course the Argentinians, are gonna watch this fight on TV.


You are wrong my friend
My australian friends are also interested in the fight

_________________
why suffer to buy expensive stuffs when the best things in life are done naked?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5664
theDon wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
theDon wrote:
Why even consider Malaysia? It's not a boxing-crazy nation. Why not just bring his act to the Philippines. I bet even the Philippine Arena would be jam packed even if you put a high price on the tickets.

Any Pacquiao insider here who knows the real reason?


The businessmen in Malaysia are more daring :). I think the gate should be good, but I guess their biggest income would be the TV, PPV.

Anyway, even Ali fought in Malaysia, and there wasn't any PPV at that time.


Pacquiao and his team have to admit that he is no longer a top PPV attraction (is this fight even on PPV?). That means, the live attendance have to be great to even pay the fighters. I bet only the Filipinos, and of course the Argentinians, are gonna watch this fight on TV.


For Pacman, as long as he gets his money, which is bigger than his past fights, everything is ok. See, Asian business giving Pacman bigger money than the Western ones. They won't do that for anyone except Floyd or Canelo or GGG. Definitely still a top attraction, and I can't wait for the fight. I hope I will have time to watch it live and be one of the Pinoys at the audience section 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 am
Posts: 7415
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Romy Nabas wrote:

You are wrong my friend
My australian friends are also interested in the fight


I bet you have a million friends, my friend. Good luck. I am only hoping that this would be Pacquiao's farewell fight, and he keeps his health.

_________________
ADVICE TO WANNABE WRITERS WHO ARE SENSITIVE TO WHATEVER SORT OF CRITICISM: JUST STOP WRITING.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:02 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Tokyo - Japan
He could have fought many times in Manila in his past fights but the reason it hasn't happened are all his so called "friends" who would want free tickets to see the fight.
Araneta would be filled entirely by those leeches :lol:

_________________
╔═╦═╦═╦══╦═╦═╦══╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:33 am
Posts: 3296
Location: at a kakpit somewhere
Economics....

Not enough money folks in the Philippines willing to bankroll the fight, IMO....

There will be lots of people interested in watching this fight, especially if it's ESPN (free tv)....

Pac had the number 1 viewed fight all of last year with Jeff Horn on ESPN....

_________________
Imagine - greatest song ever written.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22556
Location: Paradise
Potential tax lien from the BIR?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group