Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Tokyo - Japan
That means Arum wants Pac to lose.

By Chris Williams: Top Rank promoter Bob Arum would like to set up a unification fight between his fighter WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford and WBA ‘regular’ champion Lucas Matthysse (39-4, 36 KOs) in the fall if Argentinian’s fight against Manny Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) on July 15 fails to come off.


https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/06/ar ... t-in-fall/

_________________
╔═╦═╦═╦══╦═╦═╦══╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5622
Is Bob arum trying to deflect attention from the pacquiao-matthysse fight with his constant pronouncement that it may not happen ? With Pacman and Lucas already feel in training ? Where is he getting his info ?

Someone should clarify with Pacman once and for all. Any reporter here who can talk to Pacman team ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Paradise
wooks425 wrote:
That means Arum wants Pac to lose.

By Chris Williams: Top Rank promoter Bob Arum would like to set up a unification fight between his fighter WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford and WBA ‘regular’ champion Lucas Matthysse (39-4, 36 KOs) in the fall if Argentinian’s fight against Manny Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) on July 15 fails to come off.


https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/06/ar ... t-in-fall/

That means you didn't read the article you posted.
IF the Pac-Mathysse fight falls through.
I sure hope Pac got a 20% deposit from the Malaysian people.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Paradise
gritsteel2 wrote:
Is Bob arum trying to deflect attention from the pacquiao-matthysse fight with his constant pronouncement that it may not happen ? With Pacman and Lucas already feel in training ? Where is he getting his info ?

Someone should clarify with Pacman once and for all. Any reporter here who can talk to Pacman team ?

Where is he getting his info?
That's easy.
Michael Koncz is his mole at Pac's camp.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Paradise
Golden Boy Promotions is now claiming MP promotions is late in making their second deposit.
Not looking good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5622
JoeyInCali wrote:
Golden Boy Promotions is now claiming MP promotions is late in making their second deposit.
Not looking good.


I don't know, Pacman team always late when it comes to money it seems, if I recall ... someone must still be scheming how much he can skim ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Paradise
gritsteel2 wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:
Golden Boy Promotions is now claiming MP promotions is late in making their second deposit.
Not looking good.


I don't know, Pacman team always late when it comes to money it seems, if I recall ... someone must still be scheming how much he can skim ...

Blame Pac's amateur team.
They also tried to stiff Freddie in the last fight.
Pac once signed with GBP after signing with TRP.

This fight is about to implode, I think.
If Pacquiao paid off Arum to step aside, kiss that money goodbye.
Pac's best bet now is to sign with GBP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Paradise
Or retire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 5:40 am
Posts: 676
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
It is unethical for Arum to suggest that the fight may not happen. I am pretty sure Manny is not happy with what Arum is talking about

_________________
'Woman is the nigger of the world' - John Lennon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 5:40 am
Posts: 676
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
JoeyInCali wrote:
Or retire.
Coming

_________________
'Woman is the nigger of the world' - John Lennon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Paradise
edroland wrote:
It is unethical for Arum to suggest that the fight may not happen. I am pretty sure Manny is not happy with what Arum is talking about

Unethical is Arum's middle name .

I am sure Manny is not happy with the Malaysians not coming up with the money.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm
Posts: 5837
I think Arum maneuvered these problems as his punishment to
Pacman for ignoring him as promoter for this fight.
So, where do Skycable & Cignal stand about these issues?
Will they stop their subscription offers? Will they refund the subscribers once the fight fails?
And Manny? He should give his side this early to avoid confusion among the fans.
Imagine, Pac & Lucas training rigorously for nothing.
And the wily Arum proposing now a Matthysse vs his new cash cow Crawford?
This is boxing politics at its best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 7715
nanunuod ba ng boksing ang mga tao sa malaysia? :D
bakit doon pa gaganapin. at hindi nalang sa araneta o kaya sa bocaue bulacan.
pwede rin sa macau.

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Tokyo - Japan
Bolo_Punch wrote:
I think Arum maneuvered these problems as his punishment to
Pacman for ignoring him as promoter for this fight.
So, where do Skycable & Cignal stand about these issues?
Will they stop their subscription offers? Will they refund the subscribers once the fight fails?
And Manny? He should give his side this early to avoid confusion among the fans.
Imagine, Pac & Lucas training rigorously for nothing.
And the wily Arum proposing now a Matthysse vs his new cash cow Crawford?
This is boxing politics at its best.


Arum thinks he can live forever that's why.

_________________
╔═╦═╦═╦══╦═╦═╦══╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Tokyo - Japan
edroland wrote:
It is unethical for Arum to suggest that the fight may not happen. I am pretty sure Manny is not happy with what Arum is talking about

That'S Arum. He doesn't have proper ethics.

_________________
╔═╦═╦═╦══╦═╦═╦══╦╦═╗
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group