Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: MATHYSSE TOOK A DIVE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:26 am 
Heavyweight

doc_hol wrote:
RIGZ wrote:
yeah, having an open mind to this, I really didnt like the way the fight ended..the only legitimate KO was the first one.. The 2nd KO was a glancing blow, he took a knee which is questionable for me.. The last punch Pacman landed, was'nt that solid..it didnt even knock his head back.. When Lucas was down, I can see that he is still OK, just did'nt want to continue.. Well I hope im wrong and it was Matthysse's heart..

how many times must a boxer be KO’ed in a fight? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can be KO'D only once in a fight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:39 am 
Heavyweight

Quote:
My kumpare said this is a sham fight

Your kumpare did not watch the fight. If you will watch the boxing and not listen on your kumpare's bullshitting you. Lucas Matthysse fought to win by KO. He kept landing bombs at the sound of the bell. One vicious right landed in the 4th round. Ordinary boxer would be KOed by that right. But Pacman is no ordinary boxer. He took the worst punishments from the like of Cotto and Margarito. JMM who fought him 4 times can only fight backward because he is truly scared of PacMan's punches . PacMan strength in punching is like those of Hatton. But Strength alone cannot win a fight. PacMan is fast and he landed those vicious strong punches.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:46 am 
Heavyweight

TheUnforgiven wrote:
Pacquiao was slow today but he's packed with power...

Maybe not. Some punches snapped Lucas Matthysse head but where did those punches came from? You can only see them in instant replay in slow motion. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:51 am 
Heavyweight

theboxer69 wrote:
nag dive Matthysse sa Round 3.. yan yata ibig sabihin ng TS..
:lol: :shock: :lol:

round was an right upper cut and a vicious fast left hook. Both went in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:56 am 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
Those 2 uppercuts that dropped Mathysse would have kept many fighters down for the count. Manny moved well in this fight. Looked even better than his start against Bradley in the second fight IMO. Fast, smooth, sharp, but careful.

I agree. Volume of punches missing is not because PacMan is slower. He is now carefully placing his strong punches. He only need to land a perfect punch to win anyway because he got the speed and strength.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:13 am 
Heavyweight

RIGZ wrote:
yeah, having an open mind to this, I really didnt like the way the fight ended..the only legitimate KO was the first one.. The 2nd KO was a glancing blow, he took a knee which is questionable for me.. The last punch Pacman landed, was'nt that solid..it didnt even knock his head back.. When Lucas was down, I can see that he is still OK, just did'nt want to continue.. Well I hope im wrong and it was Matthysse's heart..

The second "KD" I think Pacman landed punches in the temple area of Lucas Matthysse. In Martial Arts, temple is one of the weak points of the head to attack. In Martial Arts without gloves, Martial artists may use carpal bones of the hand to attack the temple area. This is a dangerous move that can injure or disable an opponent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am 
Heavyweight

Matthysse took a dive? You mean he dove his face to Manny's left fist.....ok I got you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 am 
Middleweight

No one can match the style of Manny except Juan Marquez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 am 
Heavyweight

Manny was bullying Mathysse the whole fight. Manny was using a totally different tactic. No ins and out and no turning on the sides. He just kept on going forward using some head movements and blocking shots. Mathysse probably was shocked with the speed and power. Manny was used to fighting bigger opponents and obviously stronger than Mathysse. Manny probably felt he can take Mathysse's punches and not have to move a lot to evade them. It also saved Manny's stamina because his movements were shorter. He played an old boxer's game. Magulang na. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am 
Heavyweight

boy_alimog wrote:
No one can match the style of Manny except Juan Marquez

Juan had to hire people who can help him get away with illegal drugs detection for power that he didn't have. Canelo is caught. PacMan and Amir Khan I feel are both victims of cheating in sports.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 am 
Heavyweight

Erik Morales himself said that the "Mexican pharmacy was better". This is in reference to JMM's hulking body made by Angel Heredia.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:24 pm 
Welterweight

in the 2nd knock down matthysse got hit in the temple first before he backed down then knelt, its just like being hit in the solar plexus where most boxers reactions are delayed and this noobs telling the fight is a sham doesnt know boxing at all. manny punches are snappy short ranged punches that hits as hard as any other boxer fully extending their arms to pull out a power punch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 pm 
Lightweight

Now that Roach is gone, Pacquiao's old style - two right jobs and a straight left - is back. Why did Roach change it? Could it have shortened Pacquiao's boxing career?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:55 pm 
Middleweight

So I'm not alone after all in thinking Mathysee took a dive.

I never bought these "fight was scripted" theories. But after watching Manny's fights and boxing in general for decades... I noticed their movements in this fight felt very different, especially for a championship fight. This almost reminded me of a heating sparring session.

No doubt, Manny is a far superior boxer than Mathysse. But did he really get hit that hard, and was so damaged to get knocked out in 7? Mathysse is a tough boxer who's used to absorbing pain.
Manny boxed against far lesser opponents, like David Diaz or Oscar Larios who ate a lot more damaging power shots, before they got knocked out. I think Oscar Larios even made it to the final bell.

I looked at all 3 KDs. The first was a decent connection at best. Manny hit plenty of other opponents harder than that, who still remained on their feet. The 2nd and 3rd KDs barely connected. You can see Lucas take a knee, then stand up on his feet without wobbling or anything. He didn't look exhausted or damaged at all afterwards. It was as if he was being told to go down as soon as he feels Manny's stinging blow, and stay down by the 3rd time.

Mathysse is nearing the end of his career and is prolly looking to retire comfortably.Plus the facts that Roach wasn't on board and the fight being in Malaysia... all this is really strange.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - Baddes Man on Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 am 
Heavyweight

there is something wrong with matthyse

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next